+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier survival.

Premier survival.

Of the six sides still involved which are likely to survive a season in the Premier League?

Leeds seem the most likely to make a fist of staying up but I can't see any of the others surviving.

Re: Premier survival.

Will we keep our record of being a100% relegation side?

I'd say if we were to go up we are currently in worse shape than any of the other times we got promoted.

that doesn't mean that we would definitely come down again but it would be a big ask.

whichever league we are in next season we have a lot of work to do on the squad

I think the premier league will be a tough place to be next season - 3 poor teams are coming down and both West Brom and Leeds will have money to spend. The survivor of Villa / Watford / Bournemouth will probably be down there again. Apart from that, maybe Brighton aside, I can’t see too many weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I think the premier league will be a tough place to be next season - 3 poor teams are coming down and both West Brom and Leeds will have money to spend. The survivor of Villa / Watford / Bournemouth will probably be down there again. Apart from that, maybe Brighton aside, I can’t see too many weaknesses.
    Fulham had money to burn when they won promotion and made a complete hash of it. Sheffield Utd spent a fraction and have had a great season.

I don't see anything in Leeds or West Brom that makes me think they'll survive. Bielsa will have his targets and is the most likely route to their survival.

After a few seasons where promoted teams were having limited success, only Wolves and Sheffield Utd have done anything from the last 2 seasons. Both us and Fulham went down a year ago. Norwich have gone and if Villa go as well, it'll be 4 out of the last 6 promoted sides have been relegated. Even if Villa survive, they've struggled. In that respect the top of the Championship hasn't been quite as good in the last couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd say if we were to go up we are currently in worse shape than any of the other times we got promoted.

that doesn't mean that we would definitely come down again but it would be a big ask.

whichever league we are in next season we have a lot of work to do on the squad
    If we wanted to stay up wed need a lot of work.

Unless we sell key players I dont think we need a lot of work.

A striker definitely. Plus a couple of young players.