+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris on the sauce after the game

Neil Harris on the sauce after the game

Re: Neil Harris on the sauce after the game

Can you blame him?

Manager giving usual answers after a loss. While we are unlikely to turn it around, overturning a 2-0 defeat isn't impossible

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Can you blame him?
    I'm thinking I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Manager giving usual answers after a loss. While we are unlikely to turn it around, overturning a 2-0 defeat isn't impossible
    I know.

What else can he say?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What else can he say?
    I always admired Mick McCarthy as a manager as he occasionally said that his team were rubbish in post match interviews or something similar to what fans were thinking rather than the anodyne mumbo jumbo that most managers trot out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I always admired Mick McCarthy as a manager as he occasionally said that his team were rubbish in post match interviews or something similar to what fans were thinking rather than the anodyne mumbo jumbo that most managers trot out.
    But we weren't rubbish were we? The first half we were the better side, easily, but just didn't take our chances.
    2nd half was a different story and we weren't really in it, but on paper Fulham were always the better side and would put us under that pressure. I really don't think we played badly, just lacked the quality. Neil Harris would never come out and say we were rubbish, because we weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    But we weren't rubbish were we? The first half we were the better side, easily, but just didn't take our chances.
    2nd half was a different story and we weren't really in it, but on paper Fulham were always the better side and would put us under that pressure. I really don't think we played badly, just lacked the quality. Neil Harris would never come out and say we were rubbish, because we weren't.
    No we weren’t rubbish. We were absolutely dreadful.

The first half was alright, especially the first 30 mins but the second half was shameful.

So no - not rubbish. Much worse, especially in such an important game.

But that wasn’t the point I was making about McCarthy.

What he's said isn't wrong though is it.

The first half was alright, especially the first 30 mins but the second half was shameful.

Spot on.

A far stronger Fulham side than tonight’s, struggled to get a draw last week at Wigan.

We made them look like Brazil.

Embarrassing and lacking any pride tonight. Not a single shot on target for the 44 minutes after they scored.

Don't think he said anything wrong.

He's always going to say that. I disagree with what he said about being the better team by far for 45 minutes, we were better for first 25 after that was all Fulham.

We created a couple of chances but that was it. 2nd half we were chasing shadows. Our system seems completely ineffective against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    He's always going to say that. I disagree with what he said about being the better team by far for 45 minutes, we were better for first 25 after that was all Fulham.

We created a couple of chances but that was it. 2nd half we were chasing shadows. Our system seems completely ineffective against Fulham.
    Well said.

If bomber had come out and said - "I got it wrong tonight" not one of us would have been annoyed.

Him pretending we dominated the first half. Aye ok. We had 2 chances we should have scored from. One a goalkeeper mistake - one a beautiful ball from Tomlin.

Bar that we were awful and outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Well said.

If bomber had come out and said - "I got it wrong tonight" not one of us would have been annoyed.

Him pretending we dominated the first half. Aye ok. We had 2 chances we should have scored from. One a goalkeeper mistake - one a beautiful ball from Tomlin.

Bar that we were awful and outplayed.
    Danny Higgingbottom said we were the better side in the first half. What did Fulham do in the first half? Sod all.

There was nothing shameful about it. They scored a great goal and from then on we were stretched all over the park by a better team. Fulham have better players than us. They play better football. You can't blame our manager or our squad for that.