+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL: statement on TV coverage, season ticket holders, ko times & more

EFL: statement on TV coverage, season ticket holders, ko times & more

As part of a new and innovative arrangement between the EFL and Sky Sports, which will see the broadcaster show 45 games live, Season Ticket holders at all Sky Bet EFL Championship Clubs will be given unprecedented access to watch the conclusion of the 2019/20 season online.

The Championship season will resume behind closed doors on June 20 live on Sky Sports, and work has been undertaken to ensure Season Ticket holding supporters are given the opportunity not to miss any of the action, whether the games take place home or away.

Sky Sports will broadcast 30 of the remaining 108 Championship matches alongside exclusively showing the 15 games across all EFL divisions in the Sky Bet Play-Offs. The 30 live League fixtures will also be streamed on a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service, where access will be provided for Season Ticket holders.

Supporters should note the following:

Access to the games will be determined by the Club where the supporter holds a Season Ticket

Access may be in lieu of a refund or part of a wider package as determined by each individual Club
    In addition, the remaining 78 matches will be streamed exclusively live, again with access available to Season Ticket holders as identified above. Non-season Ticket holding supporters will able to purchase these games for the current match price pass of £10. Sky Sports will show the “goals as they go in” from these matches.

The 30 live Sky matches will also be available to the EFL’s overseas broadcasters via the League’s partnership with Pitch International. The other games will be available for supporters of EFL Clubs

outside of the UK, either as part of already purchased season passes (for their respective Club) or to buy on an individual match-by-match basis

The decision to structure this arrangement in such a unique way has become possible as a result of a settlement deal agreed between the EFL and Sky following the postponement of the competition earlier this year, and is one that has limited financial impact on the existing arrangement with the broadcaster at a time when EFL Clubs have lost a significant income stream through a lack of gate receipts.

The fixture schedule is in the process of being finalised, alongside the revised broadcast selections, with EFL games set to take place at the following times (or as otherwise agreed):

Weekends

- Friday – 6pm and 8pm

- Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm

- Sunday – 12pm

Midweek

- Tuesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

- Wednesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

The broadcast selections made prior to the season suspension will now not apply, and Sky Sports will start this process “from scratch” with first selections expected to be available early next week.

EFL Chair Rick Parry said: “I would firstly like to thank the team at Sky Sports for their patience and support whilst we have worked through some of the complex issues surrounding our agreement that have arisen as a result of live sport being unable to take place due to the current crisis.

“There is no question that COVID-19 has detrimentally affected all industries and, whilst we have only ever wanted to return when it is safe to do, we have always understood that when we did, we had to balance the requirements of our broadcast partners with the unique and challenging financial circumstances that our Clubs face.

“We are delighted to have reached such an agreeable and sensible arrangement that ensures the financial impact to Clubs is minimised, Sky Sports are able to get their football business back up with one of the most eagerly anticipated Championship run-ins in years and, importantly, fans get access to games during a period where guidelines prevent them from attending in person.”

Sky Sports Managing Director Rob Webster said: "The partnership between Sky Sports and the EFL supports clubs and their communities across the country. We are pleased to have reached a solution which works for them; and appreciate the positive and collaborative spirit of the negotiations.

“The availability for existing Season Ticket holders to stream matches from their Club platform will compliment Sky Sports in telling the complete story of the climax to season.”

Quest will also provide extended highlights on both Saturday evenings and midweek, whilst talkSPORT will provide exclusive national radio commentary on some Championship matches.

Championship Season End Date

Following further consultation with EFL Championship Clubs this week, the season will still commence with match 38 on the weekend of 20 June, with match 39 taking place on Saturday 27 June. This minor amendment to the schedule will result in the last match of the regular season being on the midweek of 21 and 22 July with the Championship Play-off Final on either Sunday 2 or Monday 3 August

Re: EFL: statement on TV coverage, season ticket holders, ko times & more

Any idea how us season ticket holders will have access to matches Mike? Through Sky Sports, Cardiff City Player??

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Any idea how us season ticket holders will have access to matches Mike? Through Sky Sports, Cardiff City Player??
    seems to suggest iPlayer. I guess you will be able to view the games on the Cardiff City TV website/Player

Going to be wall to wall football on TV for six weeks.

Sky Sports say that access will be via EFLs iFollow service but we're not listed in the list of clubs to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    seems to suggest iPlayer. I guess you will be able to view the games on the Cardiff City TV website/Player

Going to be wall to wall football on TV for six weeks.
    Is the City TV website a subscription thing, I’ve never used it?

Banned

Is the City TV website a subscription thing, I’ve never used it?
    I don't have much interest in watching these games, do I still get to ask for a refund?

And what about the pre match lagers? Will they be delivered or will there be slots you can book at a pick up point?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And what about the pre match lagers? Will they be delivered or will there be slots you can book at a pick up point?
    I've bought a load of the thinnest possible plastic pint glasses and have left out a gallon of lager and water mix (66% lager) to go flat. On matchday I'll put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before having a pint and giving my son a fiver for the privilige.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've bought a load of the thinnest possible plastic pint glasses and have left out a gallon of lager and water mix (66% lager) to go flat. On matchday I'll put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before having a pint and giving my son a fiver for the privilige.
    15 mins I reckon

15 mins I reckon
    Will adjust my recipe. Thanks

Why do you always have to be so facetious, Eric?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not sure about the "always" bit but any attempt at humour is fine by me.
    His account on this occasion I found rather drole.

Why do you take things so seriously, J R?

Fair play J R, got every vowel in order

will a third of the viewers switch off on about the 83rd minute?

Fair play J R, got every vowel in order
    Important to have good vowel habits.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Queueing by the fridge from the 39th minute!

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Queueing by the fridge from the 39th minute!

F uck that, get to the loo before her

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F uck that, get to the loo before her
    I’m going to watch on the upstairs telly, pretend I’m in hospitality.

Banned

Lol

My main concern is how I'm going to make getting out of the lounge after the final whistle take as long as possible

As for the half time burger - better start queuing outside your local Mucky D’s...

Still better than Fosters 😀

🤣