+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Haven and waterside for ie, so surely we can hire private places from then also no? More interested in campsites to be honest.....

Re: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Haven and waterside for ie, so surely we can hire private places from then also no? More interested in campsites to be honest.....
    Had an E-mail from a caravan site in Pembrokeshire that we've been to a few times that they were taking bookings from 10th July. Gave them a call and the've been given the go ahead to open minus the pool and bar.

just in time for the summer holidays

sold my caravan last year ( bad move in hindsight ), disney unrecognisable so going to cancel, looks like i might be buying a new tent

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Had an E-mail from a caravan site in Pembrokeshire that we've been to a few times that they were taking bookings from 10th July. Gave them a call and the've been given the go ahead to open minus the pool and bar.
    That’s good to hear....

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just in time for the summer holidays

sold my caravan last year ( bad move in hindsight ), disney unrecognisable so going to cancel, looks like i might be buying a new tent
    When was your Dis trip booked for? Know a few who cancelled this year and have rebooked for Oct 2021, that’s when I fancy going back but I know it’s going to be busy (50th anniversary) and expensive......

Nothing official yet, so dont count your chickens. I know that the big holiday park operators are putting pressure on Government.

Certainly down this way in Pembrokeshire the council is in no rush to open up facilities such as car parks and toilets and Heddlu have been busy booking people who are travelling into the county(although quite a lot have managed).

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Nothing official yet, so dont count your chickens. I know that the big holiday park operators are putting pressure on Government.

Certainly down this way in Pembrokeshire the council is in no rush to open up facilities such as car parks and toilets and Heddlu have been busy booking people who are travelling into the county(although quite a lot have managed).
    Thing is Pembrokeshire exists on two things, farming and tourism. If, as mentioned above, parks are emailing people saying they have been given the go ahead to open, then surely they will be. I’m sure there are 1000’s of people praying they can make a bit of cash before another winter. Not everyone has been given government cash....

I’m pretty sure I read Haven are re-opening but the entertainment areas won’t be allowed to open.

My holiday to Croatia is ****ed so hoping to get to West Wales a couple of times in August. Got the first and last weeks of August off.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m pretty sure I read Haven are re-opening but the entertainment areas won’t be allowed to open.
    Waterside also, be great for people to be able to get away a bit, nothing much, just a week or so.

When was your Dis trip booked for? Know a few who cancelled this year and have rebooked for Oct 2021, that’s when I fancy going back but I know it’s going to be busy (50th anniversary) and expensive......
    Aug 4th to the 29th

Oct is our fav time to go, MNSSHP is great, the weather if nice and not too overpowering, a great time to go

We had planned to go next year aswell, as you said 50th of WDW, my 50th, oldest daughters 18th its a list of big dates next year, so it was only polite to go

i think tomorrow i will cancel disney, cannot get a refund on flights, only a voucher for the total plus 20%, but will use it for next year
    Ive cancelled our Miami and clearwater hotels, they were booked with booking.com so that was easy enough

[QUOTE=Former Labour leader;5084161]Nothing official yet, so dont count your chickens. I know that the big holiday park operators are putting pressure on Government.

Certainly down this way in Pembrokeshire the council is in no rush to open up facilities such as car parks and toilets and Heddlu have been busy booking people who are travelling into the county(although quite a lot have managed).[/QUOTE

Or your chlorinated chickens

Aug 4th to the 29th

Oct is our fav time to go, MNSSHP is great, the weather if nice and not too overpowering, a great time to go

We had planned to go next year aswell, as you said 50th of WDW, my 50th, oldest daughters 18th its a list of big dates next year, so it was only polite to go

i think tomorrow i will cancel disney, cannot get a refund on flights, only a voucher for the total plus 20%, but will use it for next year
    Ive cancelled our Miami and clearwater hotels, they were booked with booking.com so that was easy enough
    Good choice the USA is on fire anyways , remember the slogan be safe ,stay home, save your dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good choice the USA is on fire anyways , remember the slogan be safe ,stay home, save your dosh.
    you could be right , with my income drastically down these last few months it might be sensible anyway

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stay Alert - Take Amphetimines - Never Go To Sleep

My holiday to Croatia is ****ed so hoping to get to West Wales a couple of times in August. Got the first and last weeks of August off.
    Where to JR? Aberporth and Tresaith are lovely.

Stay Alert - Take Amphetimines - Never Go To Sleep
    Simon Horrell’s slogan?

Has it been cancelled or are you choosing not to go. I heard on the radio yesterday that Croatia opened itself for visitors 2 weeks ago. The first country to do so.

Any plans to go anywhere in June is a wipeout but it’s looking like plenty of options to travel from July 1 might be available. Ryanair promoting July flights to many countries.

I think the UK quarantine thing is a bit of a white elephant. I think they’ll scrap it after 3 weeks and use July 1 as a significant date to announce the country as open again.

Aug 4th to the 29th

What hotel in Clearwater were you booked at? That’s where we go to recover from the parks.....the Opal Sands was amazing

Well I'm waiting for the news that it's possible to stay at camping sites and away from home overnight - as I want to walk the South West Coast Path in instalments (which is 630 miles long). It will serve as a substitute to my jaunts abroad. I intend dropping off my bicycle at the end of each stage, travelling to the start point in my newly-acquired van, walking the day's stage and cycling back to the start point, stay overnight and do another stage the day after. There are 52 stages, which range from 9 to 15 miles in length.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well I'm waiting for the news that it's possible to stay at camping sites and away from home overnight - as I want to walk the South West Coast Path in instalments (which is 630 miles long). It will serve as a substitute to my jaunts abroad. I intend dropping off my bicycle at the end of each stage, travelling to the start point in my newly-acquired van, walking the day's stage and cycling back to the start point, stay overnight and do another stage the day after. There are 52 stages, which range from 9 to 15 miles in length.
    Me to, a load of us booked to go to Pembrey July 10th. Really hoping it will happen, if holiday parks can open then surely campsites too

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Has it been cancelled or are you choosing not to go. I heard on the radio yesterday that Croatia opened itself for visitors 2 weeks ago. The first country to do so.

Any plans to go anywhere in June is a wipeout but it’s looking like plenty of options to travel from July 1 might be available. Ryanair promoting July flights to many countries.

I think the UK quarantine thing is a bit of a white elephant. I think they’ll scrap it after 3 weeks and use July 1 as a significant date to announce the country as open again.
    The P.I.G.S. countries are already panicking re. summer. Come July they'll be welcoming 85yr olds on ventilators. The quarantine is curious considering infection rates are dramatically lower in these countries. July 1 Jet2 are starting again, and that's definite.

What hotel in Clearwater were you booked at? That’s where we go to recover from the parks.....the Opal Sands was amazing
    booked 2, we were going to decide closer to the time

Marriott ( who i own vacation club points with ) this was a suite and it suits us better, they will often upgrade MVC members

Hilton, which as i guess you will know is right on the beach ( infact it has a roped off section i believe where they serve you drinks etc )

just googled opal sands, very nice, bookmarked it for next year i had seen it in person ( its massive ), but didnt know its name, its right by the pier isnt it

got up this morning and our flights have been 100% cancelled now, they were pending for a while as part of the trip was cancelled, now the fight to get our money back on them

on a plus side, the mrs said to me this morning, shall we have a brucey-bonus week ( or 10 day ) in oct 1/2 term to Orlando ( she has never wanted just 1 week away, says its too far to fly for 7 days ), which would work out good, i can use my Marriott week, we can get a AP ( which will mean free car parking and we can use it next Aug ) , only have to find spends and the flight money, so who knows ? ? ? i might get a trip this year

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I know someone who did minehead to cornwall, took a lightwieght tent and spent a few weeks going it, just camped anywhere, though he said the path had loads of spaces to pitch up

booked 2, we were going to decide closer to the time

Marriott ( who i own vacation club points with ) this was a suite and it suits us better, they will often upgrade MVC members

Hilton, which as i guess you will know is right on the beach ( infact it has a roped off section i believe where they serve you drinks etc )

just googled opal sands, very nice, bookmarked it for next year i had seen it in person ( its massive ), but didnt know its name, its right by the pier isnt it

got up this morning and our flights have been 100% cancelled now, they were pending for a while as part of the trip was cancelled, now the fight to get our money back on them

on a plus side, the mrs said to me this morning, shall we have a brucey-bonus week ( or 10 day ) in oct 1/2 term to Orlando ( she has never wanted just 1 week away, says its too far to fly for 7 days ), which would work out good, i can use my Marriott week, we can get a AP ( which will mean free car parking and we can use it next Aug ) , only have to find spends and the flight money, so who knows ? ? ? i might get a trip this year
    Sounds good, the Hilton is right by pier 60, a bit dated now apparently and Marriott is down the other side not directly on the beach.
    That opal sands has built a bar in the dunes just looking out to see, it’s awesome try and get a deal there it would be well worth it.
    Schools out for a two week half term this October, perfect time to go....don’t think you will get the full on Disney expo though.