+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Re: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Strawberry blotters

Somebody would always say these are double dipped Purple Ohms..

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I used to work in The old Hippo club behind the bar for a couple of years.
    That was the best job I ever had.
    I got to meet all the big name DJ's that played at the club.
    I was told to help myself to as much drink while working as i liked.
    I was in charge of the music in the chillout room which was played on a CD player through loud speakers?
    I usually had a bollocking because instead of playing chillout music I would be playing my favourite DJ's cds from down Torquay (The Brainbashers) which were more harder and louder than the main dance rooms music being played in the room next door����
    I was more off my nut than the punters I was serving behind that bar.
    Microdots were mental. Remember dropping two one night and taking a shower before I had to go to work at the Hippo fully clothed. Then suddenly thinking to myself while washing my hair, What the fooking hell am I doing!
    We remember you don’t worry, your the one that used to give change of a twenty when we all gave you a tenner.....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Micro dots. Oooof.
    Vicious things, i swear that they were more about personality, if someone was already a stress head etc. I've seen people have a right turn on those things.

You can have a toot with a few beers and not look off your face, but chewing your jaw off and pulling outrageous gibs on pills is not a good look in your 20s let alone 40s/50s.

I packed the sniff in after spending about £500 on flake one weekend a couple of years ago on my mates 40th birthday weekend. Along with my gambling addiction I was spending money at a rate of knots far beyond what I was earning. Id feel guilty about wasting so much on my vices that I’d go overboard, spending on the family to deny I had a problem - Nice house, Nice clothes, holidays.etc - I was spending like a man who earned 5 times what earned.

I’ve jacked it all in now and finally getting somewhere with my debt but I don’t go out much anymore because I know after a few beers I’ll just make a load of wrong decisions.
    Good man, well done. I was one of those kids on the fringe, loved it, but new my limits and when not to. Got married quite yound as well, that helped. Keep on the 'good' road mate, you'll get the reward through your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I used to work in The old Hippo club behind the bar for a couple of years.
    That was the best job I ever had.
    I got to meet all the big name DJ's that played at the club.
    I was told to help myself to as much drink while working as i liked.
    I was in charge of the music in the chillout room which was played on a CD player through loud speakers?
    I usually had a bollocking because instead of playing chillout music I would be playing my favourite DJ's cds from down Torquay (The Brainbashers) which were more harder and louder than the main dance rooms music being played in the room next door����
    I was more off my nut than the punters I was serving behind that bar.
    Microdots were mental. Remember dropping two one night and taking a shower before I had to go to work at the Hippo fully clothed. Then suddenly thinking to myself while washing my hair, What the fooking hell am I doing!
    Two micro dots and then go to work Legend.

What clubs/pubs in Cardiff were playing rave music?
    For me it lost a bit of the magic when nightclubs became mainstream for the scene. I never felt easy in pubs and clubs with bouncers etc. Warehouses and fields were where it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    For me it lost a bit of the magic when nightclubs became mainstream for the scene. I never felt easy in pubs and clubs with bouncers etc. Warehouses and fields were where it was for me.
    Hippo club early 90s

Emporium was alright

Had some good nights in the students uni too.

Time Flies then Lamerica were always good nights.

We always started the night in Martha's in Swansea, but I never felt at ease in there. Not sure if was a football thing. Other pubs, clubs we'd go to, were Lakota in Bristol and some gaff in Neath in a side street (can't think of the name?)
    Like I said early, I was happiest in a field or warehouse. We'd travel for hours chasing the dream. Seemed to end up in and around Oxford a lot. Up as far as Derby and Nottingham too.

Magic mushrooms were my thing

Used to laugh my ass off for hours

All this synthetic stuff naa

Hippo club early 90s

Emporium was alright

Had some good nights in the students uni too.

Time Flies then Lamerica were always good nights.
    I used to go to the ones run by that cardiff fan from neath , dave jones

Was that time flies ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Was that time flies ?
    Started off in the coal exchange, few good nights in the city hall too. Spice of life was a decent night too in the Union.

Magic mushrooms were my thing

Used to laugh my ass off for hours

All this synthetic stuff naa
    I remember the first time I did mushrooms. There were three of us, and two of us were mushroom virgins. Anyway, the seasoned veteran who was pushing 30 (we were 16 ish) brewed up a load that we'd picked earlier. We drank down this horrid brew mixed with tea and squash! Nothing happened for hours and me and my mate were beginning to think the whole thing was nonsense.
    Two hours later when we decided to go and watch the local rugby team the shrooms kicked in big time. Non stop laughter in the stand earned us some furious looks and comments from the local die hards. The buzz lasted for hours. I tried to straighten my self out and thought I'd succeeded until I walked through the door of my parents house

I remember the first time I did mushrooms. There were three of us, and two of us were mushroom virgins. Anyway, the seasoned veteran who was pushing 30 (we were 16 ish) brewed up a load that we'd picked earlier. We drank down this horrid brew mixed with tea and squash! Nothing happened for hours and me and my mate were beginning to think the whole thing was nonsense.
    Two hours later when we decided to go and watch the local rugby team the shrooms kicked in big time. Non stop laughter in the stand earned us some furious looks and comments from the local die hards. The buzz lasted for hours. I tried to straighten my self out and thought I'd succeeded until I walked through the door of my parents house
    Best experience of my young life , was never really interested in alcohol after that

Was that time flies ?
    Yeah Dave and Craig Bartlett then they fell out I believe and Craig used to run the Lamerica nights.

Think they’ve patched things up now.

A place called Valentino’s was the first I went too, it eventually became the toucan club on wombany street opp welsh club, which also had a few good nights early on before Tom toms, club metro and all that. Had the odd good night in panama joes too, huge club on queens street. Sasha played there once early 90’s it was packed.

Best experience of my young life , was never really interested in alcohol after that
    Junkie

Used to love mushrooms, used to pick loads in a field off to one side of the Garth, totally different to acid, nice and mellow with a decent energy to it. Never had a bad time on them but would stay away from the city/clubs when doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Used to love mushrooms, used to pick loads in a field off to one side of the Garth, totally different to acid, nice and mellow with a decent energy to it. Never had a bad time on them but would stay away from the city/clubs when doing them.
    Had a bad trip on my 16th birthday never touched them again.

Had a bad trip on my 16th birthday never touched them again.
    The best place I found for picking them was at the end of Swansea road where it joined the A465 just below Baverstocks. Cross the 465 jump the fence and walk about 200 metres. Filled a carrier bag within 20 minutes.

I took some at Glastonbury, 1986

Sat in the tent for an hour then went outside and did an impromptu dance around a fire for a load of bikers

They were laughing their heads off but I was totally into it

Then I came down and went back to the tent with my mates and we laughed our heads off looking up at the skies till the sun came up then went to bed

We would take them as teenagers then go hang around in a park. Town centre was a no go with all the people and bright lights. One night we decided to venture down town for kicking out time at the local nightclub and this bullying twat who was after my mate over some girl gave him a slap and my mate banged the back of his head on concrete. Last thing you need when tripping. Back of my mates head was pissing with blood but he couldn’t feel a thing. Kept asking if he was bleeding? “Nah, you’re alright”. He should have gone to the hospital really or at least gone home but he was enjoying the trip too much and not even some prick punching his head in could spoil it. :he he:

The best place I found for picking them was at the end of Swansea road where it joined the A465 just below Baverstocks. Cross the 465 jump the fence and walk about 200 metres. Filled a carrier bag within 20 minutes.
    There’s a farm near gurnos we used to get ours. Something more fulfilling about picking your own drugs instead of buying them.

There’s a farm near gurnos we used to get ours. Something more fulfilling about picking your own drugs instead of buying them.
    Not sure if this is still the law, or if it was an old wives tale in the first place? You can consume shrooms legally as long as you consume them on the field where you picked them!