+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets out Wednesday

Re: Season tickets out Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand what's underhand. Like I said above, I don't feel particularly good about buying blind but they're not being sly about it. They've been very clear about what the deal is, it's up to us all whether we accept it or not.
    I'm not accepting.

I would be interested to know numbers of those who have

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm not accepting.

I would be interested to know numbers of those who have
    I haven't yet but pretty sure I will.

THIS CALLS FOR A POLL!

Nothing illegal about it surely, they have clearly told you what the policy is, its then up to each individual whether they can stomach it or not. Personally I'm still not sure.

What a difference in attitude from those on this pissing their pants on this forum compared to a load of Merthyr supporters who I know who are bending over backwards for their football club in this time of need.

They havent stopped putting their hand in their pocket to keep their club alive. Running different events several times a week (Quizes, sponsored walks, soccalot.etc) which all mean them giving money every time. Theyve even started putting their own money into a fund to help the club actually sign players because they havent got enough players to start a season. Theyve each donated well over what its costing for a Cardiff City season ticket and wont get noting in return and thats without them buying their own season ticket, which isnt a million miles away in cost of a Championship season ticket even though they play in the 7th tier.

They wont be expecting multi million pound signings either they just want to be able to watch their football club again, win, lose or draw.

The selfishness and me, me, me attitude on here is quite frankly astounding.

Ironically, this year will be the first year for a few years ill be getting one. Back on my feet financially and now the club need their supporters in their hour of need. If we can only watch via a stream it works out about £12-15 a game. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m getting solicitor’s advice on this.

Plus, I got 4 tickets in one household
    Solicitors be ****ed!! The club are not holding a gun to your head, you dont have to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a difference in attitude from those on this pissing their pants on this forum compared to a load of Merthyr supporters who I know who are bending over backwards for their football club in this time of need.

They havent stopped putting their hand in their pocket to keep their club alive. Running different events several times a week (Quizes, sponsored walks, soccalot.etc) which all mean them giving money every time. Theyve even started putting their own money into a fund to help the club actually sign players because they havent got enough players to start a season. Theyve each donated well over what its costing for a Cardiff City season ticket and wont get noting in return and thats without them buying their own season ticket, which isnt a million miles away in cost of a Championship season ticket even though they play in the 7th tier.

They wont be expecting multi million pound signings either they just want to be able to watch their football club again, win, lose or draw.

The selfishness and me, me, me attitude on here is quite frankly astounding.

Ironically, this year will be the first year for a few years ill be getting one. Back on my feet financially and now the club need their supporters in their hour of need. If we can only watch via a stream it works out about £12-15 a game. So be it.
    Solicitors be ****ed!! The club are not holding a gun to your head, you dont have to renew.
    If they want £50 to survive, I’d be the first in the queue. It’s the underhand way they’ve gone about it that gnaws

If they want £50 to survive, I’d be the first in the queue. It’s the underhand way they’ve gone about it that gnaws
    Thing is, that Mr Tan has got more money in the bank than all of us combined!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Thing is, that Mr Tan has got more money in the bank than all of us combined!
    20,000 with an average [that's AVERAGE] wealth of £10k. That's £200 million. What's Tan worth ?? [not his businesses]

How are they going to survive? The wage bill isn't going anywhere. If 15k people pay an average of £300, that's £4.5m. We aren't collecting that in a whip round.

Will renew tonight if we fail to make play-offs. If not then I'm going to wait to see if we get into the Prem. It appears we might not get either our seats or the ability to view matches online if that happens. Then it would be a complete waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How are they going to survive? The wage bill isn't going anywhere. If 15k people pay an average of £300, that's £4.5m. We aren't collecting that in a whip round.
    We spunked about that much on Aden Flint, we had £42m in parachute payments this season, the club aren't in an hour of need ffs

Trying to renew, i'm logged in, selected seat, go to checkout and nothing except the countdown clock and an option to 'Fill Data' which it won't let you click on?
    HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    has anybody successfully renewed their season ticket and applied the credit from this year/city cash?
    Yes

I just renewed. Got moved from Level 5 to Level 4 Ninian last year. Tried to renew my seat this morning as they stated in the Q+A that this would happen at the same rate but system said no. Winged an e-mail to the club. Tried this afternoon and it was no longer blocked. With a Senior rate and applying the credit from last season came to just under £170. At those prices it is good value for me even if we only physically get half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We spunked about that much on Aden Flint, we had £42m in parachute payments this season, the club aren't in an hour of need ffs
    They made 10m profit on transfers this season. Dalman has regularly spoken about the need to cut the budget this summer.

Cardiff and Merthyr, the football clubs are almost identical, aren't they? Cardiff - billionaire owner; Merthyr - billionaire owner. Cardiff - players being paid tens of thousands of pounds every week; Merthyr - players being paid tens of thousands of pounds every week. Cardiff - Premier League parachute payments; Merthyr - Premier League parachute payments. Cardiff - Sky TV money; Merthyr - Sky TV money.

Hang on a minute.....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, at a time when the club needs its supporters the most, what do some people do - complain and say they are not going to renew. Some of us should take a lesson from the Wigan fans, who obviously really care about their club. Well go on then, don't renew but don’t come moaning on here when your seats gone and you cant get in when gates are reopened, whether its watching City in the Premier League or Championship. And don’t be surprised or complain if the club has no players or goes bust in the meantime, which it could well do in the current climate with no match day income for the last five months. Luckily not all people think like this and I will be there on Wednesday when they are released to renew, as I would believe most normal fans would be too.
    I recall a time not so long ago when Mr Tan told the supporters of this business that if they had a problem with the day to day runnings of the club they were no longer required to attend, are you implying that we are, in fact, now desperately needed in order for the club to survive...

...who would've thought huh!?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Full capacity down the Liberty, every bugger’s related.

I’m getting solicitor’s advice on this.

Plus, I got 4 tickets in one household
    Why are you getting solicitors advice.?

Have you bought one earlier and the terms not the same or not advertised.

I

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cardiff and Merthyr, the football clubs are almost identical, aren't they? Cardiff - billionaire owner; Merthyr - billionaire owner. Cardiff - players being paid tens of thousands of pounds every week; Merthyr - players being paid tens of thousands of pounds every week. Cardiff - Premier League parachute payments; Merthyr - Premier League parachute payments. Cardiff - Sky TV money; Merthyr - Sky TV money.

Hang on a minute.....
    All relative. Cardiff’s outgoings are far higher than Merthyrs.

The moneys being quibbled over on here Merthyr fans haven’t batted any eyelid in giving to support their club.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I recall a time not so long ago when Mr Tan told the supporters of this business that if they had a problem with the day to day runnings of the club they were no longer required to attend, are you implying that we are, in fact, now desperately needed in order for the club to survive...

...who would've thought huh!?
    I also recall a time when supporters marched and made it clear he was merely the custodian. It’s a shame those same supporters aren’t so forthcoming to support the club when it needs it most.

Hang fire everyone, things might be changing

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They made 10m profit on transfers this season. Dalman has regularly spoken about the need to cut the budget this summer.
    How did we make 10m profit on transfers??

We sold Zohore and Manga but spent much more than that bringing Flint, Glatzel.etc to the club?

Away from the ins and outs of whether you're going to buy one or not, does anyone know if the online ticket office is open after hours (ie. after 5pm)? I've logged in, but there's nothing there....

All relative. Cardiff’s outgoings are far higher than Merthyrs.

The moneys being quibbled over on here Merthyr fans haven’t batted any eyelid in giving to support their club.
    Hang on, I, and plenty of others I'd imagine, have donated the cost of five games on our 19/20 season tickets to City's Academy in the last couple of months - I don't think the line you've chosen to be controversial with works there does it?

How did we make 10m profit on transfers??

We sold Zohore and Manga but spent much more than that bringing Flint, Glatzel.etc to the club?
    £10 million for Decordova-Reid as well.