+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Villars

Tony Villars

Reporting on the other site that he passed in his sleep last night,RIP

Re: Tony Villars

I have great memories of that night against Crystal Palace when he scored what my memory tells me was one of the all time great goals at Ninian Park, Ritchie Morgan told me that he was the most skillful player at the city but he wasn't really bothered, RIP someone who to me will always be a legend because of that night.

Another one gone.
    Yes, I will always remember that Palace game and his contribution, even though, due to family illness I was not there.
    RIP

That goal against Palace is still one of my favourite City moments. RIP Tony.

Great player - I was there v Palace 28,000?
    RIP Tony

I was in the Canton stand that night and he seemed to run half the length of the pitch to slot it in at The Grange end. Remember the old roof that end with the faded adverts. His equaliser was enough to keep us up and send Palace down. RIP Tony, some great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    I was in the Canton stand that night and he seemed to run half the length of the pitch to slot it in at The Grange end. Remember the old roof that end with the faded adverts. His equaliser was enough to keep us up and send Palace down. RIP Tony, some great memories.
    Was a great moment. Not the same importance but went to the Goldstone Ground where we beat Brighton early in the season and he scored a better goal than the Palace one after a mazy dribble around several defenders. If the reports are true RIP Tony and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Great player - I was there v Palace 28,000?
    RIP Tony
    Gosh there's a blast from the past , he truly had some great abilities, RIP Tony Villars

RIP Tony Villars

I read the post on the other forum saying he had died and it didn't strike me as a wind up, but has there been any other confirmation of this news?

It’s definitely true. I know his cousin.

Shocking news.I was in the same school year with him.He was a decent outside half and cricketer.
    RIP Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    It’s definitely true. I know his cousin.
    Thanks for that, I've done a piece on him on the blog - really upset by this because he was so good that night against Palace

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

RIP

RIP Tony, not a good day for City wingers.

A nice tribute from Tony's son Niki
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...y-tony-villars