+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds coming to Cardiff

Leeds coming to Cardiff

What a nightmare resumption for them.
    I am sure their fans will be expecting the worst in the capital.
    I hope it is televised. 😀

Re: Leeds coming to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I think there’s a good chance there will be a way to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So do I. I hope fans, both us and Leeds, don’t try to travel to the stadium though

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    So do I. I hope fans, both us and Leeds, don’t try to travel to the stadium though
    Leeds fans are planning to Socially Distance on Together apparently

I’m applying to be a ball boy

Shirley they’ll need plenty in the stands. ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Will Mark Drakeford allow it ???

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Are there enough trains and buses from Merthyr for all of them ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Will Mark Drakeford allow it ???
    F*cking grow a pair and take control of the remote, tell him to watch Pobol Y Cwm upstairs!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m applying to be a ball boy

Shirley they’ll need plenty in the stands. ?
    I was genuinely hoping for this early on to keep my run going; but have all but given up on it now!

Either that or I could be chief hand sanitiser distributor.

I'm going with the angle that if they don't issue tickets; then it can't count to breaking my run. That's a fair shout, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I was genuinely hoping for this early on to keep my run going; but have all but given up on it now!

Either that or I could be chief hand sanitiser distributor.

I'm going with the angle that if they don't issue tickets; then it can't count to breaking my run. That's a fair shout, right?!
    Yeah that’s fair enough, how long is the run?

Yeah that’s fair enough, how long is the run?
    https://www.11v11.com/matches/walsal...st-2003-16378/

Was the last one I missed

You missed Alexander saving a penalty. Now I've worked out who was his curse!

Funny how this game crops up from time to time in general chat.

Jesus 17 years, you’ll enjoy the break I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You missed Alexander saving a penalty. Now I've worked out who was his curse!

Funny how this game crops up from time to time in general chat.
    Fair point

It doesn't actually feel that long ago; then I see John Robinson and Paul Merson in the starting line-ups.

Jesus 17 years, you’ll enjoy the break I’m sure
    As I said.. facepalm. !

The closest I came to missing a game was this season. Our puppy decided to eat a sock the day before Leeds away; ended up at the emergency vets. I don't drive and we didnt get back from the vets until 10.30am. They kept the dog in and missus ushered me away to go and get the train. Got the 10.45 train our of Cardiff. 3 trains later and an uber from Wakefield I got to the ground 5 minutes after kick off just as Leeds made it 2-0. .

Jesus bet you wished your dog was well so you could have give it a kick

Fair point

It doesn't actually feel that long ago; then I see John Robinson and Paul Merson in the starting line-ups.

As I said.. facepalm. !

The closest I came to missing a game was this season. Our puppy decided to eat a sock the day before Leeds away; ended up at the emergency vets. I don't drive and we didnt get back from the vets until 10.30am. They kept the dog in and missus ushered me away to go and get the train. Got the 10.45 train our of Cardiff. 3 trains later and an uber from Wakefield I got to the ground 5 minutes after kick off just as Leeds made it 2-0. .
    3-1 to us then

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    3-1 to us then
    We're level on points at 6th in the table according to my records

holy shit

And if they don't distribute tickets it absolutely doesn't count

Shopping at Lidl or Aldi could be popular if we play at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Shopping at Lidl or Aldi could be popular if we play at the CCS.
    Reminds me of the time I was skulking around Asda next door to Molineux when poxy Moxey banned us. I laugh looking back at it, but I was so insistent that I was going to get caught if I didn't think outside the box that I travelled up the night before, stayed in some village just outside of Shrewsbury; and got a local bus service to the game .

They had made all people pick up their tickets on the day of the game with local ID; so getting a ticket was near impossible. So I was wandering around Asda with a wad of cash trying to entice someone .

Ended up still not getting a ticket and almost giving up to the point of walking away from the ground. Having a brief moment of brillance and remembering I had a ticket in my wallet that I had bought a few weeks earlier for Wolves v Oldham in the cup to try and get onto their database. I used that ticket to get past the stewards and then gave the kid on the turnstile some cash. Jason Byrne banged in an 89th minute winner!

Reminds me of the time I was skulking around Asda next door to Molineux when poxy Moxey banned us. I laugh looking back at it, but I was so insistent that I was going to get caught if I didn't think outside the box that I travelled up the night before, stayed in some village just outside of Shrewsbury; and got a local bus service to the game .

They had made all people pick up their tickets on the day of the game with local ID; so getting a ticket was near impossible. So I was wandering around Asda with a wad of cash trying to entice someone .

Ended up still not getting a ticket and almost giving up to the point of walking away from the ground. Having a brief moment of brillance and remembering I had a ticket in my wallet that I had bought a few weeks earlier for Wolves v Oldham in the cup to try and get onto their database. I used that ticket to get past the stewards and then gave the kid on the turnstile some cash. Jason Byrne banged in an 89th minute winner!

I hope you remember what happened to PINOCCHIO

I hope you remember what happened to PINOCCHIO
    100% as it happened albeit years ago so minor details might be wrong. I'm pretty sure I posted some photos on here at the time. John Cross was with me for the local bus ride after getting off the train at Wellington. We were outside the ticket office early doors and as he's quite noticeable so we agreed to split. He got moved on twice by the police, though did see a few minutes of the game through the gates. Not quite sure why I thought I'd score a ticket in Asda mind, the only benefit was I didn't get picked up by the police in there. Bumped into Ledley's Mum and Dad who tried to help; but they'd had comps off a welsh player who was playing for Wolves at time; as Wolves wouldn't even give us the usual player allocation.

I'd even bought a Wolves bobble hat .

100% as it happened albeit years ago so minor details might be wrong. I'm pretty sure I posted some photos on here at the time. John Cross was with me for the local bus ride after getting off the train at Wellington. We were outside the ticket office early doors and as he's quite noticeable so we agreed to split. He got moved on twice by the police, though did see a few minutes of the game through the gates. Not quite sure why I thought I'd score a ticket in Asda mind, the only benefit was I didn't get picked up by the police in there. Bumped into Ledley's Mum and Dad who tried to help; but they'd had comps off a welsh player who was playing for Wolves at time; as Wolves wouldn't even give us the usual player allocation.

I'd even bought a Wolves bobble hat .
    If you’re going to admit to that, we gotta believe you

I seem to remember, our great friend, Dr Pop (Mark) got in .
    These banned games all melt into one, at my age though

If you’re going to admit to that, we gotta believe you

I seem to remember, our great friend, Dr Pop (Mark) got in .
    These banned games all melt into one, at my age though
    I think TVB might've been there to. I know Eric B managed it.

I think TVB might've been there to. I know Eric Bmanaged it.

Eric, would get inside a can of Heinz Beans, if Cardiff City were playing there

I took him, Jonnie Cross and two others to North Wales one Tuesday night (that silly Welsh cup thingy), as they were going to pay about £90 each to get there.

Just remembered, Nugent was with us (when he was still Graham )

Bangor I think