+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit trade deals

Banned

Re: Brexit trade deals

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you have been told by someone else you have options on that, just dont log on, but that would mean you missing out on all this attention bless your little cotton socks
    Is this your official response to my concerns?

Banned

And, with that, he disappears.

This shows how biased people are, Matt is a vegetarian because he worries about animal welfare.

But because he voted brexit he’s now arguing that this isn’t bad.

Why can’t people realise things aren’t black and white and you can still criticise things even if you voted for them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This shows how biased people are, Matt is a vegetarian because he worries about animal welfare.

Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How do you know that the Americans won't insist on not labelling it that way? We won't have to adhere to the EU Labelling laws and regulations post Brexit. There will be new labelling guidelines.
    Doesn't the FSA have some UK input into how food is labelled?

none, but it shows that it is possible for the UK to label food so the end consumer can made decisions
    Indeed. The likelihood, as it is now, is that people will choose the cheapest option. The whole 'buy British' mantra is a dead duck from the start, most people don't care where their food comes from as long as it's cheap.

Cheaper meat imports are bad news for British farmers.

The*chicken is*not “washed in*chlorine” it*is*chilled in water containing sodium hypochlorite or calcium hypochlorite at 20–50 ppm (That*is*parts per million). Tap water that*is chlorinated*for safety can be as high a 4 ppm. ...*

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The*chicken is*not “washed in*chlorine” it*is*chilled in water containing sodium hypochlorite or calcium hypochlorite at 20–50 ppm (That*is*parts per million). Tap water that*is chlorinated*for safety can be as high a 4 ppm. ...*
    https://www.soilassociation.org/our-...nated-chicken/

none, but it shows that it is possible for the UK to label food so the end consumer can made decisions
    Yes and your daughters can choose whether they use cosmetics with all sorts of potentially harmful ingredients in, as long as they read the label that is.

If Brexit causes us to go from a country with high public health and environmental standards and specifications to one with regulations as relaxed as America then that will be shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Why can’t people realise things aren’t black and white and you can still criticise things even if you voted for them.
    I have never said this isnt bad, i have said people will have a choice, UK chickens will be labelled as such and people will choose what they want to eat, just like they do eggs

Personally i dont want to see any animals killed for food, but thats another argument

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. The likelihood, as it is now, is that people will choose the cheapest option. The whole 'buy British' mantra is a dead duck from the start, most people don't care where their food comes from as long as it's cheap.

Cheaper meat imports are bad news for British farmers.
    I disagree with that. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination but meat is one of the things I do not by based on its cheapness. I never by pre-packed meat unless nothing else is available. I always buy it fresh, including my chicken. I only use large free range eggs.
    As for take-aways I live in Llandaff and the local curry house does take-aways. I love chicken rogan josh but I won't buy it there because the use cubes of reconstituted chicken. I buy my rogan at the Fairwater Tandoori because they use proper pieces of chicken that is recognisable as chicken, sometimes it even has bones in it.
    There are a lot of people who still use traditional butchers (some even drive to Brecon to do it) and the extra cost is worth it because if you are paying that much for something anyway the extra couple of bob are worth it.

This following news may shock you but - takeaways are not regulated to a degree that ensures that they actually comply with their boasts.

A local Chinese takeaway that I once used made similar boasts about free range eggs but were found to be lying.
    My local curry house/takeaway has a testimonial/recommendation printed on his car from Rod Stewart!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I disagree with that. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination but meat is one of the things I do not by based on its cheapness. I never by pre-packed meat unless nothing else is available. I always buy it fresh, including my chicken. I only use large free range eggs.
    As for take-aways I live in Llandaff and the local curry house does take-aways. I love chicken rogan josh but I won't buy it there because the use cubes of reconstituted chicken. I buy my rogan at the Fairwater Tandoori because they use proper pieces of chicken that is recognisable as chicken, sometimes it even has bones in it.
    There are a lot of people who still use traditional butchers (some even drive to Brecon to do it) and the extra cost is worth it because if you are paying that much for something anyway the extra couple of bob are worth it.
    Come on, most people buy everything in supermarkets. I reckon if you had one fridge with British chicken at £4 for a large chicken, and in the next fridge, large chickens with no information on them at £3, most people would buy the £3 ones.

My experience of supermarket meat buying during the lockdown is that essentials or the best things get bought first.

I have two decent meat stalls in my local market and I buy things from them occasionally. Paying the extra is worth it for me. A third similar stall closed down last year as there wasn't the business.

In your argument all you kept saying was what you do. I'm looking at what I see lots of other people doing.

I have never said this isnt bad, i have said people will have a choice, UK chickens will be labelled as such and people will choose what they want to eat, just like they do eggs
    Naive

International

Come on, most people buy everything in supermarkets. I reckon if you had one fridge with British chicken at £4 for a large chicken, and in the next fridge, large chickens with no information on them at £3, most people would buy the £3 ones.

My experience of supermarket meat buying during the lockdown is that essentials or the best things get bought first.

I have two decent meat stalls in my local market and I buy things from them occasionally. Paying the extra is worth it for me. A third similar stall closed down last year as there wasn't the business.

In your argument all you kept saying was what you do. I'm looking at what I see lots of other people doing.
    I can only say what I do, what else would you expect me to say? Like you I use butchers, (so you're agreeing with me there) and don't buy my meat in supermarkets or prewrapped, and that includes burgers. And while I'm using those butchers I see lots of other people using them too, that's why they still exist.
    You say you look at what you see lots of other people doing and then offer only an opinon on the £3 or £4 chicken.
    But I think if I said the sun was hot you'd argue about the temprature.

Banned

The fact you can do that is great, but it also shows you are in fact rich in comparison to some who cannot exercise that choice. They're also the same people who cannot resign out of principle. I'd say you are fairly privileged in comparison.

Banned

I can only say what I do, what else would you expect me to say?
    That is fine, but it is wrong to then assume that no-one will buy meat based purely on price.

International

The fact you can do that is great, but it also shows you are in fact rich in comparison to some who cannot exercise that choice. They're also the same people who cannot resign out of principle. I'd say you are fairly privileged in comparison.

International

That is fine, but it is wrong to then assume that no-one will buy meat based purely on price.

Banned

Everytime he does that wavy thing, I just assume that he has no reply.

International

Everytime he does that wavy thing, I just assume that he has no reply.

Just proves once again how dismissive you are of people outside of your bubble.

Banned

He thinks he is proving a point, but the point he is proving is different to the one he is making.

He thinks he is proving a point, but the point he is proving is different to the one he is making.
    Yes, and what's new?

International

And hoe dismissive you are of anyone that seeks to question your opinions. It works both ways, what you said you do broadly agreed with what I said I do but you still had to couch it antagonistically.