+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine, Reid and Zohore.

Madine, Reid and Zohore.

Mehmet Dalman's opinion on the three transfers - he's completely wrong about the game which transformed Zohore (we were 1-0 down at half time and won 2-1), but I'd agree with him that £8 million was pretty good business. As for Reid, I think it reflects badly on our then manager that it took him a year to decide that a player he had signed did not suit his style of play, but, again, the fee we got for him made it a good deal for the club and, as far as Madine is concerned, he's defending the indefensible!;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-18349612

Re: Madine, Reid and Zohore.

As usual when he's talking about our transfer policy, his explanations provoke more questions. How many other players has Ken Choo spotted? Is he a scout as well all his other jobs? Seems like MD is looking for excuses with regards to Madine and Reid.

I assume this article emanates from the Youtube link posted in this thread yesterday

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-hour-to-spare

His defence of the Madine signing is unconvincing although he clearly states that Madine was Warnock's choice

Heisenberg

He sounds like DML.

Well that’s a contradiction on Reid. Thought Warnock said he wanted to build a team around him? Of course that’s bollocks but so was the majority of things Warnock come out with when playing the fans for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well that’s a contradiction on Reid. Thought Warnock said he wanted to build a team around him? Of course that’s bollocks but so was the majority of things Warnock come out with when playing the fans for fools.
    But isn't that the norm as they call it managers speak , let's be fair a lot of managers are not the sharpest tools in the box , they fire from the hip when asked questions , even the best of them talk drivel .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    As usual when he's talking about our transfer policy, his explanations provoke more questions. How many other players has Ken Choo spotted? Is he a scout as well all his other jobs? Seems like MD is looking for excuses with regards to Madine and Reid.
    To be fair Choo is said to have signed Zohore and Warnock signs Madine, we paid £700k and £5m respectively. When they were sold we got £8m and zero. Looks like Choo wins.

I always though we paid about £1m for Zohore but Dalman has cleared that up.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So will this let Decordova-Reid off with haters, then? Who could blame him for wanting to go if he’d been told we were in for a season of DinoBall?

Don't forget that we paid Reid a year's worth of EPL wages. How much is that? £2M? For me, the signing was a complete failure. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mehmet Dalman's opinion on the three transfers - he's completely wrong about the game which transformed Zohore (we were 1-0 down at half time and won 2-1), but I'd agree with him that £8 million was pretty good business. As for Reid, I think it reflects badly on our then manager that it took him a year to decide that a player he had signed did not suit his style of play, but, again, the fee we got for him made it a good deal for the club and, as far as Madine is concerned, he's defending the indefensible!;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-18349612
    TOBW, has any other City striker not scored after playing 26 games? If so, how much did they cost and when?