+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the last gig or live show you went to ?

Re: What was the last gig or live show you went to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Three nights of King Crimson at the Royal Albert Hall in London [June 2019]. The concerts were almost 50 years after the free concert at Hyde Park in July 1969.

https://youtu.be/MM_G0IRLEx4

StT.
    <><
    I bet you didn't get to see the band for free this time around! Most ancient acts from years gone by charge mega bucks for tickets for the pleasure of people reliving their youth. How much were the tickets for each nights performance if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The Farm-Students Union-Cardiff-1990.
    A bit of a regular then Dennis ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/Lr6lVhjwrb8

Red Fang , Cardiff

Alice In Chains , Melvins , Sabbath influenced stoner rock

God I miss live music
    Nada Surf, Thursday, 12 Mar 2020, Electric Ballroom, Camden, London

Bluetones in London in October

October 2018
    Steve Ellis(love affair)
    PJ Proby
    Chris Farlowe
    Vanity Fair

60s concert

Last time I'll see most of these. They'll be dead by the time concerts restart. Perhaps I will be as well 😠

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5110890]I bet you didn't get to see the band for free this time around! Most ancient acts from years gone by charge mega bucks for tickets for the pleasure of people reliving their youth. How much were the tickets for each nights performance if you don't mind me

It was obviously more expensive than the Hyde Park free concert in 1969 though the RAH concerts weren't as extortionate as some acts today. I think it was just £70 a night ... not bad for being part of history, the second time around.

I first saw Crim at the Capitol, Cardiff (Oct 1971) and I think it was about 75p.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I bet you didn't get to see the band for free this time around! Most ancient acts from years gone by charge mega bucks for tickets for the pleasure of people reliving their youth. How much were the tickets for each nights performance if you don't mind me asking?
    It was obviously more expensive than the Hyde Park free concert in 1969 though the RAH concerts weren't as extortionate as some acts today. I think it was just £70 a night ... not bad for being part of history, the second time around.

I first saw Crim at the Capitol, Cardiff (Oct 1971) and I think it was about 75p.

StT.
    <><

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    "all together now" is a anthem though a true early 90's anthem
    it was first records by Hooton in the 1983 Peel Sessions.

Feedback

The murder capital earlier this year

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    I don't suppose that is too bad a price to pay, considering what some of the classic rock acts are asking.

£100 to see The Who!! It ain't the Who, it's only Half-A-****in-Who. Plus it's in the shittiest venue of all time, The Motorpoint Arena, staffed by those complete and utter brain dead morons, Showsec! **** right off Daltrey & Townshend.

'Genesis' are charging about the same when they tour. One Hundred notes to see the less talented 3/5 of the original band too! Well, 3/5 of the band that made those classic 70s prog rock albums, that is.

My mate wanted me go to and see a Genesis tribute act at St Davids Hall. Fifty feckin' quid to see a tribute act! Are they on drugs? I think it's been cancelled because of covid19 anyway. You'd have to pay me a vast amount of money to see either farty Phil Collins and his two mates play some shed of a venue, and a Genesis tribute act. Or at least make the tickets less than a tenner

It really grates with me how much some of these classic rock acts are charging their fans to see them live one more time. Ripping the very people off who made them rich and famous in the first place!

I don't suppose that is too bad a price to pay, considering what some of the classic rock acts are asking.

£100 to see The Who!! It ain't the Who, it's only Half-A-****in-Who. Plus it's in the shittiest venue of all time, The Motorpoint Arena, staffed by those complete and utter brain dead morons, Showsec! **** right off Daltrey & Townshend.

'Genesis' are charging about the same when they tour. One Hundred notes to see the less talented 3/5 of the original band too! Well, 3/5 of the band that made those classic 70s prog rock albums, that is.

My mate wanted me go to and see a Genesis tribute act at St Davids Hall. Fifty feckin' quid to see a tribute act! Are they on drugs? I think it's been cancelled because of covid19 anyway. You'd have to pay me a vast amount of money to see either farty Phil Collins and his two mates play some shed of a venue, and a Genesis tribute act. Or at least make the tickets less than a tenner

It really grates with me how much some of these classic rock acts are charging their fans to see them live one more time. Ripping the very people off who made them rich and famous in the first place!

Completely agree. In a word it is scandalous. The only acts I've paid anywhere near £100 for was Leonatd Cohen on his farewell world tour. That was clearly a special as I'd been a fan of his since the very early days.

StT.
    <><

Paul Gilbert in a little club in Reading last September.

Hadn't seen him before and was worried it might be a bit of a technical widdlefest, but it turned out to be a great show

Tickets are £530 to see The Eagles in the front blocks of seats at Wembley Arena.

The last live music I saw was in the Moon Club in January. A local guitarist James Oliver, who was OK but would probably benefit by having someone else on vocals. Seems like a lifetime ago.

David Gray Cardiff last year

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Probably Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Henry Rollins and Fugazi?
    the Google King lol

Got it in one

the Google King lol

Got it in one
    That’s insulting 😆

Graham Nash, Millennium Centre last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Tickets are £530 to see The Eagles in the front blocks of seats at Wembley Arena.
    that is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that is ridiculous
    Not if people are prepared to pay that kind of money it isn't. I get your point though.

However, you can get a much cheaper Eagles fix by watching the Illegal Eagles or the Ultimate Eagles, both of which are superior tribute bands who can faithfully reproduce the Eagles sound.

Roger Hodgson (ex-Supertramp) O2 2019

the Google King lol

Got it in one
    They're about the only DC Hardcore bands I'd know without googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Roger Hodgson (ex-Supertramp) O2 2019
    Was he good? Impressive that he filled the O2

Halsey at the O2 just before lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're about the only DC Hardcore bands I'd know without googling.

It also happens to be the four dc hard-core bands that come up if you Google it lol