+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queues in Aberdare Tescos car park.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Queues in Aberdare Tescos car park.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Red Onion was brilliant. You could buy single slices of Pizza in there as well.
    I was a regular in the Red Onion on weekend nights and had many a slice of pizza. I was pissed most times I went there, so would have eaten anything, but, unlike when I tried a Dorothy's chicken curry and chips when I was sober, the stuff from the Red Onion was very nice and I'd often go there when I hadn't had a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was a regular in the Red Onion on weekend nights and had many a slice of pizza. I was pissed most times I went there, so would have eaten anything, but, unlike when I tried a Dorothy's chicken curry and chips when I was sober, the stuff from the Red Onion was very nice and I'd often go there when I hadn't had a drink.
    Yup, loved it. Here's one for the oldies-A chip shop that was run by Chinese people on Tudor rd, on the left hand side of the road as you head towards the station, i think it was on the corner of one of the side streets. When i was a schoolboy and had finished training i'd stop off there. The chips were fantastic and they gave you loads. Anyone remember this place? Would've been mid to late eighties.

Anyone remember the Lexington, downstairs, next door or next door but one to the Capitol. Popular in the early/mid 70s, from memory the burgers were superb, a bit of Americana on Queen St

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone remember the Lexington, downstairs, next door or next door but one to the Capitol. Popular in the early/mid 70s, from memory the burgers were superb, a bit of Americana on Queen St
    The Gunman used to frequent that place during his New Romantic days. I remember a Hafords store was there and a mens shop called Spice, almost opposite was Roopa. Used to meet girls outside Roopa on a Saturday afternoon in my teenage years, stinking of the old mans 'Old Spice'

The Gunman used to frequent that place during his New Romantic days. I remember a Hafords store was there and a mens shop called Spice, almost opposite was Roopa. Used to meet girls outside Roopa on a Saturday afternoon in my teenage years, stinking of the old mans 'Old Spice'
    Sure you wasn’t stinking of fish? Macfisheries was by there as well Bus stops right outside the Cap and the newspaper seller, who had his papers spread all over the Cap’s wide steps, did a roaring trade every morning with workers pouring off the buses.

Sure you wasn’t stinking of fish? Macfisheries was by there as well Bus stops right outside the Cap and the newspaper seller, who had his papers spread all over the Cap’s wide steps, did a roaring trade every morning with workers pouring off the buses.
    I'm talking 86-87 it was pedestrianised by then. Are there any Echo vendors left? " Get yer Echo, late city final, Echo"

International

I'm talking 86-87 it was pedestrianised by then. Are there any Echo vendors left? " Get yer Echo, late city final, Echo"
    There used to be an old guy who stood at the St Mary Street entrance to the Central market selling echos but his main business was selling wrist watches. He had the half way up both arms. Can't imagine where the came from!!

Not sure if it was called the Lexington then, but my memories of that place come from the sixties when I was very occasionally taken there as part of a family treat for something like a birthday - everyone's staple diet back in those days was very bland and it used to be like another world visiting that place.

First Team

Not sure if it was called the Lexington then, but my memories of that place come from the sixties when I was very occasionally taken there as part of a family treat for something like a birthday - everyone's staple diet back in those days was very bland and it used to be like another world visiting that place.
    I remember the Lexington as the stand out place for birthdays meals after a film . It was , for a while, the place all us teenagers wanted to go. Compared to the Lious ( which I fondly remember with very rose tinted glasses) it was pure Hollywood.

"..and some garlic sauce on it please..."