+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Re: But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for E's and wizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    i was a bit more cautious, some of my mates are ****ed because they couldn't stop.
    Few of mine are still going. It’s not a good look approaching your 50s.

I'm 53 at the moment. Would I smash E and wizz into me? Yeah I would
    PS where's my slippers?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    A couple of my mates were big sellers back then. Although I felt a little uneasy about it, my feelings were more than a little masked with my free Dennis's, or Rhubarbs
    I remember going onto a a yacht in Swansea marina that belonged to a Swansea City supporter. The bile he gave out about being a SCFC supporter was magical. Needless to say, CCFC was inscribed all over the toilet doors etc by time time we left.
    Every time I went clubbing in Swansea, and I went to the Escape a lot I’d just get the most horrendous paranoia. Convince myself they knew I was a Cardiff fan and I’m going to get jumped. In reality everyone is off their coconut looking to make love not war. I don’t know why I put myself through it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Same here. Top guys who I'd never thought would still be munching it into them.

I know some of my best mates still love the sniff, knocked it on the head years ago pre kids. One of the best decisions I ever made

I'm 53 at the moment. Would I smash E and wizz into me? Yeah I would
    PS where's my slippers?

I’m 44 nearly I haven’t done a pill for about 7/8 years. They went crap compared to what they were like in their hey day. Need to take 5 of the ****ers to get the same knock of 1 back in the day. My daughter is 15 she went to some under 18s house night in the Tramshed in Cardiff a few months ago and mentioned some kid in their school wias off his face on pills and it made me shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know some of my best mates still love the sniff, knocked it on the head years ago pre kids. One of the best decisions I ever made
    Toot seems to be the one that stays with people. I know blokes in their 50s and sixties who love it.

I’m 44 nearly I haven’t done a pill for about 7/8 years. They went crap compared to what they were like in their hey day. Need to take 5 of the ****ers to get the same knock of 1 back in the day. My daughter is 15 she went to some under 18s house night in the Tramshed in Cardiff a few months ago and mentioned some kid in their school wias off his face on pills and it made me shudder.
    The thought of finishing work, all meeting up with your butties, and getting off your tits with a line of wizz by the time you reached Merthyr was wizard. A free E was like the cherry

you know some of the older llanederyn lot? Bloody millions of them back then too. Some of which are now my oldest mates. Used to travel here, there and everywhere, from st Mellons mansions, the wenault, rain dance, universe, Fantasia, diy raves, Tom toms, pulse, Martha’s, Valentino’s, Lakota, those crusty raves I can’t even recall the names of them but they were intense to disco valley in Goa.....all of the shop we were....
    did rain dance, Universe ( at newport and then just outside Bath, strange twist of fate many years later i moved down here ) fantasia
    out of all the commercial raves universe was most prob my faves, always well run and safe, saw prodigy do a set, they did 2 songs and ****ed off stage
    I used to live in tomtoms, from thursday to monday night, i then foolishly punched the ceiling in the bogs ( it was a semi accident, i jumped up and punched the air for some reason, then the tile exploded so i carried on, covered in bits of broken suspended ceiling tiles and carried on the night, it wasnt hard to find the idiot who did it, got banned for months, finally the door let me back in when i discovered god, greats night out in that place
    sampled Lakota many times, but it was always a high risk night out, as if you went on somewhere, it was always a pita to get back home

Martha's wasnt a fav of mine either, too many Jacks and always the risk of it kicking off, chatting to some girl, where you from, then the chances of it kicking off increased

the Independent raves were always great, loved them

Time flies was always one of the best nights out, craig and dave were great

had some cracking nights do the beaches around Llantwitt ( the field behind the beach was always packed ) and the industrial estate in Rhoose

never got to Goa, went to book up three times, didnt make it ended up in ibiza twice and malta the other time, Ibiza was slightly more suited to us

then of course the Hippo, big weekends, i often would get on it after work on friday and not get home till monday morning then it was time to stop, my body told me that

Half naked women, decent tunes and people, good narcotics.....21 yrs old....not a care in the world. Terrible days they were

hellish days especially when you had a big team coming to cardiff to welcome

my worse fear that mine get into the EDM scene ( as the youngsters call it now ) thankfully my oldest is really into her heathly / fitness lifestyle, so it might pass her by

A couple of my mates were big sellers back then. Although I felt a little uneasy about it, my feelings were more than a little masked with my free Dennis's, or Rhubarbs
    it was too easy to buy in bulk and spread the cost, crazy times

talking of people from that era, does anyone know if Deacon is still around ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Toot seems to be the one that stays with people. I know blokes in their 50s and sixties who love it.
    You can have a toot with a few beers and not look off your face, but chewing your jaw off and pulling outrageous gibs on pills is not a good look in your 20s let alone 40s/50s.

I packed the sniff in after spending about £500 on flake one weekend a couple of years ago on my mates 40th birthday weekend. Along with my gambling addiction I was spending money at a rate of knots far beyond what I was earning. Id feel guilty about wasting so much on my vices that I’d go overboard, spending on the family to deny I had a problem - Nice house, Nice clothes, holidays.etc - I was spending like a man who earned 5 times what earned.

I’ve jacked it all in now and finally getting somewhere with my debt but I don’t go out much anymore because I know after a few beers I’ll just make a load of wrong decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    talking of people from that era, does anyone know if Deacon is still around ? ? ?
    Still see him about, not for a while though.....finally calmed down like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my worse fear that mine get into the EDM scene ( as the youngsters call it now ) thankfully my oldest is really into her heathly / fitness lifestyle, so it might pass her by
    Madness really, how can we judge after what we got up to? In a bizarre way it all seemed safe back then. The scene in Cardiff was pretty small to start with and you’d know everyone and who you bought stuff off and they’d be in the clubs every week etc....nowadays who knows where it comes from or what’s in it. My wife worry’s a lot about this stuff.

You can have a toot with a few beers and not look off your face, but chewing your jaw off and pulling outrageous gibs on pills is not a good look in your 20s let alone 40s/50s.

I packed the sniff in after spending about £500 on flake one weekend a couple of years ago on my mates 40th birthday weekend. Along with my gambling addiction I was spending money at a rate of knots far beyond what I was earning. Id feel guilty about wasting so much on my vices that I’d go overboard, spending on the family to deny I had a problem - Nice house, Nice clothes, holidays.etc - I was spending like a man who earned 5 times what earned.

I’ve jacked it all in now and finally getting somewhere with my debt but I don’t go out much anymore because I know after a few beers I’ll just make a load of wrong decisions.
    Got married 12 years ago and I’d basically had enough of waking up and not having a clue what had happened, it was fine in the old days but inevitably there would always be ramifications. A few years later kids, going out spending £250 a night was over.....
    Don’t miss it one bit, well maybe that initial buzz you get after a few beers and that first fat line what ever I do I do it full on and now it’s being a dad and being there for them 100%. Great memories of the 90’s though, Life’s all about chapters and It was one hell of a ride.

I know Jamie Healen, Marcos Suarez, Justin Barrate, Donkey, Gary Moore, Guy, Greg of course bless him, passed away now. I went to all those parties and places on your list there.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I know Jamie Healen, Marcos Suarez, Justin Barrate, Donkey, Gary Moore, Guy, Greg of course bless him, passed away now. I went to all those parties and places on your list there.
    Where have you been lately Joe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Where have you been lately Joe ?

On the Colonels forum Maxim. More my cup of tea. How are you anyway? Well I hope. This hand washing thing is second nature for you isn't it? I often think of you telling me that you vary rarely get colds, bugs, etc when I'm doing mine. You were well ahead of the curve pal. Hope you don't find this weird by the way. Me thinking of you and our little chats as I manipulate a frothy white, rich lather of soapy, fragrant, decadent, lubricating suds into my palm.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    On the Colonels forum Maxim. More my cup of tea. How are you anyway? Well I hope. This hand washing thing is second nature for you isn't it? I often think of you telling me that you vary rarely get colds, bugs, etc when I'm doing mine. You were well ahead of the curve pal. Hope you don't find this weird by the way. Me thinking of you and our little chats as I manipulate a frothy white, rich lather of soapy, fragrant, decadent, lubricating suds into my palm.
    Im well and you got one hell of a memory to remember my ocd for washing my hands.You are missed on this board please drop by agian.Maxim

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Im well and you got one hell of a memory to remember my ocd for washing my hands.You are missed on this board please drop by agian.Maxim
    You'd think so but I'm sure these parties listed in this thread took a big chunk out of it. I'm pretty sure they did something anyway although I'm not sure what Nice one mate. Pleased to hear you're well. Look after yourself until next time

I used to work in The old Hippo club behind the bar for a couple of years.
    That was the best job I ever had.
    I got to meet all the big name DJ's that played at the club.
    I was told to help myself to as much drink while working as i liked.
    I was in charge of the music in the chillout room which was played on a CD player through loud speakers?
    I usually had a bollocking because instead of playing chillout music I would be playing my favourite DJ's cds from down Torquay (The Brainbashers) which were more harder and louder than the main dance rooms music being played in the room next door😂😂
    I was more off my nut than the punters I was serving behind that bar.
    Microdots were mental. Remember dropping two one night and taking a shower before I had to go to work at the Hippo fully clothed. Then suddenly thinking to myself while washing my hair, What the fooking hell am I doing!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I used to work in The old Hippo club behind the bar for a couple of years.
    That was the best job I ever had.
    I got to meet all the big name DJ's that played at the club.
    I was told to help myself to as much drink while working as i liked.
    I was in charge of the music in the chillout room which was played on a CD player through loud speakers?
    I usually had a bollocking because instead of playing chillout music I would be playing my favourite DJ's cds from down Torquay (The Brainbashers) which were more harder and louder than the main dance rooms music being played in the room next door😂😂
    I was more off my nut than the punters I was serving behind that bar.
    Microdots were mental. Remember dropping two one night and taking a shower before I had to go to work at the Hippo fully clothed. Then suddenly thinking to myself while washing my hair, What the fooking hell am I doing!

Micro dots. Oooof.

Got married 12 years ago and I’d basically had enough of waking up and not having a clue what had happened, it was fine in the old days but inevitably there would always be ramifications. A few years later kids, going out spending £250 a night was over.....
    Don’t miss it one bit, well maybe that initial buzz you get after a few beers and that first fat line what ever I do I do it full on and now it’s being a dad and being there for them 100%. Great memories of the 90’s though, Life’s all about chapters and It was one hell of a ride.

You’re not wrong there’s. 3 or 4 pints then that first line is as good as it gets. You’re just chasing it after that.