+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Re: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time
    Agreed, but it has to be safe as well.

International

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5081455]
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Pot kettle black. Amazing.
    But I'm not political, I think they're all wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't read newspaper real or on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    My wife is a teacher and has worked every day throughout lockdown.

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.
    100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..
    I can imagine several million people respect teachers a bit more for taking their kids off their hands five days a week.

Banned

Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.

So what?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.
    Hear hear to all of that.
    Teaching is a vocation and as for the security aspect, it is certainly earned.

What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???

Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.
    And not for enough money imo. Can only take set holidays, no sneaking off for a coffee if they’re feeling like a break, no quiet day doing admin if they’re feeling a bit off. One of those jobs I’d never do, nothing but respect for people who do it.

I always had an arrogant attitude towards teachers when I was younger, thought it was an easy route for the drop outs. But I’ve got a few friends who do it and it’s definitely harder work than you’d think.

Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..

Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..
    So what do you want teachers to do about all that? You sound as if it's their fault.

80% of those who post regularly are not working or "employed by The State"
    No recognition of the unfolding financial situation that the working population are facing.

These two sentences don't seem to make sense. How can it not be recognised if many are going through it?

**** me you post some bollocks. What has this got to do with teachers?

Are you another "free thinker" who thinks they're the only one who's realised this is bad for the global economy?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???
    When you see the tumbleweeds rolling out of the civic centre you’ll know he’s about to begin something akin to a speech by Mandela or the like.....if you fall asleep it will be something like you can meet another person in a park........woooooosh......like no ones being seeing people they no in parks for the last 10 weeks........

Heisenberg

The 5 mile "guideline" is an absolute joke - you wouldn't even be able to travel from Canton to St Mellons to visit family

I imagine nobody will be adhering to it anyway thanks to The Cummings Law.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When you see the tumbleweeds rolling out of the civic centre you’ll know he’s about to begin something akin to a speech by Mandela or the like.....if you fall asleep it will be something like you can meet another person in a park........woooooosh......like no ones being seeing people they no in parks for the last 10 weeks........
    Some have but the majority of people haven’t been. ESP as parks have been closed.

I don’t vote Labour but Drakeford has been far more impressive imo than Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The 5 mile "guideline" is an absolute joke - you wouldn't even be able to travel from Canton to St Mellons to visit family

It’s 4 miles exactly, from my front door to the front door of the CANTON, perfect

International

It’s 4 miles exactly, from my front door to the front door of the CANTON, perfect
    Only one snag with that, the canton's closed and the landolrd has gone to St Mellons to visit family

Heisenberg

Can't see any flaws in that logic

I agree with you for once....I’m off to sit down and recover.....

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Some have but the majority of people haven’t been. ESP as parks have been closed.

I don’t vote Labour but Drakeford has been far more impressive imo than Johnson.
    You cannot close many parks in Cardiff....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree with you for once....I’m off to sit down and recover.....
    I wonder if it's because I'm criticising Drakeford (again)

I wonder if it's because I'm criticising Drakeford (again)
    Well I never....like long lost brothers