Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I believe you’re right.

To me, the scene towards the end of Midsommar was very reminiscent of the Devil dream/rape sequence in Rosemary’s Baby. That and the Wicker Man are both in my all-time top ten, so I was always likely to enjoy Midsommer.
I preferred Midsommar to Hereditary. I thought there were too many plotholes in Hereditary and I found the ending very dissatisfying,

I'm a massive fan of the horror genre and realise that I'm in a tiny minority of people who didn't like it, but apart from Toni Collette and, to an extent, Gabriel Byrne's performances it left a lot to be desired. It had some genuinely scary moments in it though, which is quite rare these days.

Midsommar had a lot more going for it, but I felt it was possibly 30mins too long and some of the character decisions were just too ridiculous. The tension in certain scenes were great though and I think the intro was outstanding (Florence Pugh's gutteral crying almost had me in tears).

Yes it has a cult, some 'dancing around the Maypole'-style scenes, it's set predominantly in daylight, and sacrifices involving fire - but it absolutely pales in comparison to The Wicker Man in my opinion (unless we're talking about the Nic Cage version ).