Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
I’m not 100% sure he’s even in the top 3 at the moment.
I suspect he's not in the top 10, but don't ask me to name a top 10 as I couldn't, simply to my lack of knowledge of world football.

Our own legend, Peter Whittingham, was an unbelievable player for us for several seasons, yet I would argue that, from the 2013/14 Premier League season, he was never the best player in the side. When younger, top players seem to do unbelievable things. Then they just produce. Then things start slowing up, goals, brilliance, even though they can still be hugely influential. To remain on top takes an incredible amount of dedication. A decline can be quite rapid. It can then be difficult to say a brilliant player should leave, because of his previous talents and efforts for the club, even if, deep down, it's the right thing.

Barcelona should let Messi go and offer him an amazing contract to bring him back as a coach. They need a big rebuilding project. Messi won't be a part of that. Once you start to lose your effectivity, time to go, not keep on out of loyalty. For Messi, how he could ever be a success elsewhere is going to be a problem. He's got his reputation to live up to. He has enough money. What can he do in footballing terms that would be a huge motivation?