+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the matter with these people?

Re: What is the matter with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Of which there are lots of choices....
    Totally agree. Walked the meadows & canal yesterday. It was alive with birdsong, the beginning of the early summer showing of wild flowers. I heard the rattle of a woodpecker in the trees. Beautiful unspoilt meadow and woodland, yet so many other places where this could have been built, including within existing hospitals which was the preferred option of the senior doctors.

It's startling how readily Cardiff Council is covering over green spaces in the City and surrounding areas. 41,000 homes being built with now . I also read [forget where] of another 5,000 homes in the City being given planning permission. We all need places to live, but another 50,000 homes ? It's all about the money sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Dreadful news.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...nning-20212469
    Controversial Velindre cancer centre in Cardiff given approval by Welsh Government
    I can’t say I find it dreadful news - in fact the opposite but do feel for the locals.

Great news for cancer care in South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If it’s a choice of houses or a much needed cancer hospital surely it’s a no brainier? Aside from this why dontt they just built it on the massive old Whitchurch hospital site?
    The buildings on the old Whitchurch hospital site are listed. Conveniently they are listed individually and not as a single listing, do would have to be preserved on that basis. The requirements of the new facility (so I've read) wouldn't fit in the buildings.
    I just dont think theyve tried hard enough to find an alternate solution, either there or at another site, to that decided on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The buildings on the old Whitchurch hospital site are listed. Conveniently they are listed individually and not as a single listing, do would have to be preserved on that basis. The requirements of the new facility (so I've read) wouldn't fit in the buildings.
    I just dont think theyve tried hard enough to find an alternate solution, either there or at another site, to that decided on Friday
    Why should they have to? That’s the site they selected and it’s then down to the planners to decide whether it’s got any merit.

It’s not a huge site so whilst I do sympathise, I don’t get the huge furore

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why should they have to? That’s the site they selected and it’s then down to the planners to decide whether it’s got any merit.

It’s not a huge site so whilst I do sympathise, I don’t get the huge furore
    I dont think the outcry would have been to this extent if it hadn't been for the lockdown and many people using the 'Meadows' for their daily walk.
    Both Facebook groups have been entertaining too. I got banned (like many others apparently) for trying to debate the development on the pro-development site. That site is run (I think) by the wife of one of the directors of the development company. The admins of the 'save' site didnt like my opinion that all the flags and banners make it look a mess and will scare birds away from their nesting sites.
    Yes it's a shame for those who use the area, but it is probably the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What is the matter with these people? The answer is absolutely nothing.
    that block of flats where you live ?

What do you think it was built on ?

Jelly ?