+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This is a genuine and serious question, so i hope nobody jumps down my throat accusing me of being racist.
    Was there a 40 pager on here when Lee Rigby got murdered, and was there any protests, marches or riots anywhere in the UK?
    He wasn't killed by someone employed by the state.
    There isn't a history of intollerance towards white people.
    His murderers were arrested immediately not 3 days later.
    There isn't a history of terrorists getting away with murder.

So what would they be protesting? What would the thread be discussing? Maybe I've missed something but I don't draw any parellels between the two situations other than someone being murdered.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you don’t think the pubs will ever open then?
    Again you put thing up there that were never said. I said there are certain people who would be happy if pubs never open again. The sad thing is that the longer they are closed then the fewer that will probably reopen.
    There are for example people in l
    Llandaff who were complaining about the pubs and trying to get them closed down or restricted even before they had the corona virus stick to beat the powers that be with.
    Landaff high street used to be a thriving small business community and it is dying on its feet. if the pubs and restaurants close it will die completely but these people don't care, they think that these places shouldn't be there. you don't have to believe me or take my word for it, you can just go and ask the publicans and the people who are regulars in these places. you'll hear the same thing.
    it's sad but there you are.

Heisenberg

This is a genuine and serious question, so i hope nobody jumps down my throat accusing me of being racist.
    Was there a 40 pager on here when Lee Rigby got murdered, and was there any protests, marches or riots anywhere in the UK?
    I think there were a fair few anti-Islam marches at the time that masqueraded as being somehing else.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Again you put thing up there that were never said. I said there are certain people who would be happy if pubs never open again. The sad thing is that the longer they are closed then the fewer that will probably reopen.
    There are for example people in l
    Llandaff who were complaining about the pubs and trying to get them closed down or restricted even before they had the corona virus stick to beat the powers that be with.

Landaff high street used to be a thriving small business community and it is dying on its feet. if the pubs and restaurants close it will die completely but these people don't care, they think that these places shouldn't be there. you don't have to believe me or take my word for it, you can just go and ask the publicans and the people who are regulars in these places. you'll hear the same thing.
    it's sad but there you are.
    Are you stating facts or opinions now?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are you stating facts or opinions now?
    I reer the honourable member to my previous answer

So what would they be protesting? What would the thread be discussing? Maybe I've missed something but I don't draw any parellels between the two situations other than someone being murdered.
    Who in the UK was killed by the state? and it took 3 days to arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who in the UK was killed by the state? and it took 3 days to arrest?
    That's what was the fuel for this protest though. Aren't the protests in the UK about solidarity with racism suffered by black people?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is the Lee Rigby murder in anyway linked to this?

International

Tell some of the IRA killers that, and the likes of Freddie Scappaticci.

Tell some of the IRA killers that, and the likes of Freddie Scappaticci.
    Ok mate I’ll get on the blower to them now.

International

Ok mate I’ll get on the blower to them now.
    lol

That's what was the fuel for this protest though. Aren't the protests in the UK about solidarity with racism suffered by black people?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is the Lee Rigby murder in anyway linked to this?
    I dont know, I didn't pose the question, WT will have to elaborate, im assuming he means we did'nt get this outpouring of grief when someone was mercilessly killed on our own streets.

But hey, it doesnt matter as much because he wasnt killed by someone from the state and they didnt take 3 days to arrest them.

I dont know, I didn't pose the question, WT will have to elaborate, im assuming he means we did'nt get this outpouring of grief when someone was mercilessly killed on our own streets.

But hey, it doesnt matter as much because he wasnt killed by someone from the state and they didnt take 3 days to arrest them.
    I didn't say it didn't matter. It was a disgusting murder or an innocent young man. And the two scumbags who did it have been sent away for life.

I just don't understand what the protest would be against or how they are at all similar. I don't mean to play down Rigby's murder, I just cannot see how it is relavent here.

I see good old Tommy's boys were chanting "There's only one Lee Rigby" and "Go Back to Africa" at BLM protests today. So maybe I am missing something.

He’s clearly here to honour us with his infinite wisdom.

There’s not a subject on this thread (and there’s been a few!!) that he is not an expert on.
    Everyone deserves a voice 'everyone matters'

I see good old Tommy's boys were chanting "There's only one Lee Rigby" and "Go Back to Africa" at BLM protests today. So maybe I am missing something.
    They are lunatics and don't deserve to be on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If any of that is true - if - how in your mind does that change the situation? In any way?
    Not only did they both know each other, there was also some animosity between them. I'm not sure why you thought their relationship status was not important to any investigation, but there is now another possible motive besides racism that could even see the charges being bumped up to Murder 1.

you just want to put right all the wrongs in your head.
    i think we should smash all the grave stones in all the British War cemetries all over the world and plough the land up. then go to all the countries we colonised and destroy all the things we put there that so apparently ruined them, like railways and roads and water systems, let them go back to how they would be if we had never interfered with them, then go and apologise to the germans for winning the war, burn HMS Victory because Nelson made war in the nile, decommission the royal navy because it is an instrument of capitalist oppression, then pass a law that says any one who is white british must by definition be wrong in any argument.
    how's that trampie. Have I left anything out? Oh yes apologise to the frogs chinks wops polaks greeks arabs burmese and all the other people we gave so many lives to liberate in WW2 because we referred to them by these now derogatory terms whilst saving them. Let me know what else needs doing when we've finished that lot.
    your post might be in the jest, but

last night I saw a listof " racists that must fall " on another mb i use

Baden powell was on it, his crime was atrocities against zulus

now this guy served in the british army for 34 years, we were expanding / protecting the empire, he commanded troops in the boer war

where will it end ? ? ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    your post might be in the jest, but

last night I saw a listof " racists that must fall " on another mb i use

Baden powell was on it, his crime was atrocities against zulus

now this guy served in the british army for 34 years, we were expanding / protecting the empire, he commanded troops in the boer war

where will it end ? ? ?
    This evening on the news they were talking of wiping out any reference to Drake in Plymouth and of Captain Cook in his home town. It's crazy. But politicians are afraid to say any single word against it because they will immediately be labelled as racist themselves.

Sadly I think she is representative of the teaching profession. We had incidents during the brexit campaign and the last election of children being bullied at school because the parents were thought to be conservative and of that bullying being encouraged by teachers. The lady I spoke of definitely thinks she is representative of the teaching profession and she talks to her colleagues and teaching union officials all the time, and not only encourages it but thinks it is perfectly right to indoctrinate young children with a particular political trait.
    There's been some tremendous fibbers on here over the years but this is a top 5 entry.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    There's been some tremendous fibbers on here over the years but this is a top 5 entry.
    I don't tell lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I don't tell lies.
    Bet you've got a big black spot on your tongue.

I posed that question, because i genuinely
    couldn’t remember how much of a reaction there was on here at the time it happened.
    Im also trying to get my head around recent events, since the murder of George Floyd. The slogan “Black lives matter” hasn't sat comfortable with me.
    I know its based on incidents of black people being killed whilst in custody, or whilst getting arrested by police, primarily in the States.
    The slogan falls down though, when you roll out the figures of how many black people have been butchered on the streets of the USA and UK, by fellow black people, just for pinning their colours to a different gang. Thousands of young black lives, snuffed out in a heartbeat.
    You just cannot start protesting under a slogan like that, and only aim it at the state. It doesn’t work.

I posed that question, because i genuinely
    couldn’t remember how much of a reaction there was on here at the time it happened.
    Im also trying to get my head around recent events, since the murder of George Floyd. The slogan “Black lives matter” hasn't sat comfortable with me.
    I know its based on incidents of black people being killed whilst in custody, or whilst getting arrested by police, primarily in the States.
    The slogan falls down though, when you roll out the figures of how many black people have been butchered on the streets of the USA and UK, by fellow black people, just for pinning their colours to a different gang. Thousands of young black lives, snuffed out in a heartbeat.
    You just cannot start protesting under a slogan like that, and only aim it at the state. It doesn’t work.
    But those lives are included in it because so many black people are involved in that because they're born into abject poverty with no chance. You do realise how tiny the percentage of black people involved in gang activity actually is too don't you?

Remember black lives matter means black lives matter too, so if you saying black life matter doesn't sit right with you because of that you're saying black lives shouldn't matter as much due to the actions of 0.001% of the black population. Plenty of white people kill people but we don't think our lives should matter less because of it.

Adz posted a good video on BLM a few pages back, it's definitely worth watching if you have any issues with it. It really helped clear up some points for me.

This is the video seriosuly it's worth watching

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k

I think the biggest thing that jumped out to me is how much white on white violence there actually is.