+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the last gig or live show you went to ?

Re: What was the last gig or live show you went to ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It also happens to be the four dc hard-core bands that come up if you Google it lol
    If you type in “Cardiff Football” into Google...it brings up Cardiff City FC.

Amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    If you type in “Cardiff Football” into Google...it brings up Cardiff City FC.

Amazing!!!
    I think you are fibbing but I will let you off 😉

I think you are fibbing but I will let you off 😉
    You seem to think I fib quite a bit 🤔

Living in the area for 18 years and going to many alternative shows and nights here I’m bound de be au fait with these bands.
    Particularly so when one of my Mates who I used to go to shows with was a huge fan of X and other American punk bands.

I’m not Particularly keen on them
    But neither am I particularly keen on Go-Go or the Redskins and am quite familiar with them as well.

Wedding Present Tramshed

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wedding Present Tramshed
    Snap .... my last gig as well, great version of take me

Betty Wright - Barbican centre 2019.
    David Byrne - Hammersmith Apollo 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Tickets are £530 to see The Eagles in the front blocks of seats at Wembley Arena.
    I'd want the Eagles to buy me me a slice of real estate in California for that much, as well as buying me a hotel there. Jeez who on earth would pay that much to see that snoozefest of a band? They have been shite since '75s 'One Of These Nights' anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Completely agree. In a word it is scandalous. The only acts I've paid anywhere near £100 for was Leonatd Cohen on his farewell world tour. That was clearly a special as I'd been a fan of his since the very early days.

StT.
    <><
    £100 to see Leonard Cohen I hope he turned up at your house and played you 50 of your favourite songs of his for that price!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    You seem to think I fib quite a bit 🤔

Living in the area for 18 years and going to many alternative shows and nights here I’m bound de be au fait with these bands.
    Particularly so when one of my Mates who I used to go to shows with was a huge fan of X and other American punk bands.

I’m not Particularly keen on them
    But neither am I particularly keen on Go-Go or the Redskins and am quite familiar with them as well.
    are the go gos from dc ?

I used to fancy Jane weilden the guitarist . It ended out she was a lesbian .

are the go gos from dc ?

I used to fancy Jane weilden the guitarist . It ended out she was a lesbian .
    No They are from Cali I think.

Go-Go is a style of drum driven funk music pioneered by Chuck Brown.
    It’s got a bad wrap for violence associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Tickets are £530 to see The Eagles in the front blocks of seats at Wembley Arena.
    thats crazy money

we had tickets to see Queen this summer, i thought £100 ish each was steep

2018 if I remember
    So, in summary, you really miss live music.

However, you didn't actually bother to go and see any gigs in 2019 or in 2020 before the lockdown.

Nevertheless, you really miss live music.

Strange man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So, in summary, you really miss live music.

However, you didn't actually bother to go and see any gigs in 2019 or in 2020 before the lockdown.

Nevertheless, you really miss live music.

Strange man.
    Well even well before lockdown my old dear , who is now nearly 87 has suffered from what was first diagnosed as dementia , which my dad died from ......thats a nasty experience to watch but has been changed to chronic urinary tract infections , a prolapsed vagina and a proplapsed rectum.. .....meaning her insides hang out of her basically

I have basically become her full time carer , its tough and since half way through 2018 I have missed loads of football , fishing and gigs simply because I don't have the time , its certainly not a case of not being bothered

Do your parents have any life limiting illness that means they need a lot of care or do you just ignore them and let nature take its course ?

Shes not going to get any better but we have approached social services for a night sitting service so I can get out and start rocking again when restrictions are lifted

If TOOL or METAL CHURCH tour do you want me to get you and her indoors a ticket ?

missing in action

Strange man

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Was he good? Impressive that he filled the O2
    oops sorry Royal Albert Hall which was also full and a pretty good evening.

It was Steely Dan minus Becker at the O2 which was a disappointment without Fagan who sadly had croaked a few months earlier.

Laura Pergolizzi (LP) at the Camden Roundhouse about 18 months ago now. The missues likes her but actually it was a pretty good gig. Full of dunagree lezzas but nevertheless shes a hell of a singer

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Laura Pergolizzi (LP) at the Camden Roundhouse about 18 months ago now. The missues likes her but actually it was a pretty good gig. Full of dunagree lezzas but nevertheless shes a hell of a singer
    dykes , bull dykes , duck van dykes

Well even well before lockdown my old dear , who is now nearly 87 has suffered from what was first diagnosed as dementia , which my dad died from ......thats a nasty experience to watch but has been changed to chronic urinary tract infections , a prolapsed vagina and a proplapsed rectum.. .....meaning her insides hang out of her basically

I have basically become her full time carer , its tough and since half way through 2018 I have missed loads of football , fishing and gigs simply because I don't have the time , its certainly not a case of not being bothered

Do your parents have any life limiting illness that means they need a lot of care or do you just ignore them and let nature take its course ?

Shes not going to get any better but we have approached social services for a night sitting service so I can get out and start rocking again when restrictions are lifted

If TOOL or METAL CHURCH tour do you want me to get you and her indoors a ticket ?
    done a runner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    £100 to see Leonard Cohen I hope he turned up at your house and played you 50 of your favourite songs of his for that price!

Oh, the thought of it. He'd even have got fish and chips thrown in as well ... and the rest of the backing singers and musicians, too. It gets better though, MS68. I first saw the gent in the mid 1970's at the Hippodrome in Bristol. On his farewell, World Tour I saw him THREE TIMES ... twice at the O2 in London and once in Cardiff. Each of the four concerts were brilliant.

From 1970 ...
    https://youtu.be/XY3sKuiDb7o
    From 2008 ...
    https://youtu.be/9RYy_8u4blk

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Snap .... my last gig as well, great version of take me
    Loved Kennedy :

Lost your love of life? Too much apple pie
    Oh have you lost your love of life? Too much apple pie
    And now Harry's walked away with Johnny's wife
    You've got to pick some people up
    You've got to let some people go

Not a strange man then , simply a caring one .

Loved Kennedy :

Lost your love of life? Too much apple pie
    Oh have you lost your love of life? Too much apple pie
    And now Harry's walked away with Johnny's wife
    You've got to pick some people up
    You've got to let some people go
    https://youtu.be/PuNYyNqCSSg

Enjoy those riffs

one of my fav from the weddoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGvdRKxCGRI

indie music gold

Not a strange man then , simply a caring one .
    this charming man

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bluetones in London in October
    Where did you go , when life went wrong for you , when the lights went out for you ....

What a criminally underrated band