+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What does he say about race that you agree with him on?
    Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    What are their opinions then?
    As you can imagine it varies.
    One size does not fit all.

What do you mean by

“ personal responsibility is important and that the shackles of victimhood should be broken.”

Can you give some examples of this?

What do you mean by

“ personal responsibility is important and that the shackles of victimhood should be broken.”

I’m sure if you look at the numerous videos of Thomas Sowell dating back to the 1970’s he will be able to offer far more eloquent examples than I.

That is unless you are cross examining me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I’m sure if you look at the numerous videos of Thomas Sowell dating back to the 1970’s he will be able to offer far more eloquent examples than I.

That is unless you are cross examining me?
    Well it's your opinion you're presenting so just wondering what makes you hold it.

What do you mean by

Mary Decker ?

Well it's your opinion you're presenting so just wondering what makes you hold it.
    I think that it is certainly more beneficial to determine ones future and excel rather than dwell on circumstances.

I think that it is certainly more beneficial to determine ones future and excel rather than dwell on circumstances.
    What if those circumstances are limiting your opitions and chances at a good future though?

I think your point would be valid if we were all starting on a level playing field, unfortunately we aren't.

That's why I stopped voting for Welsh Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think that , how about a lot of people who have protested are very passionate and believe in the cause ?

How about they dont need an excuse ? They are pissed off and it's got nothing to do with the pandemic

After all if the governments adviser can piss off around the country , if people can get drunk and have house parties and mix , why cant they ?
    Fundamentally nothing has changed recently, America is as racist as before, so is Britain so why the crowds now?

A small town near me had a protest and counter protest this week, a couple of hundred from each side and another hundred watching to see what happened. Nobody there had any particular reason to be there. This is unusual in terms of turnout.

As for your point amount Cummings, I don't really get where you are going. He is a complete twat, people having parties are twats, people going to a crowded beach are twats and imo people going to a protest during a lockdown which is saving lives need a bloody good reason and I haven't seen it yet.

Would you agree that your future and you ability to excel in modern society is far greater than most african americans and that the ingrained racism in society is one of the reasons for that ?

I agree that positive discrimination and affirmative action is a part of social change . Some people , including conservative right wing libertarian african americans like sowell , and hes way more intelligent than I can even dream of , have a different view. But lots of african Americans and lots of white americans dont agree with sowell .

What if those circumstances are limiting your opitions and chances at a good future though?

I think your point would be valid if we were all starting on a level playing field, unfortunately we aren't.
    Like being brought up on a South Wales council estate in the 70’s/80’s compared to other parts of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Would you agree that your future and you ability to excel in modern society is far greater than most african americans and that the ingrained racism in society is one of the reasons for that ?

I agree that positive discrimination and affirmative action is a part of social change . Some people , including conservative right wing libertarian african americans like sowell , and hes way more intelligent than I can even dream of , have a different view. But lots of african Americans and lots of white americans dont agree with sowell .
    Not necessarily.

I think a good family and upbringing is more important in determining such factors as opposed to skin color.

Lots of African Americans do though, people cannot keep lumping them in as a collective with one voice, taste or set of values..they are individuals!!!

Heisenberg

The restraint shown by the guy in the video is something I don't think I'd have - but I guess I'm statistically less likely to get shot if I reacted. Absolutely infuriating behaviour by the sheriff.

Like being brought up on a South Wales council estate in the 70’s/80’s compared to other parts of the country?
    Exactly like that but imagine it being even lower down the chain! You can’t shake it off by getting a degree or working hard because your post code isn’t following you around your whole life like your skin colour is.

I came from a working class coal mining valley and now earn 6 figures but I wouldn’t say every person could have worked as hard and achieved the same. I was lucky to have the right advice and lucky to do as well as I did even with the hard work I put in. I wouldn’t go on tv now and say inequality and poverty in the valleys doesn’t exist because it does.

Black people have it even harder than that even in the U.K. 60% less likely to be offered a job than a white person with the exact same qualifications.

Then in the US it’s even worse again. More likely to be born into poverty, less likely to get a job, more likely to get arrested, more likely to receive a harsher sentence.

The family upbringing could be amazing and they still have to fight against all this. You’d think coming from a working class background you’d be more obvious to the struggles people face and accept that black people have it hard .

Not necessarily.

I think a good family and upbringing is more important in determining such factors as opposed to skin color.

Lots of African Americans do though, people cannot keep lumping them in as a collective with one voice, taste or set of values..they are individuals!!!
    I’m sorry but it’s pissed me off how wrong and ignorant this is. It is absolute bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

The restraint shown by the guy in the video is something I don't think I'd have - but I guess I'm statistically less likely to get shot if I reacted. Absolutely infuriating behaviour by the sheriff.
    Shocking!!

I’m sorry but it’s pissed me off how wrong and ignorant this is. It is absolute bull shit.
    Please explain which part and why?

That you think a good upbringing is more important factor than skin colour.

It’s proven bullshit. There are hundreds of thousands of examples and statistics that prove that’s bullshit.

There is no escaping the prejudices that come with being black, no matter your upbringing or how educated you are. I honestly can’t believe you’ve said that to a black person is without them calling it out.

That you think a good upbringing is more important factor than skin colour.

It’s proven bullshit. There are hundreds of thousands of examples and statistics that prove that’s bullshit.

There is no escaping the prejudices that come with being black, no matter your upbringing or how educated you are. I honestly can’t believe you’ve said that to a black person is without them calling it out.
    I have already stated numerous times how unjust society can be in the US.
    I have not denied for one moment the prejudice here.

However, the question was about ability to excel in modern society.

If you don’t think that African Americans can excel in modern society as much as I have or indeed any average white guy...maybe you are harbouring sub conscious racism.

I have already stated numerous times how unjust society can be in the US.
    I have not denied for one moment the prejudice here.

However, the question was about ability to excel in modern society.

If you don’t think that African Americans can excel in modern society as much as I have or indeed any average white guy...maybe you are harbouring sub conscious racism.
    You accept that prejudice in education , healthcare , housing and employment is there

You dont agree with positive discrimination in housing and work programmes

Yet you think african american people in america have the same chance of getting on in american society as the average white guy ?

Well the statistics do not agree with you , the situation in this country is far from perfect but if you are suggesting anyone can succeed in america then we are going to have to disagree

If I’m honest between “learning a lot more” from a conservative author on Fox News and using the death of lee rigby to try and point score over the protests, it sums up either how biased or ignorant you are. It’s not worth discussing it with you because you won’t even bother to see where you’re wrong.
    Can i start by asking who the **** do you think you are.? You are some 2 bit contributor on a football message board, who comes across as a complete asshole, who thinks he’s here to educate everyone who has a different outlook or opinion
    Ive been a part of this whole thread, and feel very comfortable in my views and opinions, as i am not racist and never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Can i start by asking who the **** do you think you are.? You are some 2 bit contributor on a football message board, who comes across as a complete asshole, who thinks he’s here to educate everyone who has a different outlook or opinion
    Ive been a part of this whole thread, and feel very comfortable in my views and opinions, as i am not racist and never have been.
    Jeez

Tbh it is essential to know about racism as it is a big issue. Your privilege is talking when you call someone who tries to educate you on it an “asshole”

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What did you get from it, if you don't mind me asking?
    For what its worth i agreed with some of his views, such as opportunities are there now for everyone of any skin colour to progress, his concerns with the break down of the traditional family fabric, and the observation that many blacks are Still playing the victim card. I didn't agree with his views on “White guilt”
    Any white person who isn't racist, has absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Jeez

Tbh it is essential to know about racism as it is a big issue. Your privilege is talking when you call someone who tries to educate you on it an “asshole”
    The last people i need to educate me, is you and Croesy. God help us if its down to you 2 to do it,

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The last people i need to educate me, is you and Croesy. God help us if its down to you 2 to do it,
    Education is secondary, learning how to learn comes first, and a lot of people don't know how to do that. It results in people being easily swayed by "experts" and the media. A good book I've read is Sapiens, which explains how gullible people really are, and how easily they can be manipulated. Just because a large group of people echo the same talking points, doesn't necessarily mean that they are right.