+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glatzel - if only

Re: Glatzel - if only

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he should have thown his body at that ball, 100% commitment

i hate to say it but patto would have got that rebound just by slinging his body at the keeper
    This

You can analyse it til the cows come home. A proper forward would have dived in before their cb had the chance too.

I was up celebrating myself. And the next chance as well - Tomlin beats 3 of them, clips an outside of the foot ball to Junior (onside). He eventually lays it back to Rob who just hits it at the goalkeeper.

How did he once score a hatrick against Bayern? Was it Bayern's u23s? Cup game so yeah

I'm not particularly a Glatzel fan but he was always 2nd favourite to get to the ball. Everyone moans that Paterson isn't the option because is all blood and thunder. Now people are critical of Glatzel when you know what to expect from him.
    You can't have it both ways.
    I just people don't hold this against him like some do the Bothroyd Reading incident.

The thing with Glatzel is he doesn't have any strong points to his game, everything about him is, well....meh! He doesn't have a great shot on him, a turn of speed, strength, heading ability or a really clever footballing brain.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I'm not particularly a Glatzel fan but he was always 2nd favourite to get to the ball. Everyone moans that Paterson isn't the option because is all blood and thunder. Now people are critical of Glatzel when you know what to expect from him.
    You can't have it both ways.
    I just people don't hold this against him like some do the Bothroyd Reading incident.
    I dont know what the Bothroyd Reading incident even is.

On reflection I don't think many strikers would have done better at getting to the loose ball. The cb was ahead of him and reacted superbly and it would have been very difficult to have gambled on the ball heading there, the keeper made a complete mess of it. Second chance I think he should have buried but he's playing for us in the championship because he won't bury every good chance or close to it, no one in this league will.

Since lockdown he has looked a solid number 9, by far the best at the club, last night he looked sluggish but so did most of the team in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he should have thown his body at that ball, 100% commitment

i hate to say it but patto would have got that rebound just by slinging his body at the keeper
    Agreed that is the type of chance that Patterson scores, I think Ward would have reacted quicker and scored too.

He's still a bit of an enigma.

Paterson isn't really a better striker but I think he scores that chance. Glatzel went for it, you can't say otherwise, but Paterson would have put everyone in the net to score.

So frustrating as that would have changed the game totally.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Getting rid of people like Bellamy at youth level? I think we need to build from youth and it’s a shame we lost him whatever people opinions on him, he was committed and passionate.
    The club can be blamed for many things but they had no option but to let Bellamy go. The heat was too much with the bullying allegations, especially with anti-english discrimination being blamed.

I think Bellamy also thought getting out of this country would be a wise move too. Suited both parties at the time, maybe in the future he could come back here, who knows.