+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Play-offs

Play-offs

Brentford - Might be too much to pick themselves up but still one of the best sides in the division.
    Fulham - Looked that much better than us although Brentford have already done them twice this year.
    Cardiff - Looked that much worse than Fulham but have been able to beat the top teams this year.
    Swansea - Will be on a high but one of our Swansea correspondents reckons they're rubbish.

Difficult to call but I'd say Fulham at the moment, and will probably be wrong given this barmy league.

Re: Play-offs

I'd have to agree, they've got just the right amount of flair and endeavor to get the job done

Really really hard to call these games. I think a lot of people may well fancy a Swansea v Fulham final after tonight.

Hopefully we set up slightly different against Fulham and play like the last 3 games. It's ours for the taking if we do. Bring it on.

I just worked out a mini-league based on the four teams' results against each other this season:

Brentford - W 5, D 1, L 0, F 13, A 4, Pts 16
    Fulham - W 3, D 1, L 2, F 6, A 5, Pts 10
    Swansea - W 1, D 1, L 4, F 3, A 9, Pts 4
    Cardiff - W 0, D 3, L 3, F 4, A 8, Pts 3

Brentford are far and away the best side on that basis, while the Jacks haven't managed to pick up a point against anyone except for City. Meanwhile, The Bluebirds have drawn all three home games and lost all three away. Form often seems to go out of the window in the play-offs, which is probably just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I just worked out a mini-league based on the four teams' results against each other this season:

Brentford - W 5, D 1, L 0, F 13, A 4, Pts 16
    Fulham - W 3, D 1, L 2, F 6, A 5, Pts 10
    Swansea - W 1, D 1, L 4, F 3, A 9, Pts 4
    Cardiff - W 0, D 3, L 3, F 4, A 8, Pts 3

Brentford are far and away the best side on that basis, while the Jacks haven't managed to pick up a point against anyone except for City. Meanwhile, The Bluebirds have drawn all three home games and lost all three away. Form often seems to go out of the window in the play-offs, which is probably just as well.
    Do you ever look at your life and think there is something missing ?

Get yourself a girlfriend for gods sake man

Get a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you ever look at your life and think there is something missing ?
    Irony alert.

Irony alert.
    I go to gigs , go fishing , go walking , swimming and listen to metal

You post inane statistics like something out of fantasy football

How long did it take you to research all that cobblers

Order a chinese and watch a film ff sake

I go to gigs , go fishing , go walking , swimming and listen to metal
    You do nothing of note. Ever.

I'm looking forward to the play-offs. Should be good fun. I guess you're pissed off, though. After all, they'll be live on Sky, which counts you out. And the teams are playing for a place in the Premier League, which you hate.

I guess while I'm watching the play-offs with a couple of mates and a few beers, you'll be out bullying fish somewhere. You boring, boring tosser.

How long did it take to draw up those stats? About three minutes. Things like that are a piece of piss if you have any intelligence. Which counts you out.

I'm looking forward to the play-offs. Should be good fun. I guess you're pissed off, though. After all, they'll be live on Sky, which counts you out. And the teams are playing for a place in the Premier League, which you hate.

I guess while I'm watching the play-offs with a couple of mates and a few beers, you'll be out bullying fish somewhere. You boring, boring tosser.

How long did it take to draw up those stats? About three minutes. Things like that are a piece of piss if you have any intelligence. Which counts you out.
    I have no idea if any of these back-and-forths are serious or tongue in cheek, but I do recall you pair were good friends at one point

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I have no idea if any of these back-and-forths are serious or tongue in cheek, but I do recall you pair were good friends at one point
    They're great fun to read!

I will probably be having a wank

Then going fishing

Then after catching lots of fish and returning them to the water to make more fish I will reward myself for my kind nature by having a wank

You cant beat a good wank

It's to do with height , or lack of it and his hair or lack of it

I will probably be having a wank

Then going fishing

Then after catching lots of fish and returning them to the water to make more fish I will reward myself for my kind nature by having a wank

You cant beat a good wank
    Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it etc....

Swansea look a different prospect since that Brewster started banging them in

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it etc....
    Great guitar break from eddie van halen

I've always wondered this, and was leaning towards tongue in cheek but they've become pretty nasty recently

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've always wondered this, and was leaning towards tongue in cheek but they've become pretty nasty recently
    I take the piss out of his academic research

He gets grumpy and takes his ball home

It's an established pattern

Hes a good guy though and he knows if he became single I would offer him coaching in the ways of the female flesh

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Same, at first I found it witty bantz but i'm starting to think there's real animosity between them

there's one area we are obviously deficient in this playoff:

Watkins : 23 goals
    Mitrovic : 25 goals
    Glatzel: 7 goals
    Brewster : 10 goals (since January)

Same, at first I found it witty bantz but i'm starting to think there's real animosity between them

Naa , hes a good lad

Hes not as good looking as me though

And I think that's the heart of the problem

Naa , hes a good lad

Hes not as good looking as me though

And I think that's the heart of the problem
    Using that as a measuring stick that'd also make you the most hated man in South Wales too, you 'andsome bastid

Using that as a measuring stick that'd also make you the most hated man in South Wales too, you 'andsome bastid
    When it comes to good looking blokes I am right up there with charlie dimmock

Great to see Victor still hasn't forgot about us