+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Re: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
    I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
    Most of what has been written about teaching unions has been bollocks to pursue a political agenda. The Daily Heil has been particularly awful in this regard. Teaching union asks that things are as safe as possible for teaching staff before returning. Daily Mail suggests that's a dreadful thing and unions are to blame for schools not opening.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because they’ve been locked in for 11 weeks and counting.

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

And now you want to take their six weeks holidays off them?

I assume you haven’t got young children?
    I'm not sure if this is a wooosh ot not lol.

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.

Banned

Because they’ve been locked in for 11 weeks and counting.

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

And now you want to take their six weeks holidays off them?

I assume you haven’t got young children?
    Exactly.

Also, it's hardly as if teachers have been sat around doing sod all as well. They have been working with kids remotely, especially kids doing GCSEs and A Levels.

I bet all these people on furlough will be taking their full leave entitlement. In fact, in our place they have allowed furloughed staff to carry forward leave into next year as well, unrestricted. Oddly, I was refused a day off for tomorrow because there is too much work on.

What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
    I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
    so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,
    My wife is a teacher and has worked every day throughout lockdown.

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.

Banned

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.
    Because the kids need a break. They need holiday time with parents.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.
    got my answer then. Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They haven't been off school. Most have been learning at home. I know my nephew has been studying hard through this and is practically studying 8 hours a day Mon- Fri.
    I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.

International

I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.
    you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
    don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.
    Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.

Banned

you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
    don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.
    What the heck are you on about now?

A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.

International

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5081400]A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
    I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
    But see the replies by others above.

No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.
    Those are the ones, yes.

International

OK

Banned

Hope you get to have a good break mate.

Also wish the same for those teachers who are looking after kids of care workers, nurses, docs and other essential workers.
    And to teachers who are working through this too.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081403]
    A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
    I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
    But see the replies by others above.
    Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?

International

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5081447]

Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?
    What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
    All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

Banned

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]

What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
    All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

Christ! xsnaggle doesn't do irony, but if he did....

International

[QUOTE=CCFCC3PO;5081451]

Christ! xsnaggle doesn't do irony, but if he did....
    Can't stop can you? time to leave.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]

Pot kettle black. Amazing.

my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle and his performing brain cell View Post

Can't stop can you? time to leave.
    Why do you take yourself so seriously? No-one else does.