+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Toot seems to be the one that stays with people. I know blokes in their 50s and sixties who love it.
    You can have a toot with a few beers and not look off your face, but chewing your jaw off and pulling outrageous gibs on pills is not a good look in your 20s let alone 40s/50s.

I packed the sniff in after spending about £500 on flake one weekend a couple of years ago on my mates 40th birthday weekend. Along with my gambling addiction I was spending money at a rate of knots far beyond what I was earning. Id feel guilty about wasting so much on my vices that I’d go overboard, spending on the family to deny I had a problem - Nice house, Nice clothes, holidays.etc - I was spending like a man who earned 5 times what earned.

I’ve jacked it all in now and finally getting somewhere with my debt but I don’t go out much anymore because I know after a few beers I’ll just make a load of wrong decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You can have a toot with a few beers and not look off your face, but chewing your jaw off and pulling outrageous gibs on pills is not a good look in your 20s let alone 40s/50s.

I packed the sniff in after spending about £500 on flake one weekend a couple of years ago on my mates 40th birthday weekend. Along with my gambling addiction I was spending money at a rate of knots far beyond what I was earning. Id feel guilty about wasting so much on my vices that I’d go overboard, spending on the family to deny I had a problem - Nice house, Nice clothes, holidays.etc - I was spending like a man who earned 5 times what earned.

I’ve jacked it all in now and finally getting somewhere with my debt but I don’t go out much anymore because I know after a few beers I’ll just make a load of wrong decisions.
    Got married 12 years ago and I’d basically had enough of waking up and not having a clue what had happened, it was fine in the old days but inevitably there would always be ramifications. A few years later kids, going out spending £250 a night was over.....
    Don’t miss it one bit, well maybe that initial buzz you get after a few beers and that first fat line what ever I do I do it full on and now it’s being a dad and being there for them 100%. Great memories of the 90’s though, Life’s all about chapters and It was one hell of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Good man, well done. I was one of those kids on the fringe, loved it, but new my limits and when not to. Got married quite yound as well, that helped. Keep on the 'good' road mate, you'll get the reward through your kids.

What clubs/pubs in Cardiff were playing rave music?
    For me it lost a bit of the magic when nightclubs became mainstream for the scene. I never felt easy in pubs and clubs with bouncers etc. Warehouses and fields were where it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    What clubs/pubs in Cardiff were playing rave music?
    For me it lost a bit of the magic when nightclubs became mainstream for the scene. I never felt easy in pubs and clubs with bouncers etc. Warehouses and fields were where it was for me.
    A place called Valentino’s was the first I went too, it eventually became the toucan club on wombany street opp welsh club, which also had a few good nights early on before Tom toms, club metro and all that. Had the odd good night in panama joes too, huge club on queens street. Sasha played there once early 90’s it was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A place called Valentino’s was the first I went too, it eventually became the toucan club on wombany street opp welsh club, which also had a few good nights early on before Tom toms, club metro and all that. Had the odd good night in panama joes too, huge club on queens street. Sasha played there once early 90’s it was packed.
    ha ha, we used to enjoy a night out at Panama Joes, a night off so to speak, they used to do " normal nights " where people would wear shiny shoes , i used to include the sample on any dj set i did at house parties

had the 12" and loved it, not hard core dance, but a great track