+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Space X / NASA launch - watch here 8:22

Space X / NASA launch - watch here 8:22

Re: Space X / NASA launch - watch here 8:22

Hope it all goes well. Imagine the feeling in your guts right now with minutes to go before lift off

the vertical landing of the boosters is so impressive, I remember when Elon first shared the idea a few years back and I thought it was a bit of a gimmick/ wishful thinking

just landed boosters in their first manned takeoff... fair play

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    the vertical landing of the boosters is so impressive, I remember when Elon first shared the idea a few years back and I thought it was a bit of a gimmick/ wishful thinking

just landed boosters in their first manned takeoff... fair play
    Video faltered so we didn’t see the booster land. One for the conspiracy theorists.

will we be able to see the capusule at all

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Hope it all goes well. Imagine the feeling in your guts right now with minutes to go before lift off
    They were calmer than me!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    will we be able to see the capusule at all
    About 10.15pm 5 mins after the space station look south west low to the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    About 10.15pm 5 mins after the space station look south west low to the horizon.
    Thanx Maxim will be out there with my bow

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Thanx Maxim will be out there with my bow
    What you going to try to shoot it with your bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    What you going to try to shoot it with your bow.
    Missed every time

Good view from up the hill tonight of the space station and SpX.

Banned

Cant be arsed to post links, but if you want to see brilliant footage, go on YouTube and type in
    "Space shuttle rocket booster view" and you will get footage from the old space shuttles getting launched with a camera, attached to either one of the solid rocket boosters, looking down to earth , all the way from take off , to shuttle separation and falling back down to ocean

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Cant be arsed to post links, but if you want to see brilliant footage, go on YouTube and type in
    "Space shuttle rocket booster view" and you will get footage from the old space shuttles getting launched with a camera, attached to either one of the solid rocket boosters, looking down to earth , all the way from take off , to shuttle separation and falling back down to ocean
    Oooooooooooo you can read my boring posts first hand now instead of some saddo cut and pasting it , you unlucky boy

i saw a rocket launch, sure it was only Atlas 5, but we were on orlando at the time and headed to KSC for the day, went to the launch viewing area closest to the pad, got out space on the bench and waited, they broadcast all the checks, then the countdown, i must admit it was a experience, then you saw takeoff and heard the sonic boom, well worth the day out, the whole of KSC is buzzing for the day, we spoke to someone at our resort who drove to the nearest beach to watch it, but you cannot beat the atmosphere in KSC on launch day