Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Taking back control
    Raising standards.

Re: Brexit trade deals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...inated-chicken

tbf..Judging by his photo you can see the damage it might do

I guess people could choose not to eat that chicken

we will see UK bred chickens labelled as such and people will have a choice to buy US or UK chicken, alot like we do with free range eggs

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

we will see UK bred chickens labelled as such and people will have a choice to buy US or UK chicken, alot like we do with free range eggs
    In processed food and takeaways. Really??

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In processed food and takeaways. Really??
    my local Chinese advertises that it uses free range eggs and no GMO ingredients

my local Thai food place advertises it uses no GMO ingredients

one of the kebab / pizza places in town has on the window that all meat is not Halal

Mr Kiplings cakes and cake bars say they only use free range eggs

so hardly unheard of that they label food, we can make a choice

if you dont want to run the risk of eating that chicken, dont eat chicken

Banned

Do you know why they chlorinate the chicken? It is because they are bred in such awful conditions where hygiene is low, and animal welfare is crap.

Do you know if this will appear on labels?

Do you know if British farmers will have to take less care of their chickens in order to compete with the cheap American imports.

Think about it (I presume you can actually think - although your lack of response to my question about cookies suggests otherwise, clock is ticking on that one). How could it ever be economically feasible that importing chicken from 2,000 miles away is viable?

one of the kebab / pizza places in town has on the window that all meat is not Halal

Which of these tells you where their chicken comes from?

We have an ArchDuke of Brexit as a British Minister of State explicitly stating that the UK will not lower its standards and will only raise them in relation to a US Trade deal and now we have the Prime Minister's Office saying totally the opposite. Still we hold all the cards eh!

Banned

This following news may shock you but - takeaways are not regulated to a degree that ensures that they actually comply with their boasts.

A local Chinese takeaway that I once used made similar boasts about free range eggs but were found to be lying.

Banned

This trade deal is important for America, they need our rubber bullets so they can shoot news journalists. They need our tear gas, BRITISH Tear gas, it's the best in the world for dispersing peacful protests.

Which of these tells you where their chicken comes from?

We have an ArchDuke of Brexit as a British Minister of State explicitly stating that the UK will not lower its standards and will only raise them in relation to a US Trade deal and now we have the Prime Minister's Office saying totally the opposite. Still we hold all the cards eh!
    none, but it shows that it is possible for the UK to label food so the end consumer can made decisions

Banned

none, but it shows that it is possible for the UK to label food so the end consumer can made decisions
    How do you know that the Americans won't insist on not labelling it that way? We won't have to adhere to the EU Labelling laws and regulations post Brexit. There will be new labelling guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    This following news may shock you but - takeaways are not regulated to a degree that ensures that they actually comply with their boasts.

A local Chinese takeaway that I once used made similar boasts about free range eggs but were found to be lying.
    my youngest daughter went to primary school with one of the sons of my local Chinese, they do use free range eggs

This might shock you, you have options, if you dont want to run the risk, do not eat takeaways, job done

Banned

my youngest daughter went to primary school with one of the sons of my local Chinese, they do use free range eggs

This might shock you, you have options, if you dont want to run the risk, do not eat takeaways, job done
    Was it brought up before or after the colouring in lesson? Plus, I remember your gun story - which was also a load of bollocks, so excuse me if I don't take everything you say as factual.

How do you know that the Americans won't insist on not labelling it that way? We won't have to adhere to the EU Labelling laws and regulations post Brexit. There will be new labelling guidelines.
    we dont know what the Americans will insist on, so your point is rather moot

Was it brought up before or after the colouring in lesson? Plus, I remember your gun story - which was also a load of bollocks, so excuse me if I don't take everything you say as factual.
    I couldnt care if you take anything i say as factual, i really couldnt

It's almost like the people who brought us Brexit rebelling against the institutions who put labels on everything and told us how bendy our bananas should be are going to start putting labels on everything and saying how chlorinated our chicken is.

Banned

we dont know what the Americans will insist on, so your point is rather moot
    It isn't, really, considering how the Americans have insisted on the absence of detail in labelling in other trade deals.

However, whilst you are concentrating on chlorinated chicken, may I also bring to your limited attention span other foodstuffs that could potentially flood the UK market - forcing our own farmers either out of business, or to lower their own standards to compete.

Meat from animals fed steroids, hormones and antibiotics (the rise of antibiotic use in farming is a cause of some bacteria starting to show resistance to all but the strongest of anti-biotics. We don't really need to see what would happen in the case of bacterium evolving to be anti-biotic resistant do we?)

Milk that has double the somatic cells that we are allow in this country. Do you like pus in your tea?

Baby food that has no specific regulations.

And, the US has been trying to lead us away from practices that protect items such as Stilton Cheese and Cornish Pasties.

All this is great news for our farmers, I am sure you'll agree. Oh yes, options, we all have them don't we? Unless we are so skint, we buy the cheapest food available.

Banned

I couldnt care if you take anything i say as factual, i really couldnt
    That much is obvious with the pack of lies you spew up on here. And, you obviously don't care about GDPR and PECR regulations either.

Banned

It's almost like the people who brought us Brexit rebelling against the institutions who put labels on everything and told us how bendy our bananas should be are going to start putting labels on everything and saying how chlorinated our chicken is.
    In fact, I think one of the only rules (there were 18 from memory) forced on the UK by the EU was to include the ingredient aspartame in labelling of sugar-free soft drinks. If the UK had their way, we would be drinking diet-coke without knowing whether or not aspartame was an active ingredient.

Now all you need to know is what your government's definition of "Non GMO" is.

Banned

I'm pretty confident that Blue Matt didn't read the article, but the UK answer to importing cheaply produced food is to slap a larger tarriff on it. It's not spoken about labelling at all.

In fact, the wonderful Brexit Party, sorry, Conservatives, are going further and suggesting that this large tarriff can be reduced to 0% over a 10 year period to "allow British farmers to adapt to a new normal". Now, I am not a betting man, but I would bet 50p that this "new normal" doesn't involve forcing chickens to Socially distance or, in fact, to distance at all.

And, you obviously don't care about GDPR and PECR regulations either.
    you have been told by someone else you have options on that, just dont log on, but that would mean you missing out on all this attention bless your little cotton socks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Now all you need to know is what your government's definition of "Non GMO" is.
    I don't have as many problems with GMO food as others - but that doesn't mean I don't think it should be fully dispelled to consumers exactly what they are eating so that they actually have an option (providing they are not skint and are forced to buy and eat crap).