+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Member of CCFC staff tests positive in latest round of tests

Member of CCFC staff tests positive in latest round of tests

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...testing-update

Following the completion of the third round of testing for COVID-19 this week at the club’s Vale training base, a member of staff has tested positive for Coronavirus.

The staff member, who will not be named due to medical confidentiality, will now undertake a period of self-isolation in accordance with EFL and government guidelines.

Training under the principles laid out in phase one of the EFL’s return to training protocol took place as scheduled on Saturday.

Re: Member of CCFC staff tests positive in latest round of tests

this just isnt going to work out is it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    What isn't?

On the plus side the member of staff will now be self isolating and not passing the virus on.

Only one is good isnt it out of how many ?

They have all been tested three times already. Safest place for anyone is the training ground at the moment plus any positive cases without symptoms now know to isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What isn't?

On the plus side the member of staff will now be self isolating and not passing the virus on.
    you cannot play a contact sport and stay 2M away

sure that person is self isolating, but when they resume full on training, say he had it then

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the government's latest scientific advisor......

Banned

sure that person is self isolating, but when they resume full on training, say he had it then
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...testing-update

Following the completion of the third round of testing for COVID-19 this week at the club’s Vale training base, a member of staff has tested positive for Coronavirus.

The staff member, who will not be named due to medical confidentiality, will now undertake a period of self-isolation in accordance with EFL and government guidelines.

Training under the principles laid out in phase one of the EFL’s return to training protocol took place as scheduled on Saturday.
    Have they laid out rules if say half the playing squad tested positive therefore were ruled out of games.

Are you able to postpone or is it just treated as a usual injured player?

I'd have thought that they'd have been in contact with other staff members (possibly players) and, under track and trace, they'd also have to self-isolate?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the government's latest scientific advisor......
    Seems a bit harsh considering he's correct?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Seems a bit harsh considering he's correct?
    It's a statement of the blindingly obvious.

What do you reckon - should football resume or not?

If not, when? And under what circumstances?

my original post was fairly simple to understand, yet it appeared to the person i replied to it wasnt, so while it might have been blindingly obvious to you ( and i guess most others ), it might have not been to the other person

What do you reckon - should football resume or not?

If not, when? And under what circumstances?
    Whether I think football should resume or not is neither here nor there tbh.

Banned

my original post was fairly simple to understand, yet it appeared to the person i replied to it wasnt, so while it might have been blindingly obvious to you ( and i guess most others ), it might have not been to the other person
    It really wasn't very clear at all.

"You cannot play a contact sport and stay 2m away". That much is true, but what is your point with regards to the impact of one staff member testing positive?

"sure that person is self isolating, but when they resume full on training, say he had it then"

He will be self-isolating for 7 days, longer if he displays symptoms. He won't have it when they resume "full on" training.

You ain't seen many City games this season then....

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Whether I think football should resume or not is neither here nor there tbh.
    Well we’re on a football message board and I was interested in your opinion, but I guess it was too much to ask.

Is it not quite likely that someone else has caught it from this person and won’t test positive yet risking spreading it to others?

Or are they thinking they caught this before there was any interaction ? Or there haven’t been situations where people were likely to get it?

Surely there’s a chance of this a whole team getting it or spreading it during a match at some point?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is it not quite likely that someone else has caught it from this person and won’t test positive yet risking spreading it to others?

Or are they thinking they caught this before there was any interaction ? Or there haven’t been situations where people were likely to get it?

Surely there’s a chance of this a whole team getting it or spreading it during a match at some point?
    My assumption would be that anyone he has been in contact will have to self-isolate for 14 days, as per the rules.

The message here is that he is a "member" of staff - which suggests a non-playing member, which may mean there is no need for the team to isolate. Or, like you say, with social distancing in place, isolation is not necessary.

Haven’t there been cases of players testing positive too? What’s the protocol with that?

I hope it all works out but there’s a chance everything could end up postponed again.

Banned

Haven’t there been cases of players testing positive too? What’s the protocol with that?

I hope it all works out but there’s a chance everything could end up postponed again.
    Training is taking place with social distancing. Also, all players are being tested so, maybe, a negative test result implies that isolation isn't necessary (i.e. Player B of Reading is positive, all other players tested negative in the same day - therefore isolation not necessary)? However, I think it is still the case that it is unknown when tests show as positive during the infection timeline.

didn’t realise they were training like that. Be interesting if someone tests positive after a match which I assume won’t be socially distanced

Banned

didn’t realise they were training like that. Be interesting if someone tests positive after a match which I assume won’t be socially distanced
    I saw a video somewhere of Spurs training. Found it, here is the link.

That is interesting, just reading though that full contact training starts this week.

Banned

That is interesting, just reading though that full contact training starts this week.
    I was wondering if it would start at any stage.