+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well done to the people in South Wales who managed to peacefully protest without turning ugly and resorting to looting and violence.
    That's Apathy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is this one hanging in your living room or the dining room?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Same thing if you're from Ely.

No. Not in my living room and I don't have a 'dining room'.

As far as i know this latest art-piece from Banksy exists only as an image on Instagram. I don't know where the original is. Don't think it matters really!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well done young man,she is so into Forest Trumps family its unreal.One horrible person.
    Unless you want to live in an echo chamber you have to listen to the voices on all sides. I've heard some right old rubbish coming from both the left and the right, but I would rather hear it for myself than have the media filter it for me.

Unless you want to live in an echo chamber you have to listen to the voices on all sides. I've heard some right old rubbish coming from both the left and the right, but I would rather hear it for myself than have the media filter it for me.
    So which side do you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    So which side do you believe.
    None in particular, but the truth is usually somewhere in between

None in particular, but the truth is usually somewhere in between
    well done

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Of course it's not true
    Cheers ,thanks for the expert view puts ones mind at rest with your remarkable insight of life .

Bit of a worry about social distancing rules going in London .
    Hope it doesn't start a spike in infections ,those attending don't deserve that .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52951093

Well done to the people in South Wales who managed to peacefully protest without turning ugly and resorting to looting and violence.
    Do worry about Covid spread though .

https://twitter.com/krystalscake/sta...961390081?s=21

Justice for George be ****ed. Disgraceful.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cheers ,thanks for the expert view puts ones mind at rest with your remarkable insight of life .
    You're welcome

Disgraceful scenes in London.

I'm probably being completely ignorant here but what are these protests in the UK actually about. What do the people attending specifically want to change here?

From Twitter:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I'm probably being completely ignorant here but what are these protests in the UK actually about. What do the people attending specifically want to change here?
    1) The main reason is to show solidarity with the protestors in America
    2) The killing of George Floyd has got people talking about racism in various countries. In the UK, there have been 1741 deaths of BAME people filling police contact since 1990 so the protest would also raise that issue and bring awareness
    3) Possibly the fact that the UK sells rubber bullets to the US and people want the sales to stop - see the Independent link I posted

Recent points include Belly Mujinga, a railway worker who died from COVID, after someone spat at her and the BAME population being disproportionately affected by COVID but some action seems to have started, possibly due to the pressures from people

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    1) The main reason is to show solidarity with the protestors in America
    2) The killing of George Floyd has got people talking about racism in various countries. In the UK, there have been 1741 deaths of BAME people filling police contact since 1990 so the protest would also raise that issue and bring awareness
    3) Possibly the fact that the UK sells rubber bullets to the US and people want the sales to stop - see the Independent link I posted

Recent points include Belly Mujinga, a railway worker who died from COVID, after someone spat at her and the BAME population being disproportionately affected by COVID but some action seems to have started, possibly due to the pressures from people
    Bringing awareness to what exactly? That when you actually break down that number it isn't very significant?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363

The case of Belly Mujinga is tragic, but I am baffled as to why you think it's a racism one. The anger should be at her employer for allowing her to work despite her underlying conditions. When the spitter was tested for antibodies, it came back negative (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52853859), so again, the anger should be at her worker for allowing her to remain in a customer facing role. Strangely that case works against your justification for protests because there will likely be more people out there who will get this virus and die directly because of these protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bringing awareness to what exactly? That when you actually break down that number it isn't very significant?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363

The case of Belly Mujinga is tragic, but I am baffled as to why you think it's a racism one. The anger should be at her employer for allowing her to work despite her underlying conditions. When the spitter was tested for antibodies, it came back negative (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52853859), so again, the anger should be at her worker for allowing her to remain in a customer facing role. Strangely that case works against your justification for protests because there will likely be more people out there who will get this virus and die directly because of these protests.
    Cheers for sending the BBC article. It seems really detailed and reading the figures that you suggested seems interesting. Same with the Lammy Review section.

The case of Belly Mujinga has got a CPS review underway. I guess the discussion around her death is about equity and I agree that it is wrong of her boss to allow her to work in such a role, especially considering her pre-existing conditions

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Cheers for sending the BBC article. It seems really detailed and reading the figures that you suggested seems interesting. Same with the Lammy Review section.

The case of Belly Mujinga has got a CPS review underway. I guess the discussion around her death is about equity and I agree that it is wrong of her boss to allow her to work in such a role, especially considering her pre-existing conditions
    I think the reopening is because of public pressure, unless they find her boss kept her in work because he hates black people then I don't think much will come from it. Definitely a case of negligence but it doesn't feel right to use it as an example for a civil rights movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The guy who spoke in Cardiff said he didn’t want to live in fear of being killed by police because of the colour of his skin. Perhaps he was from the USA and was just on vacation.

The guy who spoke in Cardiff said he didn’t want to live in fear of being killed by police because of the colour of his skin. Perhaps he was from the USA and was just on vacation.
    Do you think black people in this country get treated equally and without discrimination by the police , the courts etc ?

Are you aware of the high disproportionate number of deaths of black men in police custody ?

You do realise that black men have been killed by the police in this country ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you think black people in this country get treated equally and without discrimination by the police , the courts etc ?

Are you aware of the high disproportionate number of deaths of black men in police custody ?

You do realise that black men have been killed by the police in this country ?
    Any sources for the disproportionate claims?

Yes, black people have been killed by police in this country, but that isn't what these protests are about because it isn't an issue here. I've linked the police deaths so you can look through and pick out ones that were unlawful, you'll note that the worst cases were decades back (and not all related to race).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom

Trying to conflate US police issues with our issues is insulting and undermines the movement in the US.