+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: London Demonstrations....

Re: London Demonstrations....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    All bullies are gutless, but some on here are living in their own 'bubble'. I do several online quizzes weekly with a disparate range of people. The reaction to the BLM demos were probably not what those demonstrating wished. Generally "all lives matter", and "here we go again" was the consensus. It's different on here because probably all the Guardian readers in Cardiff have found the site - it's free to join and free to post, but I can tell you it's certainly not representative of society in general. People who don't express anti-Govt., pro-black ideology are derided.
    Of course this messageboard isn't representative of society in general, everybody knows that if you want to tap into the pulse of Britain you've got to try and get an invite to one of A Quiet Monkfish's online quiz nights. Half those people who you think are opponents are actually researchers

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    My favourites were the ones in Newcastle protecting the 135 metre high stone statue of a leader in the abolition of slavery movement from being taken down
    Some of these Geordies are tall buggers mind

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Some of these Geordies are tall buggers mind
    How high? 443 Feet! Must be why I never noticed it all the times I've been to newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If that was someone with a BLM t-shirt on, you would be shitting your pants with anger - not defending the guy doing it (which is exactly what you're doing now).

Have you considered being a moderator on *****' board, Matt?
    oh and for the record, i have no issues with BLM protesters who want to protest ( as long as its peaceful ) i must admit i would prefer them to not do it while Covid is around, but if they keep to social distancing guidelines then fair enough, had a local one near me, some of my daughters friends went, it was really spread out, peaceful, nothing to write home about

Now the Antifa lot who are intent of smashing things up, fighting with the police are just as bad as the " racists " yesterday, these are not a welcome addition to the protests, the point i made in another thread is both sides have the idiots who want to turn up and riot, but some on here fail to see that and are very quick to condemn ( and shit their pants in anger ? ? ? ) yesterdays lot, yet ignore it when the side they happen to believe in do it

on a similar note i saw on my news a few ex-service personnel were at a cenotaph, they stood around the cenotaph and raised a union flag, no racist behaviour, no fighting with the police, no criminal damage, the police were stood near to them, then all packed up and went home

"Not defending him in anyway"

"i honestly cannot see anyone wilfully pissing on a memorial of a fallen police officer, racist thug or not"

Ok, Matt. Keep pretending that you're not defending him.
    so i havent defended him then, otherwise you would have highlighted the " defence " instead of quoting something that most on here will agree with, even the most racist person wouldnt piss on a fallen white police officers memorial

Of course this messageboard isn't representative of society in general, everybody knows that if you want to tap into the pulse of Britain you've got to try and get an invite to one of A Quiet Monkfish's online quiz nights. Half those people who you think are opponents are actually researchers
    Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure what point you're making however..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    so i havent defended him then, otherwise you would have highlighted the " defence " instead of quoting something that most on here will agree with, even the most racist person wouldnt piss on a fallen white police officers memorial
    We saw a lot of them attack police officers over nothing yesterday, so I don't think pissing on a memorial is that much of a stretch is it?

Although, full disclosure, I do actually think that the guy yesterday probably was pissing next to it. I do agree with Heisenberg that if that was a BLM protester you'd take a harder line towards it though

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That figures. Brexit Britain in a nutshell right there.
    Ah, Good Morning. Up and about just as Sludge returns to his crypt..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure what point you're making however..
    I was hoping you'd invite me to a quiz night tbh

Or perhaps you could submit questions each week. Like with YouGov.

oh and for the record, i have no issues with BLM protesters who want to protest ( as long as its peaceful ) i must admit i would prefer them to not do it while Covid is around, but if they keep to social distancing guidelines then fair enough, had a local one near me, some of my daughters friends went, it was really spread out, peaceful, nothing to write home about

Now the Antifa lot who are intent of smashing things up, fighting with the police are just as bad as the " racists " yesterday, these are not a welcome addition to the protests, the point i made in another thread is both sides have the idiots who want to turn up and riot, but some on here fail to see that and are very quick to condemn ( and shit their pants in anger ? ? ? ) yesterdays lot, yet ignore it when the side they happen to believe in do it

on a similar note i saw on my news a few ex-service personnel were at a cenotaph, they stood around the cenotaph and raised a union flag, no racist behaviour, no fighting with the police, no criminal damage, the police were stood near to them, then all packed up and went home
    What was the point of standing around with a flag?

Heisenberg

Who the f**k are Antifa? Stop listening to Trump, mate.

It's mad isn't it... You can point out that there was an example yesterday of a group of people that didn't cause any trouble, when the majority were out actively looking for it. But when there was a small element of people causing trouble at BLM protests, they weren't being called a minority.

The "both sides are as bad as each other" argument is shit. The majority of people were out yesterday with the sole intention of looking for trouble and yet the other side are just as bad as them because a small minority of them caused some trouble too.

The only comparison that can be made is the mental gymnastics and hyprocrisy that some will go to make it look like they're not defending the actions of the EDL after having a hissy fit over BLM etc.

Any one who is using violence of any sort should be condemned but only one "side" had that as the only goal on their agenda.

Heisenberg

You have defended him by saying that you don't think that anyone would piss on a police memorial... He would fall under the category of "anyone".

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What was the point of standing around with a flag?
    serving the army and britishness , I think the issue and int is they serve and others before them had served queen country and the union flag they see monuments like Churchills and the Cenotaph worth protecting and being honorable and considered about their value our history , and I support that , nothing wrong with peaceful protests .

There has been attempts to burn flags from the Black Lives Matter protests ,which I think would be upset a large portion of the population who in turn agree with valid peaceful social distancing protesters , as that demonstrates they respect all lives black or white

You have defended him by saying that you don't think that anyone would piss on a police memorial... He would fall under the category of "anyone".
    that man is a fecking disgrace and should be arrested , pissed up I guess ,pity someone didn't give him a nudge in the back whilst he pissing , soooo very tempting

Ah, sorry. MENSA only..

Banned

If that was someone with a BLM t-shirt on, you would be shitting your pants with anger - not defending the guy doing it (which is exactly what you're doing now).

Have you considered being a moderator on *****' board, Matt?
    Yep, if that was a Muslim he would be apoplectic with rage.

Banned

It's mad isn't it... You can point out that there was an example yesterday of a group of people that didn't cause any trouble, when the majority were out actively looking for it. But when there was a small element of people causing trouble at BLM protests, they weren't being called a minority.

The "both sides are as bad as each other" argument is shit. The majority of people were out yesterday with the sole intention of looking for trouble and yet the other side are just as bad as them because a small minority of them caused some trouble too.

The only comparison that can be made is the mental gymnastics and hyprocrisy that some will go to make it look like they're not defending the actions of the EDL after having a hissy fit over BLM etc.

Any one who is using violence of any sort should be condemned but only one "side" had that as the only goal on their agenda.
    Of course they were. They were "football lads", looking for fun. We've seen it in games, people showing up with one thought in mind, and it isn't the football game. Yesterday, it wasn't the statues either. BLM didn't show up, so they attacked the police who they were "defending" last week. ****wits.

Something that's mentioned very little when talking about the statues is that Churchill gets vandalised quite often, especially when there's a big protest.

Here he is after the May Day protests of 2000. An ex soldier did this, so take what you want from that. Apparently the statue was boxed up to protect it the next May Day.

ch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    serving the army and britishness , I think the issue and int is they serve and others before them had served queen country and the union flag they see monuments like Churchills and the Cenotaph worth protecting and being honorable and considered about their value our history , and I support that , nothing wrong with peaceful protests .

There has been attempts to burn flags from the Black Lives Matter protests ,which I think would be upset a large portion of the population who in turn agree with valid peaceful social distancing protesters , as that demonstrates they respect all lives black or white
    Why would BLM attack a cenotaph?

Or are the protectors just looking for an excuse to get out there and 'protect' ?

All bollocks if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Some people f**king love a flag don't they? It's weird, people going absolutely mad over a bit of cloth that denotes the place you were accidentally born

Some people f**king love a flag don't they? It's weird, people going absolutely mad over a bit of cloth that denotes the place you were accidentally born
    Christ, have you ever tried talking to any Americans about flags? they're properly weird about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Christ, have you ever tried talking to any Americans about flags? they're properly weird about them.
    You don't see many people driving around in pickup trucks here with flags, and huge ugly **I SUPPORT BORIS JOHNSON** or **CONSERVATIVE AND PROUD** etc but they seem to be all over the place over there. ****ing weird.

Something that's mentioned very little when talking about the statues is that Churchill gets vandalised quite often, especially when there's a big protest.

Here he is after the May Day protests of 2000. An ex soldier did this, so take what you want from that. Apparently the statue was boxed up to protect it the next May Day.

ch.jpg
    Is that a mohican ?

you are clutching at straws, you really are

you dont believe that the " BLM crowd " ( if that name is easier for you to understand ) have a element who turn up for the violence ? ? ?