+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assorted Football Quiz Questions 15

Assorted Football Quiz Questions 15

For those of you who may be interested here are a few Cardiff City related quiz questions to have a go at. It is the 15th quiz Football quiz I’ve done since lockdown so all the low hanging fruit has gone so apologies if it seems a bit challenging !

1. He played over 200 games for us in the noughties and he was our Dennis Bergkamp - who is he ?

2. Driving whilst disqualified and perverting the course of justice - 2002 to 2005.

3. Which former City player played in the highest scoring Premier League game ?

4. In the noughties this international played for Falkirk immediately before us and Coventry immediately after - who is he ?

5. Kill pink history

6. We bought this player from the Saint and his surname is the past tense of a verb - who is he ?

7. This City player shares a name with a billionaire on the Forbes List who founded the River Island High Street fashion brand - who is he ?

8. This former City player’s wife was a contestant on Big Brother and he finished his career with The Gingerbreads in 2007 - who is he ?

9. After playing 48 times for us in the 90s we loaned hm to The Cardinals, he later played at Crabble and his last two clubs were The Fish and The Deres - who is he ?

10. Sparks before

11. What is the link between Gary Stevens, Lymeswold Cheese and Accrington Stanley ?

12. A former City Manager and a former City player both went on to manage The Faithful - name them both.

13. A product of the City youth system in the 90s, Newcastle paid us £150,000 compensation to sign him before he could play for us. He never played for Newcastle but became a stalwart of Yeovil’s first 3 seasons in the Football League - who is he ?

14. A former Bluebird, he gave us a scare by scoring for Gloucester City at Ninian Park in 1989 - who is he ?

15. This Bluebird won 2 Turkish Super League Championship medals and was named in the Darlington all time “Dream Team” - who is he ?

Re: Assorted Football Quiz Questions 15

3. Ex City player to play in the highest scoring Premier games.... It’s James Harper ( must confess I read about the Portsmouth 7 Reading 4 game in 442 the other day and looked it up, and noted that Harper was in the Reading line up)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    3. Ex City player to play in the highest scoring Premier games.... It’s James Harper ( must confess I read about the Portsmouth 7 Reading 4 game in 442 the other day and looked it up, and noted that Harper was in the Reading line up)
    Well remembered

5. Tony Philiikirk

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    5. Tony Philiikirk
    Correct

14. Chris Townsend.

14. Chris Townsend.

Correct

2 Gary Croft?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    2 Gary Croft?
    Correct

1. There's something very vague in the back of my mind about us having a player who would not fly to away Cup Winners' Cup matches, but then I could just be imagining it - think it's the sort of thing Chris Pike might do, but I don't think he played that many matches for us.

15. Alan Walsh

1. There's something very vague in the back of my mind about us having a player who would not fly to away Cup Winners' Cup matches, but then I could just be imagining it - think it's the sort of thing Chris Pike might do, but I don't think he played that many matches for us.
    If your answer is Chris Pike then that is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    15. Alan Walsh
    Excellent answer

9. Darren Adams.

9. Darren Adams.
    Correct

7. Bernie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If your answer is Chris Pike then that is incorrect
    There can't be many who played 200 games for us in the nineties, I'll try Cohen Griffith.

7. Bernie Lewis
    Correct

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5083969]There can't be many who played 200 games for us in the nineties, I'll try Cohen Griffith.[/QUOT

I'm sure that, when you were in school, before exams it was drummed into you to read the question properly

6. Paul Went

6. Paul Went
    Well worked out

[QUOTE=Enoch Mort;5083974]
    There can't be many who played 200 games for us in the nineties, I'll try Cohen Griffith.[/QUOT

I'm sure that, when you were in school, before exams it was drummed into you to read the question properly
    I see what you mean , I'm still none the wiser, Neil Alexander?

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5083978]
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post

I see what you mean , I'm still none the wiser, Neil Alexander?
    Incorrect

13. Arron Davies

13. Arron Davies
    Incorrect