+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Re: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well I'm waiting for the news that it's possible to stay at camping sites and away from home overnight - as I want to walk the South West Coast Path in instalments (which is 630 miles long). It will serve as a substitute to my jaunts abroad. I intend dropping off my bicycle at the end of each stage, travelling to the start point in my newly-acquired van, walking the day's stage and cycling back to the start point, stay overnight and do another stage the day after. There are 52 stages, which range from 9 to 15 miles in length.
    Good luck with the walk. We did Bude to Penzance last year and will go back year after next to complete the southern Cornwall section. It was going to be next year, but then we planned to walk the Pembrokeshire coastal path this year (should have finished last Tuesday) but that had to be bumped back a year.

Have you read The Salt Path? Account of a Welsh couple who walked the SW Path when he was diagnosed with a serious illness and they lost their home/business. Informative, inspiring but not sentimental:

The Salt Path.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Me to, a load of us booked to go to Pembrey July 10th. Really hoping it will happen, if holiday parks can open then surely campsites too
    Ive booked a few sites in Wales early July so figures crossed, but not all that hopeful. Booked Cornwall from next week for three weeks, and that's cancelled and bookings moved to 2021

The Caravan Club hopes to open some sites in July on a roll out basis. There seems to be some issues around sites with communal facilities regarding ability to keep them sanitised and social distancing.

England will move to open some sites in July, but Wales it seems is not due to open until September, but that is to be reviewed regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stay Alert - Take Amphetimines - Never Go To Sleep
    😉🤫

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Ive booked a few sites in Wales early July so figures crossed, but not all that hopeful. Booked Cornwall from next week for three weeks, and that's cancelled and bookings moved to 2021

The Caravan Club hopes to open some sites in July on a roll out basis. There seems to be some issues around sites with communal facilities regarding ability to keep them sanitised and social distancing.

England will move to open some sites in July, but Wales it seems is not due to open until September, but that is to be reviewed regularly.
    Yes pissing and shitting are the holiday nightmare , now and were always such .😀

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

So everyone in England can go away and no one in Wales can? Can’t see that running smoothly at all. An awful lot if very pissed off people. Wales try to keep low pro and stay a few weeks behind England from a political point but like with the schools we get there in the end.

We've got family in Porthcawl so we book caravans at Trecco a couple of times a year. With most people holidaying at home this year I reckon prices will be bumped up.
    I reckon all the UK residents should holiday in their Country of residency.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good luck with the walk. We did Bude to Penzance last year and will go back year after next to complete the southern Cornwall section. It was going to be next year, but then we planned to walk the Pembrokeshire coastal path this year (should have finished last Tuesday) but that had to be bumped back a year.

Have you read The Salt Path? Account of a Welsh couple who walked the SW Path when he was diagnosed with a serious illness and they lost their home/business. Informative, inspiring but not sentimental:

The Salt Path.jpg
    Thanks. I haven't read the book but I have heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m pretty sure I read Haven are re-opening but the entertainment areas won’t be allowed to open.
    Not such a bad thing, apart from losing a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We've got family in Porthcawl so we book caravans at Trecco a couple of times a year. With most people holidaying at home this year I reckon prices will be bumped up.
    I reckon all the UK residents should holiday in their Country of residency.
    Well it would be good to officially know soon from the UK govs, not only do I want to go away camping but I have about 4 people a day emailing me about my place in Pembrokeshire, got about five pencilled in can’t be arsed with anymore enquiries so said I’m full for now.

Looking to book a caravan in westward ho fir the last week of July. Waiting to see how things pan out first.

Talk of easing measures by Drakeford for self contained holiday units next Friday, that would be good. I think we all need more good news like this

Talk of easing measures by Drakeford for self contained holiday units next Friday, that would be good. I think we all need more good news like this
    As I posted earlier, they must have already given static caravan parks the nod to open in July. Howells leisure holiday park in Fishguard are taking deposits for bookings from July 10th. They did state the bar and club is unlikely to open but this could change in due course. Had written off holidays this year so anything is a real bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    As I posted earlier, they must have already given static caravan parks the nod to open in July. Howells leisure holiday park in Fishguard are taking deposits for bookings from July 10th. They did state the bar and club is unlikely to open but this could change in due course. Had written off holidays this year so anything is a real bonus.
    Really hope July 10th is the day, got a camping trip booked in that day!

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    We go to Howells every year in the first two weeks of August.

As things stand my wife and I will still be shielded until 15 August and I would guess will still have some form of restriction after that so seems highly unlikely we will go this years.

I would guess even if the bar and pool do open they will be very restricted and places like Folly Farm will be bookings only or have very long queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Looking to book a caravan in westward ho fir the last week of July. Waiting to see how things pan out first.
    Stayed in Beachside several times. Decent site, unlike most of them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Stayed in Beachside several times. Decent site, unlike most of them there.
    Thanks. I’ll check it out. Have been looking at Braddicks ? Or surf bay I think. Not been on a caravan holiday for years.

Well it would be good to officially know soon from the UK govs, not only do I want to go away camping but I have about 4 people a day emailing me about my place in Pembrokeshire, got about five pencilled in can’t be arsed with anymore enquiries so said I’m full for now.
    Broad Haven looking great this afternoon. Sun was shining, beach and sea like the Med. Was thinking of you. 😀

Sounds good, the Hilton is right by pier 60, a bit dated now apparently and Marriott is down the other side not directly on the beach.
    That opal sands has built a bar in the dunes just looking out to see, it’s awesome try and get a deal there it would be well worth it.
    Schools out for a two week half term this October, perfect time to go....don’t think you will get the full on Disney expo though.
    Opal Sands looks great, will deffo book it next time

we Love Oct, always our fav time to go, except its only for 2 weeks, the plus side of Aug is that we can do more than 2 weeks which i know is decadent but the more you do, the more you want from the place

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Thanks. I’ll check it out. Have been looking at Braddicks ? Or surf bay I think. Not been on a caravan holiday for years.
    Not so fussed on Braddicks. When I was last there some of the vans/chalets looked a bit ropey. Surf Bay and Beachside adjacent to each other and run by sane people. All good sea views and adjacent to beach.

Not so fussed on Braddicks. When I was last there some of the vans/chalets looked a bit ropey. Surf Bay and Beachside adjacent to each other and run by sane people. All good sea views and adjacent to beach.
    Thanks. Have been looking at the apartments there at Beachside.

Well you wouldn’t want them run by out and out lunatics, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well you wouldn’t want them run by out and out lunatics, would you?
    Lol senior moment

Should have read same!

If caravan parks etc open for families would it be a danger for the bar/club facilities to open as well? I’d imagine the sites and beaches will be packed with kids to whom social distancing, once outside, would be, understandably, totally ignored, they’ll be playing, rolling about, jumping all over each other as kids do. If this is deemed safe surely the evening entertainment places would be no more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If caravan parks etc open for families would it be a danger for the bar/club facilities to open as well? I’d imagine the sites and beaches will be packed with kids to whom social distancing, once outside, would be, understandably, totally ignored, they’ll be playing, rolling about, jumping all over each other as kids do. If this is deemed safe surely the evening entertainment places would be no more dangerous.
    To be honest the campsites I go to I see more adults rolling about jumping on each other than kids, particularly after 6pm

International

To be honest the campsites I go to I see more adults rolling about jumping on each other than kids, particularly after 6pm
    don't give us just half the information ..............