+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cobblers! No, it's true

Cobblers! No, it's true

Northampton away in the Carabao Cup

Re: Cobblers! No, it's true

Bettre to lose away than at home.
    Carabo cup should not have been run this season.

Newport v Swansea!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Newport v Swansea!
    Would love to be have popped over to Rodney Parade and join the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Northampton away in the Carabao Cup
    How totally under-whelming! Northampton put out a full team to send a combination of our reserves and youth tumbling out of the competition

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    How totally under-whelming! Northampton put out a full team to send a combination of our reserves and youth tumbling out of the competition
    I had to check on 11 v 11. Last time we played Northampton was 14th August 2012. We lost 2-1 and by a strange coincidence I was flying over the stadium on the way back from holiday into Birmingham airport just before kick off. So, a 2-1 defeat in an empty stadium is on the cards with us putting out a mix of U23s/reserves and a few first team in the last 10 minutes.

I think we will use it as an extra friendly to get fitness up, probably be a decent side out out, not that we have a particularly massive squad with lots of u23 options anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I had to check on 11 v 11. Last time we played Northampton was 14th August 2012. We lost 2-1 and by a strange coincidence I was flying over the stadium on the way back from holiday into Birmingham airport just before kick off. So, a 2-1 defeat in an empty stadium is on the cards with us putting out a mix of U23s/reserves and a few first team in the last 10 minutes.
    Since promotion in 1993 we've played Northampton 15 times. We've won 4 and lost 10. We've also played 6 times in cup and playoffs. We beat them in the FA cup in 1937 but have lost the last 5.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think we will use it as an extra friendly to get fitness up, probably be a decent side out out, not that we have a particularly massive squad with lots of u23 options anyway.
    Thatwas my first thought. A good training game pre season.