Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
It’s out there, you do the research and brush up on your maths whilst at it. The weather is too nice to waste on this nonsense.
Kids have been proven to have a very low chance of getting it as you well know, only 3 under 15’s have even died from it. 50 die in road traffic accidents in a similar time period so shall we not drive anywhere also? Life is full of risks. My kids won’t be going back until September when the school is ready, that does rely on cardiff city council and your buddy doing actual work so you never know might not happen. I love having my kids home, it’s the best time but I know kids need social interaction. I trust you have no kids?
You brought it up, I assumed you could back it up with evidence. You've wasted enough time on here chatting shit, I don't see how posting a link would take much more time.

You "trust" wrong, as usual I've got a 4 year old girl who is meant to be starting school in September. This is a crucial time for her to pick up things in nursery (especially that social interaction thing that you mentioned) before heading to a more educationally-focussed setting... so I'm obviously anxious and worried about her education, just like every other parent is at this time.

The key thing that I've considered it that all of the kids her age will be in the same boat as each other. Rushing them back before the correct precautions are in place would be dangerous for them and the staff.

Slagging off Welsh Govt. and Cardiff Council for wanting to make sure it's safe and practical for them to return makes no sense to me. But it's up to you how you perceive it.

"Kids have been proven to have a very low chance of getting it as you well know, only 3 under 15’s have even died from it". They have a low mortality rate, yes... But we don't fully know how many kids have had Covid and the impact that it's had. Bit rich of you to tell me what I know... but I'm just glad you can now admit that kids can get Covid instead of categorically stating that they can't.

We can continue this petty disagreement if you want to keep pretending that you've got me sussed about my politics and about my views on Mark Drakeford (whom I've criticised several times... Including in this thread) and I'll keep coming back at you in kind... Or we can leave it here like adults?

I'm half responsible for the pettiness between us and I can be very petty on here... But I can also put the spats behind me (if your name isn't Wales Bales).

It's up to you what you want to do.