+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Couldn't give a flying **** about what butetown think mate. You said black people dying in custody is an issue here, it isn't. You said police killing black people here is an issue, it isn't.

You are also white, stop speaking for black people and assuming you'd know what they'd disagree with
    I agree its not an issue if the UK as people aren't as likely to die in police custody here as they are in the US but if you are black you are more at risk of dying in police custody than if you are white.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-ethnicity/

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I can , it's just my opinion agrees with those of the oppressed who know what it like to suffer racism and discrimination because of the colour of their skin

Unless you are going to tell me you are of afro Caribbean origin ?
    Chinese

Tell them what? No-one is making the arguments you are. Do you hate yourself because you're white or what? You are obsessed with trying to use it as an insult.
    He’s stuck in the 90s

You only have to listen to the way he talks about the soul crew and what drugs are dealt in certain cities to realise the man is stuck in a time warp.

All his analogy’s are from the 80s and 90s

Swear he was frozen in 1992 and has just been defrosted

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Chinese
    Have the chinese community in the uk suffered from racism and discrimination on a level the afro Caribbean community have ?

Yes or no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I agree its not an issue if the UK as people aren't as likely to die in police custody here as they are in the US but if you are black you are more at risk of dying in police custody than if you are white.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363

Percentage of those arrested there’s nothing in it. More chance of a white arrested person dying in custody.

Tell them what? No-one is making the arguments you are. Do you hate yourself because you're white or what? You are obsessed with trying to use it as an insult.
    Go down to butetown tell them you think they shouldn't have been protesting about racism today in the city centre

Let me know how you get on

Have the chinese community in the uk suffered from racism and discrimination on a level the afro Caribbean community have ?

Yes or no ?
    Every night. I remember someone wrote Hong Kong Phoeey sucks Jim’s chicken balls in permanent marker on Jim’s chinese in Penydarren when I was a kid.

He’s stuck in the 90s

You only have to listen to the way he talks about the soul crew and what drugs are dealt in certain cities to realise the man is stuck in a time warp.

All his analogy’s are from the 80s and 90s

Swear he was frozen in 1992 and has just been defrosted
    i had him on ignore for a year but cause of how useless the ignore feature is i see all of his stupid posts.

i had him on ignore for a year but cause of how useless the ignore feature is i see all of his stupid posts.
    Guys a clown

Go down to butetown tell them you think they shouldn't have been protesting about racism today in the city centre

tell who?

tell who?
    Billy Bute Town

“Tell them” is a bit racist isn’t it?

Every night. I remember someone wrote Hong Kong Phoeey sucks Jim’s chicken balls in permanent marker on Jim’s chinese in Penydarren when I was a kid.
    If you are of chinese origin and have suffered discrimination on the scale you say you have I am amazed you dont have empathy with the protestors

You have spent most of this thread slagging them off

Very odd

I am going to bed

If you are of chinese origin and have suffered discrimination on the scale you say you have I am amazed you dont have empathy with the protestors

You have spent most of this thread slagging them off

Very odd

I am going to bed
    Thank god for that. Remember to take those clown shoes off before you do.

Can’t believe a ****ing prick would do that... sorry to hear that you had to see that

tell who?
    The people of butetown who travelled up to the city centre today to protest

It's better than messing about on this thread , it's full of the same old arguments

Tell them you think their protest is pointless and has nothing to do with what happened in america

The people of butetown who travelled up to the city centre today to protest

It's better than messing about on this thread , it's full of the same old arguments

Tell them you think their protest is pointless and has nothing to do with what happened in america

So you want me to go door to door with a printout of the BBC article that proved you wrong and tell the people of butetown that white people are statistically more likely to die in police custody? what the **** does that achieve mun? go to bed

Percentage of those arrested there’s nothing in it. More chance of a white arrested person dying in custody.
    But based on those figures if you were black you have more of a chance of dying in police custody than a white person.

It happens more often to white people because the UK is made up of 85% white people.

Thank god for that. Remember to take those clown shoes off before you do.
    So are you chinese ?

And you have suffered discrimination

Yet you have spent this thread having a go at protestors , mostly peaceful , in this country protesting against racism ?

I am sorry but if you are what you say you are then you are very odd

Take care of yourself

Who to believe???

Who to believe???
    well they use the exact same source you did, just broke it down by arrests made

So you want me to go door to door with a printout of the BBC article that proved you wrong and tell the people of butetown that white people are statistically more likely to die in police custody? what the **** does that achieve mun? go to bed
    Well I think behind this arguement , before you got offensive was your view that the protests in this country were pointless as police brutality in this country was not a problem on the scale it is in the united states . I think you will find most of the people on that protest today are against discrimination

It's pointless, looking at this thread , trying to persuade a group of mostly , almost exclusively white blokes on here that these protests are futile

What do you think ?

well they use the exact same source you did, just broke it down by arrests made
    **** me stats manipulated to make a story appear different - who'd have thunked it.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Can’t believe a ****ing prick would do that... sorry to hear that you had to see that
    I’m not chinese I was just being sarcastic.

Someone did write it though. Probably a kid. It did upset Steven, Jim’s son, who used to bother with us. But probably because his nickname was Phoeey after the cartoon character so he thought someone was saying he sucked his fathers balls.

I’m not saying it’s right now in 2020 but in 1986 I’m sure it was just meant to be a joke and not incite any racial hatred. We were less educated to other cultures then.

We have never had many BAME folk in Merthyr. Plenty of Italians and then later the Chinese then Indians were as exotic as it got. In the last 20 years the Polaks and the Portugese have come here for a better life. The Portuguese in particular have embraced the community and have opened several bars and restaurants in a certain part of town, it’s like Little Lisbon. I remember when they beat us in the Euro semi final a couple of idiots went up to one of their bars looking to start trouble but they were soon sent packing by the more decent Merthyr folk.

The Polaks keep themselves to themselves more. Caused a few problems in town with their violence. Hard bastards to be fair.