+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T VW Polo lost car keys - any advise for a cheapish recommendation to replace please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T VW Polo lost car keys - any advise for a cheapish recommendation to replace please?

Just to confirm my "cheery chappie diagnosis this is a video of the difficulties a member of the trade is having dealing with a car with no keys. It's a Peugeot car but your VW is likely to suffer from the same problems. Let us know how you get on. I hope I'm wrong but I stand by original post despite the previous post who thinks your dilemma is funny. It isn't. Isn't Jimmy the Jock in the trade? Perhaps he knows somebody who can help but obviously the person will have to come to where the car is parked. Are you sure you have lost both keys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVzv...vagerebuildsuk

Re: O/T VW Polo lost car keys - any advise for a cheapish recommendation to replace please?

Whats really odd is that my son has a second VW Polo key, but that only opens the door and not start the ignition for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Whats really odd is that my son has a second VW Polo key, but that only opens the door and not start the ignition for some reason
    It's the immobiliser. Keys have to be paired with the car. You can get any locksmith to provide you with a key to open a door but it won't be paired. You could try ringing around a few mobile locksmiths and see what they say. The World may have moved on since I confronted this problem many years ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Just to confirm my "cheery chappie diagnosis this is a video of the difficulties a member of the trade is having dealing with a car with no keys. It's a Peugeot car but your VW is likely to suffer from the same problems. Let us know how you get on. I hope I'm wrong but I stand by original post despite the previous post who thinks your dilemma is funny. It isn't. Isn't Jimmy the Jock in the trade? Perhaps he knows somebody who can help but obviously the person will have to come to where the car is parked. Are you sure you have lost both keys?

I wasn't commenting on his dilemma I was commenting on your pessimistic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Hi Vindec, as predicted VW wanted £170 and a 10 day wait and you had to tow the car to garage, a local locksmith (Keys for cars) quoted £80 and another locksmith £150 - the good news is the keys have been found

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    the good news is the keys have been found
    Congratulations. Suggest you get another ignition key cut so's you are not caught short the next time...