+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m not chinese I was just being sarcastic.

Someone did write it though. Probably a kid. It did upset Steven, Jim’s son, who used to bother with us. But probably because his nickname was Phoeey after the cartoon character so he thought someone was saying he sucked his fathers balls.

I’m not saying it’s right now in 2020 but in 1986 I’m sure it was just meant to be a joke and not incite any racial hatred. We were less educated to other cultures then.

We have never had many BAME folk in Merthyr. Plenty of Italians and then later the Chinese then Indians were as exotic as it got. In the last 20 years the Polaks and the Portugese have come here for a better life. The Portuguese in particular have embraced the community and have opened several bars and restaurants in a certain part of town, it’s like Little Lisbon. I remember when they beat us in the Euro semi final a couple of idiots went up to one of their bars looking to start trouble but they were soon sent packing by the more decent Merthyr folk.

The Polaks keep themselves to themselves more. Caused a few problems in town with their violence. Hard bastards to be fair.
    Very long established jewish and Ukrainian community in merthyr

Not a lot of people know that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So are you chinese ?

And you have suffered discrimination

Yet you have spent this thread having a go at protestors , mostly peaceful , in this country protesting against racism ?

I am sorry but if you are what you say you are then you are very odd

Take care of yourself
    I thought you was off to bed?

If you think protesting in the tens of thousands in the middle of a pandemic is sensible then you are a fool. The cause is irrelevant, Covid, like mental health, does not discriminate.

I know for a fact if tens of thousands were protesting for a cause you didn’t feel strongly about you would be swivel eyed and frothing at the mouth.

Very long established jewish and Ukrainian community in merthyr

Not a lot of people know that
    Bollox

Well I think behind this arguement , before you got offensive was your view that the protests in this country were pointless as police brutality in this country was not a problem on the scale it is in the united states . I think you will find most of the people on that protest today are against discrimination

It's pointless, looking at this thread , trying to persuade a group of mostly , almost exclusively white blokes on here that these protests are futile

What do you think ?
    All I did was prove your stupid claims to be bullshit. If someone from butetown told me police kill black people disproportionately like you did I'd tell them the same thing, you are conflating US issues with ours and I have proven multiple times that they aren't the same

Protests could be about anything and I'd be against them because of the coronavirus risk(ironically it will kill more black people than your claims about police), if I went to butetown to tell "them" what I told you then I'd be breaking the WAG's 5 mile rule which would make me a hypocrite. Why even say you're off to bed but you're still here screeching about butetown like it's Compton you numpty

Someone did write it though. Probably a kid. It did upset Steven, Jim’s son, who used to bother with us. But probably because his nickname was Phoeey after the cartoon character so he thought someone was saying he sucked his fathers balls.

I’m not saying it’s right now in 2020 but in 1986 I’m sure it was just meant to be a joke and not incite any racial hatred. We were less educated to other cultures then.

We have never had many BAME folk in Merthyr. Plenty of Italians and then later the Chinese then Indians were as exotic as it got. In the last 20 years the Polaks and the Portugese have come here for a better life. The Portuguese in particular have embraced the community and have opened several bars and restaurants in a certain part of town, it’s like Little Lisbon. I remember when they beat us in the Euro semi final a couple of idiots went up to one of their bars looking to start trouble but they were soon sent packing by the more decent Merthyr folk.

The Polaks keep themselves to themselves more. Caused a few problems in town with their violence. Hard bastards to be fair.
    Very interesting. I want to visit the bars. Not sure if it’s because I want to check out Portuguese bars, or am drinking more during lockdown, or want to go to a bar after staying home for like 2/3 months

Bollox
    Research the history of your own town

Jewish people settled in merthyr when it was wales biggest towns and one of the first synagogues in wales was set up in the town

Long before the recent eastern european immigrants arrived people from the coal mining areas of the Ukraine came to work in the mines around merthyr

Lots of eastern european and Ukrainian immigrants came to merthyr in the 19290s and their names remain today

In the days of the valley rams one of the buses from merthyr was run by a bloke whose grandfather was ukranian

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    All I did was prove your stupid claims to be bullshit. If someone from butetown told me police kill black people disproportionately like you did I'd tell them the same thing, you are conflating US issues with ours and I have proven multiple times that they aren't the same

Protests could be about anything and I'd be against them because of the coronavirus risk(ironically it will kill more black people than your claims about police), if I went to butetown to tell "them" what I told you then I'd be breaking the WAG's 5 mile rule which would make me a hypocrite. Why even say you're off to bed but you're still here screeching about butetown like it's Compton you numpty
    Just throwing around silly insults now

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Very interesting. I want to visit the bars. Not sure if it’s because I want to check out Portuguese bars, or am drinking more during lockdown, or want to go to a bar after staying home for like 2/3 months

One bar Portugalles. Cafe in the day bar/restaurant in the night. Do the nicest Portugese tarts. Always stop in for 1 and a bottle of Sagrwa when walking into town.

Lovely people the Portugese.

Just throwing around silly insults now
    if the shoe fits

I thought you was off to bed?

If you think protesting in the tens of thousands in the middle of a pandemic is sensible then you are a fool. The cause is irrelevant, Covid, like mental health, does not discriminate.

I know for a fact if tens of thousands were protesting for a cause you didn’t feel strongly about you would be swivel eyed and frothing at the mouth.
    Well if you look at your posts in this thread you are clearly not in agreement with these protests , you have made multiple posts about it and you seem to be the one getting foamy at the mouth

I am perfectly calm

One bar Portugalles. Cafe in the day bar/restaurant in the night. Do the nicest Portugese tarts. Always stop in for 1 and a bottle of Sagrwa when walking into town.

Lovely people the Portugese.
    I assume you meant the custard tarts? Ffs bro, I can’t get them at this time... stop making me crave them!

if the shoe fits
    Well I think if you can remain calm when those around you are losing their head , then the waters will remain peaceful

Research the history of your own town

Jewish people settled in merthyr when it was wales biggest towns and one of the first synagogues in wales was set up in the town

Long before the recent eastern european immigrants arrived people from the coal mining areas of the Ukraine came to work in the mines around merthyr

Lots of eastern european and Ukrainian immigrants came to merthyr in the 19290s and their names remain today

In the days of the valley rams one of the buses from merthyr was run by a bloke whose grandfather was ukranian
    There is not a long and established community. They may have come here in the past but there is certainly not a Jewish or Ukrainian communities in the last 20/30 years in Merthyr.

Most of the Merthyr rams were from down Troedyrhiw / Aberfan / Treharris way which although they are in the borough of Merthyr they are not in the town in itself.

I used to go to school with a lad called Heggadeus from Treharris. The only Jew I knew and he was from Hungary.

Well I think if you can remain calm when those around you are losing their head , then the waters will remain peaceful
    glad you stayed up to drop this pearl of wisdom

Well if you look at your posts in this thread you are clearly not in agreement with these protests , you have made multiple posts about it and you seem to be the one getting foamy at the mouth

I am perfectly calm
    I am not in agreement with the UK protests at this time. Regardless of the cause of the protest I wouldn’t be in agreement. Time and a place. In the middle of a pandemic this is not the time.

There is not a long and established community. They may have come here in the past but there is certainly not a Jewish or Ukrainian communities in the last 20/30 years in Merthyr.

Most of the Merthyr rams were from down Troedyrhiw / Aberfan / Treharris way which although they are in the borough of Merthyr they are not in the town in itself.

I used to go to school with a lad called Heggadeus from Treharris. The only Jew I knew and he was from Hungary.
    There is, Ukrainians and jews began arriving in the 19th century in merthyr

Just told you that merthyr was home to one of wales first synagogues

There are , of course, jews from Hungary

With regard to the town of merthyr there are plenty of cardiff fans , not just the rams from the south of the borough . I knew a girl from penydarren in college who was a bluebird fanatic

glad you stayed up to drop this pearl of wisdom
    Well it's true

Well it's true
    you're not the person i'd go to for the truth

There is, Ukrainians and jews began arriving in the 19th century in merthyr

Just told you that merthyr was home to one of wales first synagogues

There are , of course, jews from Hungary

With regard to the town of merthyr there are plenty of cardiff fans , not just the rams from the south of the borough . I knew a girl from penydarren in college who was a bluebird fanatic
    The synagogue has been shut for about 40 years.

I’m fully aware of Cardiff’s Merthyr support Sludge. You said someone who run the Rams bus told you about the Ukranians. The fellas who run the Merthyr Rams were our of Towners and Jackie from Dowlais who isn’t Ukrainians.

Catherine McCormack is probably the girl youre on about. I am also from Penydarren and went to her school. Know her and her brother Chris well.

Quite what that has to do with a Ukrainian community that doesn’t exist on the town I don’t know.

There was an area of Merthyr given the name 'China' because it was such a disease ridden shithole, where many of the residents were better off in prison because they had food and could wash. As for the word 'Polak' i wouldn't call them that, they don't like it Merthyr is one of the whitest places on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There was an area of Merthyr given the name 'China' because it was such a disease ridden shithole, where many of the residents were better off in prison because they had food and could wash. As for the word 'Polak' i wouldn't call them that, they don't like it Merthyr is one of the whitest places on the planet.
    Another local Merthyr historian. Who would have thought we’d have so many out of town experts on this forum.

My best mate is Polish he uses that word all the time

Perhaps it’s like the blacks using the N word and reclaiming it.

Another local Merthyr historian. Who would have thought we’d have so many out of town experts on this forum.

My best mate is Polish he uses that word all the time

Perhaps it’s like the blacks using the N word and reclaiming it.
    Polak goes back to the Nazi invasion, it's a slur, Hitler used te word as a way of lumping them all in together like they were sub human. As for the china thing, the name was revised to 'little hell' a few years later

Polak goes back to the Nazi invasion, it's a slur, Hitler used te word as a way of lumping them all in together like they were sub human. As for the china thing, the name was revised to 'little hell' a few years later
    Probably the Ukrainians

Polack was in use long before the Nazis.

Best wishes to the police woman who newly got decapitated in yesterday's London riots.