+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That stat has absolutely zero relevance.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.
    As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.
    That'll be a great comfort for Bournemouth.

Not overly negative, I like Harry Wilson and think he's a fine player but i suspect that unless he finds a team where he can feature regularly he'll not kick on. Which is what i said in my original post. The reality now looking like another season in the Championship. Maybe, just maybe that's where he belongs?