+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham

Re: Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think i've ever met an offensive Fulham fan.
    Me too, harmless posh types in rugby tops mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Me too, harmless posh types in rugby tops mainly.
    I find that offensive

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    For what it is worth I still don't really understand your pub going, replica shirted lad who has never been within 200 miles of their so called teams home ground.
    By the same token, I guess they really don't understand anyone who would spend large sums of money in order to sit or stand in dreadful weather watching a shit football team getting beaten regularly. There have been many times over the years that I've wondered the same thing myself. Mostly when I've been travelling home from a game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    By the same token, I guess they really don't understand anyone who would spend large sums of money in order to sit or stand in dreadful weather watching a shit football team getting beaten regularly. There have been many times over the years that I've wondered the same thing myself. Mostly when I've been travelling home from a game.

We've all been there muttering under our breath that we must be ****king nuts to do it.

Still there next game though. Gluttons for punishment.

Never for one second have I felt jealous of Liverpool or Man Utd fans, plastic or real.

TLG will ignore this though.
    I watched it as far as the City fan and had to give up.

The three Fulham fans who were interviewed seemed to think their team was crap. The third was bemoaning the fact that they were trying to pass the ball around as if they were far better than they actually were. He said they'd just been hammered by the worst team in the league (City were bottom at the time), who had played well on that occasion. Not sure what else you'd expect them to say really. They didn't appear arrogant to me. On the contrary, they seemed to believe their side was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I watched it as far as the City fan and had to give up.

The three Fulham fans who were interviewed seemed to think their team was crap. The third was bemoaning the fact that they were trying to pass the ball around as if they were far better than they actually were. He said they'd just been hammered by the worst team in the league (City were bottom at the time), who had played well on that occasion. Not sure what else you'd expect them to say really. They didn't appear arrogant to me. On the contrary, they seemed to believe their side was poor.
    Oh come on. There was certainly an air of arrogance and entitlement among them particularly the first chap and the interviewer. He called us rabble and it was an embarrassment losing to us. 4 months before that we finished above them in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh come on. There was certainly an air of arrogance and entitlement among them particularly the first chap and the interviewer. He called us rabble and it was an embarrassment losing to us. 4 months before that we finished above them in the championship.
    Let's be honest - there were plenty of City fans saying the same.....

Of course it was an embarrassment for them getting thumped by the side who were bottom of the league. I bet if you'd interviewed a cross-section of City fans after the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage they'd have been saying very similar things about the defeat there.

I've been to Fulham loads of times over the years and I've never found any of their fans to be arrogant or entitled. Nondescript is the term I'd probably use. No doubt there are individual Fulham fans who fit the profile blue lewj presented, but then the same is true of some City fans.

Fulham arent very good and have a poor manager.

We should gave beaten them in the playoffs but Harris lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I find that offensive
    Oh right, sorry but it’s true

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Never for one second have I felt jealous of Liverpool or Man Utd fans, plastic or real.
    I have, their simplicity can be seductive, like a moron who doesn't seem to get stressed or think to hard on things and isn't analytical-sometimes i envy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have, their simplicity can be seductive, like a moron who doesn't seem to get stressed or think to hard on things and isn't analytical-sometimes i envy that.
    Agreed. Many years ago was a member of a US "soccer fans" forum. One of the members was a gooner whose sign off was: "Loyal Arsenal Fan". I always used to think to myself how can you know you're loyal if you've never been tested?. We were in the 4th Division back then and even though we'd only been out of Division 2 for 10 years or less, it seemed like a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Yep we started looking better as soon as he finally took pack off but the damage was already done from our 'holding midfielder'

Paddy Power have tonight said that they will pay out on bets on Fulham being relegated.

3 games in. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    Yep we started looking better as soon as he finally took pack off but the damage was already done from our 'holding midfielder'
    it was such odd management.

Paddy Power have tonight said that they will pay out on bets on Fulham being relegated.

3 games in. Crazy.
    Paddy Power are a bunch of Mike hunts

it was such odd management.
    What would you have done? Tomlin wasn't fit to start the match and Paterson offered nothing against them a few weeks earlier. With Bacuna playing at right back, we didn't really have another option.

3 games in. Crazy.
    Just a publicity stunt as usual.

At the start of the season, Power had Fulham as outright relegation favourites at 10/11. You could have had 11/10 with most of the major firms, so very few people who were going to have a decent punt would have done so with Power. Them paying out now will cost them next to nothing, but they'll get plenty of coverage for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What would you have done? Tomlin wasn't fit to start the match and Paterson offered nothing against them a few weeks earlier. With Bacuna playing at right back, we didn't really have another option.

Well the damage was done in the first leg, id have gone with Vaulks who was in excellent form.

At worse id have moved Bacuna into midfiled and played Sanderson. it was obvious to most we needed the energy and pressing that had served us so well post lock down.

I doubt it was a coincidence the way the game changed when Pack went off.

Well the damage was done in the first leg, id have gone with Vaulks who was in excellent form.

At worse id have moved Bacuna into midfiled and played Sanderson. it was obvious to most we needed the energy and pressing that had served us so well post lock down.

I doubt it was a coincidence the way the game changed when Pack went off.
    Because he was replaced by Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because he was replaced by Tomlin.
    you seem to be focusing on the 2nd leg.

over both games the issue was pack, clear as day to anyone who watched them surely.

as soon as pack went off we started to press like we had been doing to good effect. We knew that Fulham would hate us pressing but we chose to sit back with Pack.

Cardiff were beaten by a better team over two legs. That’s what the history books will say in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Cardiff were beaten by a better team over two legs. That’s what the history books will say in years to come.
    Yes and his point is they were better due to the decisions by our manager which you seemed to have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post

Yup, no doubt about that.

As above in my opinion Harris messed up big time.

They're after a centre back. We don't want Flint. Let's get the grindr of footballing transfers lubing over this one.