+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social distancing

Social distancing

Just taken the pooch out for a walk around Barry (not the island) and noticed a session of contact football training in Buttrills field and yesterday I noticed driving instructors and clients. Can anyone explain to me how this is adhering to the current rules. No wonder the bloody virus won't go away.

Re: Social distancing

Saw a driving instructor this week near Roath Park, he was wearing what can be best described as a full on gas mask!

Going to get some shopping saw a fella in front of me stop and sit on the wall,i thought he was unwell he lifted his mask and took a puff on his fag and put the mask back on with a mouth full of smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Saw a driving instructor this week near Roath Park, he was wearing what can be best described as a full on gas mask!

The pupil most probably had a vindaloo the night before

Banned

Going to tesco is bad enough , they cant keep to 2m and the one way aisle system

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Going to get some shopping saw a fella in front of me stop and sit on the wall,i thought he was unwell he lifted his mask and took a puff on his fag and put the mask back on with a mouth full of smoke.
    Smokers are less likely to catch covid cos their lungs are already ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Going to tesco is bad enough , they cant keep to 2m and the one way aisle system
    Inside Supermarkets are the worst places I've been for distancing. Punters very erratic in their movements and their minds are focused on what they buying not who they are near. Staff seem to think they are invincible and carry on totally normally.

At least outside people deliberately avoid each other and when queuing for the supermarket they heed the 2m rule. It's just when they get inside all bets are off.

I’ve started going really early or late in the evenings when it’s generally quieter as the amount of buffoons who can’t follow the signs is incredible and would just annoy me at peak times.
    It’s certainly changed how we shop aswell. Me or the missus used to go every other day with a smaller shop, now it’s like a military exercise planning what we have for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Inside Supermarkets are the worst places I've been for distancing. Punters very erratic in their movements and their minds are focused on what they buying not who they are near. Staff seem to think they are invincible and carry on totally normally.

At least outside people deliberately avoid each other and when queuing for the supermarket they heed the 2m rule. It's just when they get inside all bets are off.
    People outside are just as erratic. I walked around Roath Park Lake today and on many occasions we were faced with a couple walking towards us on the pavement abreast. In many cases they made no effort to change momentarily from abreast to single file forcing myself and my wife further out into the road to ensure that distance is maintained. Inconsiderate or just plain stupid ?

Saw thousands of young potentially infecting themselves and potentially carrying it to the vulnerable via demos recently, bloody thoughtless.

Where's The Dom ??

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    People outside are just as erratic. I walked around Roath Park Lake today and on many occasions we were faced with a couple walking towards us on the pavement abreast. In many cases they made no effort to change momentarily from abreast to single file forcing myself and my wife further out into the road to ensure that distance is maintained. Inconsiderate or just plain stupid ?
    Agree about supermarkets - the staff seem to be oblivious . Had loads of walks with Mrs lately and it's a constant source of debate as couples approach - will they, won't they, should we ..? !!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agree about supermarkets - the staff seem to be oblivious . Had loads of walks with Mrs lately and it's a constant source of debate as couples approach - will they, won't they, should we ..? !!
    The staff show no regard for the 2m, work in the deadly supermarkets for 8 hours a day and rub shoulders with hundreds of people each day - yet there they are every time you go, not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    The staff show no regard for the 2m, work in the deadly supermarkets for 8 hours a day and rub shoulders with hundreds of people each day - yet there they are every time you go, not dead yet.
    I hated supermarkets before this , I now avoid them as best as I can , bloody awful places ,rather give a bit extra to the local butcher, veggie and locally run convenience stores ,who have been there for us 24/7 during this pandemic, teachers please note.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw thousands of young potentially infecting themselves and potentially carrying it to the vulnerable via demos recently, bloody thoughtless.

Where's The Dom ??
    What about the VE day celebration ?

Fecking HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of thoughtless people broke social distancing possibly infecting the vulnerable that day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What about the VE day celebration ?

Fecking HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of thoughtless people broke social distancing possibly infecting the vulnerable that day
    And yet no second wave.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How many new infections are needed for it to be counted as a second wave?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is the first wave over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is the first wave over yet?
    I thought the same

When out walking or running down the Taff or Trevithick Trails which are within a 5 mile area advised by Welsh Government, I take a morbid delight at ensuring social distancing from the groups of men cycling towards Merthyr from far areas such as Cardiff and the Vale by coughing, wheezing and gobbing out my phlegm in a 360 degree motion around me.

It’s provided some looks from others and laughs to myself.

I've come to the conclusion that apart from a small number of unfortunate people, this illness tends to kill only those who are elderly, usually with some underlying illness. I think that if the government published some decent statistics showing the breakdown of those affected, then this would be even more clear. Anyone else - yes, you can catch it, but you'll probably be alright.
    The big problem is that whereas the majority (ie. the rest of us) will be okay, anyone who has it, can pass it on to someone else, who can then pass it on to someone else - and eventually, another old and vulnerable person dies. So perhaps the answer is to vaccinate all people over a certain age?
    We can't carry on the way we are for very much longer. Not only are people starting to break the rules (I don't blame Cummings - everyone was doing it - he's just someone who should definitely have known better), and are getting bored with the current situation, but the country cannot take it financially. This is going to end up affecting us more than the war, and will be something that we could take decades to get over. It won't be long before taxes rise - they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that apart from a small number of unfortunate people, this illness tends to kill only those who are elderly, usually with some underlying illness. I think that if the government published some decent statistics showing the breakdown of those affected, then this would be even more clear. Anyone else - yes, you can catch it, but you'll probably be alright.
    The big problem is that whereas the majority (ie. the rest of us) will be okay, anyone who has it, can pass it on to someone else, who can then pass it on to someone else - and eventually, another old and vulnerable person dies. .
    On the 8th of June you've come to this conclusion? This has been the case for almost 4 months

Isn't there a higher chance once you're over 50 you'll need hospital treatment too?

Used to enjoy a walk near the house or through Bute Park into work. Now I just find myself irritated by it. Easily 80% of people I come across make little to no effort to move.

Cyclists whizz past, heavy breathing joggers trot right by. The bridges are the worst, one by the cafe, people standing about, others walk right down the middle.

Hate that I feel so irritated by it.

Might take jordi's approach and start coughing sporadically, into my elbow of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Used to enjoy a walk near the house or through Bute Park into work. Now I just find myself irritated by it. Easily 80% of people I come across make little to no effort to move.

Cyclists whizz past, heavy breathing joggers trot right by. The bridges are the worst, one by the cafe, people standing about, others walk right down the middle.

Hate that I feel so irritated by it.

Might take jordi's approach and start coughing sporadically, into my elbow of course.

Just cover your face with cheesecloth and ring a bell

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just cover your face with cheesecloth and ring a bell