+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where are you getting your news?! It was on non stop, we even had the british far right start wear the same vests after it
    Like I said on Ruptly at the time as there was no coverage at the time on MSM

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    a) The Gilet Jaune protests were very well covered, please see this link as a breakdown of just some of the times they were featured in reports, with links to clips https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-vest-protests

b) As you've said, the Black Lives Matter protests have been going on for 5 days, if you think they'll still be getting the same amount of coverage as they are now if they're still going on in a month then you've got a very poor understanding of how news cycles work, especially when it comes to things that happen outside of this country. Add to that they're mostly happening in the country we're culturally closest to and it doesn't really take anyone who's not a complete idiot to understand why it's leading the news at the moment.

c) I'll tell you what is strange "innit", you've literally made something up - "virtually no TV coverage" - just so you can be negative about the BLM protests. But rather than saying that you don't like seeing those black people protest because you know that's not really a good look for you, you've tried to be clever and gone "yeah but what about this, isn't that interesting, I wonder why that is hmmm ehhhh?."

d) Don't ever try to be clever again, it's gone awfully for you.
    I have not been negative about BLM at all. For your information I am of ethnic background myself. So not trying to be clever at all. Both events were/are just causes, just saying there is disparity in coverage. Don't try and put words in other peoples mouths it's not a good look for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    I have not been negative about BLM at all. For your information I am of ethnic background myself. So not trying to be clever at all. Both events were/are just causes, just saying there is disparity in coverage. Don't try and put words in other peoples mouths it's not a good look for you.
    Well if you weren't being negative you were just making stuff up for no reason then. I suppose that's better

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well if you weren't being negative you were just making stuff up for no reason then. I suppose that's better
    That's a poor attempt at trying to be a clever kent, just making yourself look like an ignorant pwick.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    That's a poor attempt at trying to be a clever kent, just making yourself look like an ignorant pwick.
    Ok mate, carry on

Noticed some horrific footage of violence in Ireland apparently to do with BLM, yet the press aren't covering it, I wonder why not ?, I notice posters on social media are pondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Noticed some horrific footage of violence in Ireland apparently to do with BLM, yet the press aren't covering it, I wonder why not ?, I notice posters on social media are pondering the same thing.
    Obviously I don't know what you're referring to, but are you sure it's genuine? There's a lot of old footage that is mislabelled and then does the rounds on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Obviously I don't know what you're referring to, but are you sure it's genuine? There's a lot of old footage that is mislabelled and then does the rounds on social media.
    Worse than America (i know they have had deaths in America but in my book this is the worst violence I've seen, so bad people would not repost it).
    It seems like the Irish press aren't really covering it from comments, I can only think the Irish press don't want to cover it incase it encourages a race war or something (everything points to it being up to date and not fake).

Worse than America (i know they have had deaths in America but in my book this is the worst violence I've seen, so bad people would not repost it).
    It seems like the Irish press aren't really covering it from comments, I can only think the Irish press don't want to cover it incase it encourages a race war or something (everything points to it being up to date and not fake).
    Well that's interesting, that a news story which has unbelievably been bigger for the last week than even covid-19 and there's a country which is suffering incredibly badly that is actually joined on to the UK, and yet the only sniff that I've heard of about this is trampie09 who swears by it.

Can you provide a link, or has it all been mysteriously removed from the internet already so as not to inflame things more?

Well that's interesting, that a news story which has unbelievably been bigger for the last week than even covid-19 and there's a country which is suffering incredibly badly that is actually joined on to the UK, and yet the only sniff that I've heard of about this is trampie09 who swears by it.

Can you provide a link, or has it all been mysteriously removed from the internet already so as not to inflame things more?
    Just put in 'Irish boy stabbed' on twitter, it's horrific, the first thing I seen now looking for you is they have fuzzed out the boys face, that wasn't the case when I seen it yesterday it was covered in blood, lots of comments about the press not covering what was going on, that is only 1 instance, there was apparently 3 seperate incidents and 2 videos, the other video is a hell of a 'kicking', the language used is not good, slaves and all that I'm not revisiting either.

Just put in 'Irish boy stabbed' on twitter, it's horrific, the first thing I seen now looking for you is they have fuzzed out the boys face, that wasn't the case when I seen it yesterday it was covered in blood, lots of comments about the press not covering what was going on, that is only 1 instance, there was apparently 3 seperate incidents and 2 videos, the other video is a hell of a 'kicking', the language used is not good, slaves and all that I'm not revisiting either.
    This one?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...t-1003815.html

Possibly, but it's a job to know from that as it's not really a report as such, just the Irish police asking for witnesses and any dash cam evidence to come forward and there has been more than one incident so who knows.

Possibly, but it's a job to know from that as it's not really a report as such, just the Irish police asking for witnesses and any dash cam evidence to come forward and there has been more than one incident so who knows.
    Well I hope it's put your mind at rest that such instances are getting reported in the press.

Well I hope it's put your mind at rest that such instances are getting reported in the press.
    Well you had not heard about it, I only heard about it off social media and there are loads and loads of comments on social media about a lack of reporting about these particular Irish incidents by the main stream media.
    I'm glad I can enlighten you to what is going on as you was clearly ignorant.

Well you had not heard about, I only heard about it off social media and there are loads and loads of comments on social media about a lack of reporting about these particular Irish incidents by the main stream media.
    I'm glad I can enlighten you to what is going on as you was clearly ignorant.
    No I hadn't heard about it. Is that significant? I bet there's at least one or two other stories published in the press in the English speaking world that I also haven't heard about.

"It seems like the Irish press aren't really covering it from comments"

It seems like they are and maybe social media comments are not the best thing to go by

No I hadn't heard about it. Is that significant? I bet there's at least one or two other stories published in the press in the English speaking world that I also haven't heard about.

"It seems like the Irish press aren't really covering it from comments"

It seems like they are and maybe social media comments are not the best thing to go by
    Yes it is significant as it shows it was not getting reported to the levels it merited, there has been a few separate instances, if somebody can wade through what's genuine and what's fake, social media can be a good way to get news as the main broadcasters often have an agenda, look at the state broadcaster in Blighty for instance, pro Conservative, pro Israel, anti EU, pro Unionist, pro Monarchy, pro business over trade unions (don't take my word for it Welsh experts looked into them a few years ago and that is what they found, it was obvious and predictable to me but not to many as they have had the wool pulled over their eyes).

Yes it is significant as it shows it was not getting reported to the levels it merited, there has been a few separate instances, if somebody can wade through what's genuine and what's fake, social media can be a good way to get news as the main broadcasters often have an agenda, look at the state broadcaster in Blighty for instance, pro Conservative, pro Israel, anti EU, pro Unionist, pro Monarchy, pro business over trade unions (don't take my word for it Welsh experts looked into them a few years ago and that is what they found, it was obvious and predictable to me but not to many as they have had the wool pulled over their eyes).
    It's not significant as I'm not a social media barometer, although it is truly lovely of you to think that. Thank you.

It's not significant as I'm not a social media barometer, although it is truly lovely of you to think that. Thank you.
    People that rely on the main stream media are easily manipulated by the main stream media.

People that rely on the main stream media are easily manipulated by the main stream media.
    Why do you think it's significant that I hadn't heard of this particular story? There is a lot of stuff on social media. It would be pretty impossible to be on top of everything. I don't really follow the type of person who would retweet a video of a guy getting stabbed, and if I did I wouldn't watch it.

Anyway this story is now safely in the public domain, thanks to both social media (and your own good work) and the old school newspaper - even at the risk of starting a race war. I'm sure before long we will all be in agreement that Ireland has the worst violence.

Why do you think it's significant that I hadn't heard of this particular story? There is a lot of stuff on social media. It would be pretty impossible to be on top of everything. I don't really follow the type of person who would retweet a video of a guy getting stabbed, and if I did I wouldn't watch it.

Anyway this story is now safely in the public domain, thanks to both social media (and your own good work) and the old school newspaper - even at the risk of starting a race war. I'm sure before long we will all be in agreement that Ireland has the worst violence.
    Censorship is bad for democracy.

Censorship is bad for democracy.
    Censorship

You found videos on twitter, I found it on a news website, we're talking about it here.

Censorship

Censorship

You found videos on twitter, I found it on a news website, we're talking about it here.

Censorship
    You only know about it because of me, no other reason, judging by the tone of your posts I don't think you believed me about the stories.

You only know about it because of me, no other reason, judging by the tone of your posts I don't think you believed me about the stories.
    That's not censorship.

And no, of course not. If I told you that Malta had worse violence than the US, would you believe me?

Heisenberg

Censorship

Censorship
    Most stabbings in Cardiff only get reported in the local media but trampie thinks a non-fatal stabbing in Cork not being on the BBC is censorship... ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Most stabbings in Cardiff only get reported in the local media but trampie thinks a non-fatal stabbing in Cork not being on the BBC is censorship... ok then.
    Are most stabbings in Cardiff potentially race related then ?, BBC is a different country.