+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Certain people seem to want to find any point that’s against this movement. First it was focussing on a small number of people “killing” a shop keeper, then focussing on the looters instead of the majority of peaceful protesters, now it’s on covid.

Personally there’s no right time for action but the rights of a huge group of the world’s population has waited long enough.

I wouldn’t expect someone who tells a british born Asian to “go back to Pakistan” because they don’t like their opinion to understand though.
    I get that that message was mostly against Hartley, but I still think its utterly brainless. To say that using covid is just a way of attacking the protesters is utterly moronic. Covid is still in the process of rampaging through out societies, killing people in their thousands. We buried my grandad because of it, and we haven't seen my sister in 2 months because her care home is locked down. Other families have suffered a hell of a lot more. if pieces of shit decide that they can break social distancing like this and put more lives at risk , I will reserve the right to call them out for the vermin that they are . I find the idea that I'm just using this to have a pop at the protests repulsive.

Explain how please.
    You need to explain, all lives should be equally valued whether they are Irish, Chagossians, Aborigines, Native Americans, Kurds or Bengalis.
    Hmm I wonder why some of those peoples came to mind ?, who are we to talk with our track record hey

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    You need to explain, all lives should be equally valued whether they are Irish, Chagossians, Aborigines, Native Americans, Kurds or Bengalis.
    Hmm I wonder why some of those peoples came to mind ?, who are we to talk with our track record hey
    Here’s it explained better than I can

We said black lives matter

We never said ONLY black lives matter

We know all lives matter

We just need your help with “black lives matter” because black lives are in danger

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I get that that message was mostly against Hartley, but I still think its utterly brainless. To say that using covid is just a way of attacking the protesters is utterly moronic. Covid is still in the process of rampaging through out societies, killing people in their thousands. We buried my grandad because of it, and we haven't seen my sister in 2 months because her care home is locked down. Other families have suffered a hell of a lot more. if pieces of shit decide that they can break social distancing like this and put more lives at risk , I will reserve the right to call them out for the vermin that they are . I find the idea that I'm just using this to have a pop at the protests repulsive.
    The irony is Croesy Blue was one of most vocal supporters of the Covid-19 lockdown and associated measures, and we got nothing but doom and gloom for weeks, but he suddenly dropped it like a hot potato about 5 minutes after the people started protesting.

No I agree with you that it isn’t the best time to be having the protests and I couldn’t attend a family members funeral who died of covid too so you have my sympathy.

But can you also see that when someone has been killed due to a policeman Kneeling on his neck the action has to be taken while the iron is hot. It’s a very important movement and it’s difficult to say, let’s pencil this in for once the virus has subsided a bit more.

I do think calling the protestors pieces of shit and vermin is the wrong way to go about it though and makes you lose the moral high ground.

I’ve always been very pro lockdown, but we have to appreciate that the world and it’s situations are nuanced and things aren’t always black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I disagree with you once again. I for one, don't under estimate how difficult it is, and millions of others all over the world don't either.
    It can be a sick and cruel world we live in. Ask gay people, transexual people, fat people , ugly people,
    Disabled people etc, what its like to be persecuted and taunted. Its getting better, but we still have a million miles to go on eradicating it all together, and sadly i don't think we ever will.
    1) Are queer people more likely to be stopped and killed by the police?
    2) There are some black queer people
    3) The Stonewall riots, which were a turning point in queer rights, was started by a black transgender woman.

I do understand how life is hard for queer people, especially transgender people, but the debate is about black lives and the communities intersect.

And it is stupid how you compare the struggles of African Americans to ugly people

No I agree with you that it isn’t the best time to be having the protests and I couldn’t attend a family members funeral who died of covid too so you have my sympathy.

But can you also see that when someone has been killed due to a policeman Kneeling on his neck the action has to be taken while the iron is hot. It’s a very important movement and it’s difficult to say, let’s pencil this in for once the virus has subsided a bit more.

I do think calling the protestors pieces of shit and vermin is the wrong way to go about it though and makes you lose the moral high ground.

I’ve always been very pro lockdown, but we have to appreciate that the world and it’s situations are nuanced and things aren’t always black and white.
    To be honest what I'm finding very strange is that normally I'd be in agreement But the covid situation is literally a once in a lifetime (hopefully) situation that needs us to keep away from each other.

I was quite surprised how angry that video made me feel. To see the policeman closest to the camera squaring up to people, as his mate smirks while he quite literally squashes the life out of someone is beyond words. Also cant disagree with the structural inequality present in the states. The real irony though, is that the coronavirus is even better at exploiting the system to kill black people than a bent copper. death by Covid induced pneumonia is probably quite a similar way to go , the breathlessness, the hopelessness.

Also lets be fair, it's not hard to get yourself a ****ing mask before going out in a big group of people.

Racism against black people is no different to racism against white people or any other people for that matter.
    Tell that to African Americans who face systemic racism that gets them more likely to be killed by the people meant to protect them, less economic opportunities, basically second class citizens. And that is after years of slavery and segregation

Apologies if it looked like I was calling you out, I understand it’s a very strange situation.

Edit - @chrisp

Heisenberg

They secluded him behind a wall and looked around to see if anyone was watching so they can beat him... this is why we protest from r/PublicFreakout

Another fine example of why these protests are happening. Officers detain someone behind a wall, check to see if anyone is witnessing it and then assault the ever-living shit out of them.

All lives matter, to say any different is racist.

Are you saying an Afro Caribbean American life is worth more than an indigenous native American's life ?
    Black Lives Matter has an implicit “too” at the end

https://www.insider.com/billie-eilis...e-floyd-2020-6

I think Billie Eilish addressed all lives matter better than I could.

Maybe you pair aren’t aware “all lives matter” was set up in response to black lives matter.

Black people aren’t saying your lives don’t matter.
    She is an amazing person. Very articulate and talented

I wonder how many posters on here would be calling Emily Pankhurst a silly slag and won’t someone think of the poor horse during the suffragettes movement.

How many would be saying you’re saying votes for women but what about votes for men.

How many would be saying during the Chartists movement would be saying the civil unrest was disgusting and they only wanted a revolution.

Do people not learn from history? Would you not like to be on the right side of it?

Apologies if it looked like I was calling you out, I understand it’s a very strange situation.

Edit - @chrisp
    Tbf I think some of the language I used set me up for it. I think we all tend to get a bit tribal about anything political nowadays. I like to consider myself a moderate, then I look back at what I write and I wonder 😂

Tbf I think some of the language I used set me up for it. I think we all tend to get a bit tribal about anything political nowadays. I like to consider myself a moderate, then I look back at what I write and I wonder ��
    I'm exactly the same, worse if I've had a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was smoke cannisters not tear gas, so maybe you need a better source of news?
    Or, as ever, you do

https://twitter.com/NathanBacaTV/sta...875268097?s=20

I wonder how many posters on here would be calling Emily Pankhurst a silly slag and won’t someone think of the poor horse during the suffragettes movement.

How many would be saying you’re saying votes for women but what about votes for men.

How many would be saying during the Chartists movement would be saying the civil unrest was disgusting and they only wanted a revolution.

Do people not learn from history? Would you not like to be on the right side of it?
    https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/st...796847619?s=21

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers."

It wasn't tear gas it was OC gas. The batons were actually baguettes and the rubber bullets were actually nerf darts.

Thank you, Mr President.

Yep exactly it’s human nature and people need to educate themselves and try and fight against it.

It’s an extreme example but if we were in Nazi germany a huge percent of us would be ignoring the Jews being taken to auschwitz, a percent would be reluctantly in the SS and a very small percentage would be sharing Hitler’s propaganda with glee saying how anyone believing anything else was a sheep being taken in by the mainstream media or something.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Tell that to African Americans who face systemic racism that gets them more likely to be killed by the people meant to protect them, less economic opportunities, basically second class citizens. And that is after years of slavery and segregation
    The fly in the ointment are the black Americans who are now starting to speak out against Black Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So it wasn't tear gas, thanks for confirming that.

Anyway considering various takes on BLM by some people in this thread, I am going to post this in the hope that it may educate someone

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Anyway considering various takes on BLM by some people in this thread, I am going to post this in the hope that it may educate someone

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k
    Very informative, William Treseder should give that a watch.

84% of white murders are committed by white people but no one calls them white on white murders.