+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other Clubs You've Got A Soft Spot For.

Re: Other Clubs You've Got A Soft Spot For.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Your lot causing trouble again I think the assistant manager is Martyn Giles who was a young pro
    I thought he was with Penybont.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I thought he was with Penybont.
    Yup, it's Llantwit v Penybont from a season or two ago, the bloke who can't stay on his feet is with llantwit-i presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, it's Llantwit v Penybont from a season or two ago, the bloke who can't stay on his feet is with llantwit-i presume.
    Ah my apologies, I didn't watch the video

Re the OP. Used to like wist em when I was a kid but no more.
    Liked Villa in the late 80's Tony Morley Garry Shaw et al but no more.

Watford, family reasons .

Arsenal for me. My grandfather was a blacksmith by profession and was actually a blacksmith at the Woolwich Arsenal. He saw Arsenal play when they were called Woolwich Arsenal and played in Plumstead in South East London before they moved north. He was a great character and full of interesting stories.

Only my local club Cheltenham Town. Go to games now and again with friends who are fans. No comparison to watching the City but a keep an eye open for their results.

My local team too in Cheltenham Town plus Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Borussia MonchenGladbach

I always look out for Pompeys result after three great years down there as a student in the early 80s. I had a brief spell after the cup final where I wished them Ill fortune, but now I wish them well. Fratton Park was very similar to Ninian.

I try and go and watch Merthyr at least a few times a season, and sticking with non league I always enjoyed watching Worcester City when my daughter lived up there.

AFC Wimbledon.

No one really but through the 90’s and 00’s I always felt for Man City fans, having to share a city with Man Utd must have been a nightmare so always wanted them to do well. Suffice to say I don’t really feel sorry for them anymore.... I hope they win the champions league and that’s about it.

Norwich for me, having been to university there. Would love them to perform the great escape this season but cant see it unfortunately.

Juventus. Bought a knock off Juve kit from someone who'd been to Italy when I was 15 and have consistently bought knock off Juve kits since. My girlfriend bought me my first real one last year so I've currently got 2 knock off and 1 real

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I always look out for Pompeys result after three great years down there as a student in the early 80s. I had a brief spell after the cup final where I wished them Ill fortune, but now I wish them well. Fratton Park was very similar to Ninian.

I try and go and watch Merthyr at least a few times a season, and sticking with non league I always enjoyed watching Worcester City when my daughter lived up there.
    Ditto on Pompey for almost exactly the same reasons.. I was a student there from 82-85.. Fratton Park was a great place to watch a game back then. I lived in Milton, North End, Southsea and Bateson Halls of Residence in my time there.

In 83 we both got promoted... We played them towards the end of the season and drew 0-0. I remember the team bus driving through the street that day and Bob Hatton in particular waving at us as they went past. Was also the day that city fans dismantled the clock at the back of the Milton End.

That season was also the season Newport looked like they’d go up - they beat us 1-0 at Somerton and looked certainties but fell away... they never got close again

Queen of the South,I no not why.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Juventus. Bought a knock off Juve kit from someone who'd been to Italy when I was 15 and have consistently bought knock off Juve kits since. My girlfriend bought me my first real one last year so I've currently got 2 knock off and 1 real
    Madrid, Sociedad or Zaragoza?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No one really but through the 90’s and 00’s I always felt for Man City fans, having to share a city with Man Utd must have been a nightmare so always wanted them to do well. Suffice to say I don’t really feel sorry for them anymore.... I hope they win the champions league and that’s about it.
    Yep, Man City for me, family connections but the shite they had to bear for years on their own doorstep seemed to make their support stronger, which I admired. Now it’s like a decent, ‘same as you’ type family winning the lottery yet staying down to earth ( their long standing fans anyway).

Forest Green Rovers.

Anyone beating Weeds

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yep, Man City for me, family connections but the shite they had to bear for years on their own doorstep seemed to make their support stronger, which I admired. Now it’s like a decent, ‘same as you’ type family winning the lottery yet staying down to earth ( their long standing fans anyway).
    Think they got relegated to league 1 the same time as utd win the champions league In Barcelona....can you imagine if that happened with Swansea and we dint even have to share a city with them, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Ditto on Pompey for almost exactly the same reasons.. I was a student there from 82-85.. Fratton Park was a great place to watch a game back then. I lived in Milton, North End, Southsea and Bateson Halls of Residence in my time there.

In 83 we both got promoted... We played them towards the end of the season and drew 0-0. I remember the team bus driving through the street that day and Bob Hatton in particular waving at us as they went past. Was also the day that city fans dismantled the clock at the back of the Milton End.

That season was also the season Newport looked like they’d go up - they beat us 1-0 at Somerton and looked certainties but fell away... they never got close again
    Exact same 3 years as I was there. First year I was in QEQM Hall and next two years in Southsea. All 3 City games down there were great days with the clock game going down in history. I panicked after that game though when the police marched us all back to Fratton Railway station, to stick us on the train. They wouldn't belief me that I lived there. I had to give them my full evening itinerary of where I was going on the piss before they'd believe me. Nell Gwynn, Bold Forester, The apsly, Cambridge, Owens, The Parade. They all got a visit that night!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think they got relegated to league 1 the same time as utd win the champions league In Barcelona....can you imagine if that happened with Swansea and we dint even have to share a city with them, thank god.
    And get 25/30 thousand crowds in the third tier.

Jacobs raison

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Queen of the South,I no not why.
    The only football club mentioned in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My local team too in Cheltenham Town plus Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Borussia MonchenGladbach
    YJB.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Madrid, Sociedad or Zaragoza?
    Took me a minute that