+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Threads moved to politics

Banned

Threads moved to politics

Seems that is sensible from the mods.

Just wondering if the same mods have considered my request from last night?

Re: Threads moved to politics

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Seems that is sensible from the mods.

Just wondering if the same mods have considered my request from last night?

I disagree. I don't think they should have been moved.

In fact I think it was a ridiculous move ( sorry Mike but it was)

I have never seen the point of the politics board anyway, some worthwhile posts don't get the full discussion they deserve because some people don't bother going there.

And at this time I believe political posts should have the widest circulation possible.

There have been some valid criticisms of Government policy and decisions on Covid19.

I don't agree with all of them (it may surprise some particularly Croesy Blue that I agree with some even(perhaps particularly as the buck stops with him) those about Boris) but they deserve the widest possible circulation

Mike how many complained about them being on here.

And can you take this as a formal request to move them back please

Threads involving current affairs like coronavirus, Cummings gate, lockdown et cetera can stay on the main board. The threads I moved seem to just be left v right bashing, and there is a politics forum for that

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Threads involving current affairs like coronavirus, Cummings gate, lockdown et cetera can stay on the main board. The threads I moved seem to just be left v right bashing, and there is a politics forum for that
    Good move imo, keeping the main interesting ones on here is a good idea. Especially when there isn't much football going on anyway.

The best case for having a politics forum is it keeps the genuine lunatics away from the main board.

All three threads you moved were started yesterday - there are long running threads on this board that could have accommodated two of them and I'd say the is this a lefties board one was a fishing expedition.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Good move imo, keeping the main interesting ones on here is a good idea. Especially when there isn't much football going on anyway.

The best case for having a politics forum is it keeps the genuine lunatics away from the main board.
    Has the rise in political posts here been because of a lack of interest on the Politics thread?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Has the rise in political posts here been because of a lack of interest on the Politics thread?
    Well it's definitely not to do with the lack of football.

Can't we find a big field and just have a good old ruck

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Amen to that. It’s a place I’ll never go but I reckon I can guess what posters monopolise it

I don't think you read my post thoroughly Mike

Par for the course on this board these days

I made it quite plain that I was quite aware of the politics forum but felt that it was exceptional (obviously!) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can't we find a big field and just have a good old ruck
    Yeah with 2 metre social distancing it could be like the majority of hooligan confrontations in the 80s and 90s. Get about 100 plastic white chairs for each side throw them aimlessly about and bounce up and down. If youve got a beer in one hand to throw in the air all the better. Throw chair jump up and down arms out gesturing with beer in one hand go home say you done them and say despite everything youve got respect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't think you read my post thoroughly Mike

Par for the course on this board these days

I made it quite plain that I was quite aware of the politics forum but felt that it was exceptional (obviously!) at the moment.
    Mike has agreed with you and that's why he's left the interesting threads on here. The ones that were moved were mostly full of trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

All three threads you moved were started yesterday - there are long running threads on this board that could have accommodated two of them and I'd say the is this a lefties board one was a fishing expedition.
    We often have threads that partially overlap and even a fishing expedition can produce some useful discussion.

Still find the politics forum a complete nonsense

It is pretty easy to ignore politics threads.

And you can get useful contributions from people who wouldn't go near a politics forum.