Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
Many people would be surprised to hear there were 1900 injuries during the french protests including 24 eyes lost and five hands removed among other horrific injuries and even some deaths although there is some argument whether those deaths were directly attributed to the protests. I guess what I'm trying to say is that by comparison there is a huge disparity in TV coverage between the American and French protests and I am posing the question why that would be the case? Makes no sense to me. Which is why I now prefer to do my own research rather than watch distorted TV coverage.
Yes it's a very good question, I think the right wing run most Governments across the World, the media are mainly on the right and it doesn't sit well to have populist riots in a right wing country, unless the rioters are left wing then that could be spun that the rioters are baddies or if the rioters are protesting against a left wing Government then that can be protrayed as the rioters are persecuted.
In America the rioters in the main are being protrayed as left wing (apparently there are right wing agitators in the mix causing trouble) so it's getting reported.