Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Shes still going to get hauled in for an assessment

So welcome to tory britain

Ten years they have been in , a disabled person is awarded a benefit , after having to fill in a dreadful stressful form , more than likely attend an interview

Then forced to fill in another form and probably face another assessment to prove she isnt disabled

Who brought this increased testing in and mandatory reconsideration in ?

I will give you a clue , it was Iain Duncan Smith , tory

If you need any help riverside advice centre in cardiff are the place to go or speakeasy law centre

Good luck

We've been through the assessment Sludge.

The next one is in 2029!

That is why we had the mandatory reconsideration, because the woman who did it only gave her 10 points and standard benefit rate rather than the 12 points for the enhanced rate (they gave here the full 12 mobility, she could only walk a couple of yards at the assessment).

The mandatory reconsideration gave her the extra 2 points so she now gets full PIP. Should never have gone that far as she should have got at least 30 points by my reckoning as some of the assessment comments are a nonsense. The council and care agency care plans both clearly qualify her for extra points under the Departments own guidelines to assessors but the assessment and mandatory reconsideration both ignored this. Still 12 points is enough,but she would have had a clear case at a Tribunal if it had come to it.

It's only one form by the way although I had to write a page of notes for the mandatory reconsideration.

And as I said Labour opened the door when they brought in more testing for the ESA.

You kindly mentioned before that you knew someone who could help if we had problems and I was going to ask if she had had to go to appeal.

Luckily turned out OK in the end.

Thank you anyway.

Apologise for calling you a fool incidentally

Regards Elwood