+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: R.I.P. PAUL 'TONKA' CHAPMAN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: R.I.P. PAUL 'TONKA' CHAPMAN

happy to say that i saw lone star...sad to see his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    happy to say that i saw lone star...sad to see his passing.
    I saw them several times and have their albums (one of them being a press copy) - and I was surprised that they didn't make it big.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I saw them several times and have their albums (one of them being a press copy) - and I was surprised that they didn't make it big.
    I thought that the lyrics of 'The Bells of Berlin' seemed fanciful tosh at the time but how wrong was I!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sadly, punk 'killed' Lone Star. Unfortunately for them they came out at the wrong time, their debut album being released in 1976, when the UK music press was slavishly groveling to all things punk. Had they formed and released their debut album two or three years earlier I am sure they would have been huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sadly, punk 'killed' Lone Star. Unfortunately for them they came out at the wrong time, their debut album being released in 1976, when the UK music press was slavishly groveling to all things punk. Had they formed and released their debut album two or three years earlier I am sure they would have been huge.
    Good point. A photograph of a £5 note is winging its way to you....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Spot on. Rock music was changing rapidly around 1976/77 and their sound just didn't fit in.

Had they emerged on the rock scene around 1973/74 things could have been so much different for them.

RIP Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UFjlQq5bA