+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League to restart Jun 17th

Premier League to restart Jun 17th

Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal

Heisenberg

Re: Premier League to restart Jun 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal
    I wasn't expecting it to happen and I still have some doubts that it will happen, despite this announcement.

If England are going to be allowing everything to open in the middle June then I guess allowing sporting events without crowds in attendance isn't such a big deal.

I honestly haven't got any appetite for it.

I can't see me even getting anywhere near as nervous/ excited about a bluebirds match if it's behind closed doors in the middle of summer. I just can't feel the football bug taking me over again in the short term.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I honestly haven't got any appetite for it.

I can't see me even getting anywhere near as nervous/ excited about a bluebirds match if it's behind closed doors in the middle of summer. I just can't feel the football bug taking me over again in the short term.
    Same for me, although if we had something to realistically play for I might feel different. But then, not being able to be there, nah, it's not for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Same for me, although if we had something to realistically play for I might feel different. But then, not being able to be there, nah, it's not for me either.
    The only thing i'm interested to see is if Lee Tomlin comes back 4 stone over weight, didn't he get his new contract just before lockdown.......?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The only thing i'm interested to see is if Lee Tomlin comes back 4 stone over weight, didn't he get his new contract just before lockdown.......?
    He has mental health issues and is only human. Who knows what effects this may have had on him mentally and, as a result, physically.

He has mental health issues and is only human. Who knows what effects this may have had on him mentally and, as a result, physically.
    Does he? I wasn't aware of that.

I know I can't speak on behalf of City fans as a whole of course, but I wonder how many of us actually care much about the going-ons in the Premier League? I don't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know I can't speak on behalf of City fans as a whole of course, but I wonder how many of us actually care much about the going-ons in the Premier League? I don't.
    True, I didn't much care when we were in it either. Leicester winning it was a breath of fresh air, but it is overhyped turgid stuff as far as I am concerned. And, played out in front of no fans? Unappealing.

True, I didn't much care when we were in it either. Leicester winning it was a breath of fresh air, but it is overhyped turgid stuff as far as I am concerned. And, played out in front of no fans? Unappealing.
    Yes, I could have added the same sentiment - even when City were in the Premier League it held no particular additional attraction for me. I supported City when they were in the old 4th Division and everywhere else in between!

What happens if a player from either team gets tested positive does that mean both teams have to isolate for 14 days?
    If so the season will never end.