+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Neil Harris and the boys!

Well done Neil Harris and the boys!

Whatever the outcome a fantastic effort to get to 5th in the league.

Awful last few months and we're not out of the mire yet but this run from City has cheered a lot of people up.

Thanks lads and good luck for the playoffs.

TIB

Re: Well done Neil Harris and the boys!

[QUOTE=Taffy Blue in Berkshire;5100076]Whatever the outcome a fantastic effort to get to 5th in the league.

Awful last few months and we're not out of the mire yet but this run from City has cheered a lot of people up.

Thanks

Realistically it did not seem possible when NW left. All credit to NH and the team. The Covid break proved good for us and we have taken the opportunity.

Two, hopefully three ‘cup finals’ ahead. Everything is possible.

I wanted him gone after the QPR result. (How fickle we are).

But he's done well. Has us playing better football, and I can't wait for Monday now

I think the unexpected mid-season break was crucial. We're third in the form table since lockdown, only behind Leeds and Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    I wanted him gone after the QPR result. (How fickle we are).

But he's done well. Has us playing better football, and I can't wait for Monday now
    Much better football

Yes, well done to him and the squad.

He has proved me wrong in a big way.

Now, let's give the play offs a bloody good crack.

Well done Neil Harris! What a great job he's done.

Yep. Well done all concerned.

Su-****ing-perb

Whatever happens in the play offs is a bonus. He’s worked wonders getting these lads up to 5th but also as time has gone on we are playing some decent stuff too.

He's improved results which is always going to be how he is judged, but I am so ****ing happy to see us keep the ball as well.

Said since day one I'd like a push next season with a proper pre season behind us under Harris and that hasn't changed, play offs is a free shot for me and I won't moan if we don't get the result in the next 2 games.

Hear hear.

Neil Harris has exceeded almost everybody's expectations since he arrived.
    Inherited what on paper looked like a mediochre squad of players, has got them believing in themselves and playing good football.

Not over confident for the play-offs but the best side does not always win.
    Whatever happens he and his squad of players deserve a lot of credit.

I wrote him off, happy to be proved wrong. Amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think the unexpected mid-season break was crucial. We're third in the form table since lockdown, only behind Leeds and Brentford.
    Getting Tomlin and NML fit due to the lock down has had a tremendous impact on these last 9 games.

Whilst I don't understand how Ralls (a defensive midfielder) is viewed as a natural replacement for the creative Tomlin behind the striker, well done NH for getting City playing a bit of football.

StT.
    <><

Bluebirds !

Harris spoke (as usual) fantastically post match. What a ****ing opportunity this is for all of them. We are without a doubt the least desired to go up, time to play party poopers 3 more times!

The club, team ,manager have done us proud, it was a dead rubber of a season until Covid destroyed life as we know it , let's hope it brought some cheer to those who have been unwell, lost someone, been sheiding or not seen their loved ones due to lockdown .

Up the City ,whatever happens after this , its a bonus .

it's nice to have a manager who doesn't talk up the opposition and give off the impression that we're lucky to be sharing a patch of grass with them

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Getting Tomlin and NML fit due to the lock down has had a tremendous impact on these last 9 games.

Whilst I don't understand how Ralls (a defensive midfielder) is viewed as a natural replacement for the creative Tomlin behind the striker, well done NH for getting City playing a bit of football.

StT.
    <><
    Ralls is box to box.

Different to a defensive midfield player.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    it's nice to have a manager who doesn't talk up the opposition and give off the impression that we're lucky to be sharing a patch of grass with them
    What he said.

Sheer sporting professionallism in action.

At no point was the winning result in question.

Harris and his backroom team are to be highly congratulated. The way they got the team ready for combat after lockdown was exemplary - the high-point being when the out-Leeds Leeds.
    They will be a hard team to beat in the play-offs

I had us down as finishing 10th to 15th. Finishing 5th is well beyond expectations. Whatever happens next, credit has to go to Harris for getting us where we are. The enforced break did us good and we are looking good for a "fully fit" squad, able to adapt to the new rules. Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Sheer sporting professionallism in action.

At no point was the winning result in question.

Harris and his backroom team are to be highly congratulated. The way they got the team ready for combat after lockdown was exemplary - the high-point being when the out-Leeds Leeds.
    They will be a hard team to beat in the play-offs
    PS deliberately left off the 'y' in they so BlueTIT could correct my spelling - which was the lowest point in my posting life....

Like others, I see making the Play Offs a bonus and aren't really expecting much from them, but great credit should go to both the players and the management team and thank you Neil Harris for making us less bloody one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Absolutely.

Listening to Warnock become extremely tiresome. I defy any club to put up with him for more than 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    He's brilliant with picking the right team and having a bigger bench and five substitutes has really helped, he can bring on players to win or see out a game with pace and goals, it keeps us dangerous to the very end!