+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Programmes

Programmes

Can't recall seeing a post on this anyway, apologies if a duplicate.

The club are making programmes for the last five home matches - available on the club store website.

£3 per programme with I think £1.50 p&p or there's a bundle for the 5 games of £15 + £5p&p.

Re: Programmes

They should have a digital option, going forward, like Wales do.

I suspect they'd lose more income than they'd make. If they did it as say a pdf, people would freely upload it.

I ordered mine as soon as it was announced and received a programme for Sundays match in the post today. 👍

Shhhh, but these are the type of programme that will be worth something in years to come maybe, as I suspect there is a limited print run.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Shhhh, but these are the type of programme that will be worth something in years to come maybe, as I suspect there is a limited print run.
    You're restricted to one anyway. Ordered yesterday, arrived today.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Mine also arrived today. Setting aside any value it may hold I certainly think it is quite collectible. It’s a surprisingly good read also. It’s the first home programme I have bought since Man U at home.

The FAW pdf programmes don’t work at all. Impossible to read on a phone and, who takes a laptop to home games?

I think there’s a place for digital programmes - particularly for fans who can’t make the matches or perhaps live overseas - if done properly, but certainly not instead of physical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think there’s a place for digital programmes - particularly for fans who can’t make the matches or perhaps live overseas - if done properly, but certainly not instead of physical ones.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Mine also arrived today. Setting aside any value it may hold I certainly think it is quite collectible. It’s a surprisingly good read also. It’s the first home programme I have bought since Man U at home.

The FAW pdf programmes don’t work at all. Impossible to read on a phone and, who takes a laptop to home games?
    There's so little interesting content in the Wales programmes it's hard to justify any sort of charge above a couple of £ for them. I do like printed version though to read before a game

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Can't recall seeing a post on this anyway, apologies if a duplicate.

The club are making programmes for the last five home matches - available on the club store website.

£3 per programme with I think £1.50 p&p or there's a bundle for the 5 games of £15 + £5p&p.
    how can you order one please

I suspect they'd lose more income than they'd make. If they did it as say a pdf, people would freely upload it.
    Especially when there’s a guy on twitter asking people to send the pdfs to him and he will digital print a copy for people. We had to remind him of copyright legislation this week.

We print and control the subscriptions for around 40 football clubs. Think you will be disappointed if you think they are going to be collectible and valuable in the future. Because fans can’t attend the games the subscriptions have gone through the roof.

Some clubs are also offering them as part of a package with viewing games online so that they don’t have to repay season ticket money.

Print runs are still in the thousands for all of the Premier League and Championship clubs who are producing a programme.

A few clubs have decided not to print programmes and one or two are thinking of producing a programme last game of the season which will also cover a review of the rest of the games played post restart.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    how can you order one please
    Login at club store page, https://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/, it's the last link "Programmes".

Direct link is https://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/g...day-programme/

Can order individual or the 5 game bundle from there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Especially when there’s a guy on twitter asking people to send the pdfs to him and he will digital print a copy for people. We had to remind him of copyright legislation this week.
    Hate the entitlement that other people's work should be free.

Login at club store page, https://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/, it's the last link "Programmes".

Direct link is https://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/g...day-programme/

Can order individual or the 5 game bundle from there.
    cheers im not very good at this can only find one for leeds game from last year

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    cheers im not very good at this can only find one for leeds game from last year
    That's just a stock picture of a programme, all have the same picture.
    The programmes there are for this season - the first option at £15 is the 5 game programme set, so all remaining home games this season. The others are individual purchases for games this season.

That's just a stock picture of a programme, all have the same picture.
    The programmes there are for this season - the first option at £15 is the 5 game programme set, so all remaining home games this season. The others are individual purchases for games this season.
    all sorted thanks

No worries, shouldn't take long to arrive.

Ordered the 5 pack Thursday, arrived Friday so should be Monday-ish for you I guess.

They get delivered before each games, mine for Leeds came yesterday. So I expect a Friday delivery for all future Saturday games too. I have been told that Preston and Fulham are doing programmes for our away games but have seen nothing on their official sites. I also got link from CC Supporters Trust today fo the Bristol City game away, but it links to a Bristol City programme site not the club.

Late 60s/early 70s, the heyday of programmes, a free copy of the excellent Football League Review in every copy.