+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sound Mixer advice for my karaoke system?

Sound Mixer advice for my karaoke system?

Me and the family are into doing karaoke at home and currently have a speaker claiming to be 600 Watts running to our Sony Bravia TV. We then play karaoke songs via YouTube from my phone via the square button to cast to the TV so all the sounds of both you singing and the music come through this massive speaker I've set up just for when I do the karaoke.
    Anyway, I want to go the next step up now and was interested in buying a sound mixer like one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I2J4V...exicancandy-21

Would anyone know if it would add a better sound to the speaker I already have which has Base. Treble. Mic echo already built into it?
    Which budget mixer with effects would anyone recommend? To be honest I'm looking to go second hand not new?

Re: Sound Mixer advice for my karaoke system?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Me and the family are into doing karaoke at home and currently have a speaker claiming to be 600 Watts running to our Sony Bravia TV. We then play karaoke songs via YouTube from my phone via the square button to cast to the TV so all the sounds of both you singing and the music come through this massive speaker I've set up just for when I do the karaoke.
    Anyway, I want to go the next step up now and was interested in buying a sound mixer like one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I2J4V...exicancandy-21

Would anyone know if it would add a better sound to the speaker I already have which has Base. Treble. Mic echo already built into it?
    Which budget mixer with effects would anyone recommend? To be honest I'm looking to go second hand not new?
    The one you are looking at only has 2 mic inputs, you are probably best looking for ones with 4 or more.

May be worth keeping an eye on ebay and Gumtree - a lot of small mixers don't have built in effects so you may have to be a bit patient to get a bargain.

The tele isn't going to give you a great vocal sound - do you have a decent hifi you could plug into?

Just read your post properly - doh!

If you already have a massive speaker, then stick with your original plan but find something with more than 2 mic inputs.

Mare!

International

Ask the neighbours what they'd like you to get. sound quality is everything.

I ended up buying this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184304501355

Only ever use one mic. Never two mics and most definitely never ever 4. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ask the neighbours what they'd like you to get. sound quality is everything.
    It's only about once a month they'll have to put up with it. 😂😂😂